BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-14-2005, 09:28 PM   #1
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

I don’t think I deserve this car?

Well I’m 16 and I’m in high school and I drive a 2006 325i. Well I really don’t think I deserve this car. I'm not a good student I have B, B, B, C, D, C.Theres kids in my school that have straight As and there cars don’t even come close to mine. I don’t really think this is the car for me. I’m just about to order rims this weekend and I don’t think I should. I have alwise wanted a modified car. I don’t even think I should get these rims now. I don’t know I need some words of wisdom. What do you guys think?

Note : I do have the ability to get A’s and B’s,i just dont get them.
      12-14-2005, 09:30 PM   #2
DC52E55
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5

study harder
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:33 PM   #3
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 328I - 6MT

If you're in a private school - good for you - study harder - if you're in a public/government school - sell the car and fund your private education - it will pay off 10 fold - it did for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:37 PM   #4
j0b0sapi3n
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2005 325xi

public education all the way!!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:38 PM   #5
D-Rock
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0b0sapi3n
haha true that
      12-14-2005, 09:38 PM   #6
THE JEDI
Major
Rep
Drives: 2005 Z4 2.5i

Thumbs up

Hey dude it's obvious ya parents see potential...be a man study harder get some B+ or an A-, if ya really think ya don't rate it...give up the keys.....but if ya keep screwing around ya gonna regret it........Less xbox .....more study time, will make ya parents go see....he got the message..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #7
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

If anyone gives you crap about not getting high grades, just say to them, what do I need good grades for...so I can drive a nice car someday???!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:41 PM   #8
ksfrogman
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 330i 6MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Things in life don't always come because you deserve or don't deserve them. Appreciate and enjoy what you have, be grateful, and work harder at achieving good grades and learning. Your hard work will improve your chances of getting things you will strive to deserve--a good job, decent career, a family of your own to support, a future BMW, but most of all, happiness.
      12-14-2005, 09:43 PM   #9
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hey, I'm only kidding about that. I was a very serious student...I had perfect attendance all through high school (and would have in college, if it wasn't for my roommates! ) I was on highest honors every semester, and made the dean's list all through college. If you can't understand something like calculus or physics or something, that's one thing...but if you're just to lazy to learn, well, that's another...
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:48 PM   #10
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep

Public vs Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0b0sapi3n
We will agree to disagree on schooling - but your state does have a Governor who is trying to fix things and has made some appropriate decisions as of late. Kudos to that.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:56 PM   #11
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
I don’t know I need some words of wisdom. What do you guys think?
Give the car to me. I'll give it to my girlfriend and you can have her 2000 Mitsubishi. You will feel better driving a shitty car (I drove a '79 Datsun 310GX in high school and felt great) and I will get credit for giving her the bimmer. Plus she will do things to me you couldn't pay somebody to do. You see, we all end up on top.
      12-14-2005, 10:00 PM   #12
theclay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E24
We will agree to disagree on schooling - but your state does have a Governor who is trying to fix things and has made some appropriate decisions as of late. Kudos to that.
Jeb Bush is a jackass. Furthermore, not everyone can afford private school. If Jeb is so great why don't you recommend public schools?
      12-14-2005, 10:03 PM   #13
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep
Drives: E60 M5 chilln on slicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by E24
Spare me.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 10:08 PM   #14
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
Do I deserve this 06 E90... hmmmm
maybe not, for I deserve a M-series or a 645ci
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 10:19 PM   #15
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
Do I deserve this 06 E90... hmmmm
maybe not, for I deserve a M-series or a 645ci
Amen!
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #16
E24
DUBYA
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by theclay
Jeb Bush is a jackass. Furthermore, not everyone can afford private school. If Jeb is so great why don't you recommend public schools?
I wasn't talking about Jeb Bush (my Governor). I was responding to the California poster - I like what Arnold is doing (especially his most recent decisions - Tookie, et al.).

Jeb Bush is not a jackass. He has tried to improve the public schools and has made great strides. He has certainly handled hurricane related issues a hell of a lot better than those idiots who looked after Louisiana (the gov, mayor, and senator from that state could learn a few things from Jeb Bush).

I'm from Florida - you aren't - what exactly do you know about Jeb Bush to be able to call him a jack ass?

My wife was a public/government school teacher for 14 years and she finally quit this year. You know why - it's a BS mess. You know why that is - the NEA and the increasing percentage of worthless parents who don't give a rat's ass about their children and view teachers as babysitters.

She considered changing to a private school - I pushed her to leave the entire experience behind. She did. I lived with the stories. I lived with all the crap. It's a government-run/funded institution that is controlled by a union. It's horrific and getting worse by the day.

I grew up in both public and private and private trumps public any day of the week. I will do anything I have to (even selling my not yet delivered E91) to get my son in private school. You're right - not everyone can afford it. There are rewards for success in this world, and there are vouchers and scholarships available when you work hard. If you don't work hard - you get to flip the french fries.

The person in question with an E90 can dump the car and do private school. They won't let you stay with half-ass grades like he is getting. I assume his parents bought the car for him too - in that case - private school is most likely in the budget. So he can have the best of both worlds - get a decent education and keep the car. I wondered why he was still driving it given his GPA but didn't want to go there.

When you have the finances - use them to your advantage. Putting my son in a private school would trump a new BMW for him any day of the week. In all honesty I would work a second job at night if that were the only way to afford the tuition. That is how important a proper upbringing/education is to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 11:05 PM   #17
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintball pete
Well I’m 16 and I’m in high school and I drive a 2006 325i. Well I really don’t think I deserve this car. I'm not a good student I have B, B, B, C, D, C.Theres kids in my school that have straight As and there cars don’t even come close to mine. I don’t really think this is the car for me. I’m just about to order rims this weekend and I don’t think I should. I have alwise wanted a modified car. I don’t even think I should get these rims now. I don’t know I need some words of wisdom. What do you guys think?

Note : I do have the ability to get A’s and B’s,i just dont get them.
As long as you don't take it as granted, I don't think you should worry about it too much. Its not matter of whether you deserve it or not, its about your attitude and the way you take things. Which at this point, judging by your post, I think you are a good guy.

Just don't be a rich 16yrs old jackass. And study harder.
You might be driving a bmw with C average grade right now while A+ student is driving a pinto, but see how it changes in 10 years.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 11:08 PM   #18
cdheaven
I'm Starving , So I Guess You Are What You Eat
Rep

pete, i graduated not too long ago, and i DEEPLY regret not studying harder. i got about the same grades as you, but i got them from not trying at all, and just hanging out. and i KNEW i coulda gotten straight a's if i tried my hardest and b's if i tried even a little. but i could NEVER go back and fix that. same with my sat's. dont screw up. and enjoy what you have, just be grateful. if mom and dad helped you get that car, its cool, but tell them you appreciate it. and show it.
p.s. fuck anyone whos last name is bush.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 11:29 PM   #19
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Im sorry, but how the hell can you say you like what Arnold is doing and you don't even live here!?!?!?!?!? I don't get that at all....

Second, Arnold has done nothing but make stupid and poor decisions for our state. Fortunately he has sealed his fate for a second term not happening for him because of the numerous stupid decisions, specifically regarding our education system, not to mention the stupid ballot intiatives that were all turned down. Spare us the online Republican convention, or w/e device you've created in your posts.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 11:32 PM   #20
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Just do your best from now on, and get scholarships to college. You'll be saving your parents quite a bit of money.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 11:36 PM   #21
E90-4life
auto pilot
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Just do your best from now on, and get scholarships to college. You'll be saving your parents quite a bit of money.
I got two for my GPA coming out of highschool, thought they were for the uber smart considering I had just a 3.5. Shaved some money off of my tuition, felt really good, and the parents did appreciate that I took the intiative. Nice to have gotten the two plaques on my wall as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 11:40 PM   #22
yu
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Same with me. I'm here in a community college because of my grades my senior year. I was always a slacker in high school, but I would still get A's, B's and some C's. But my senior year, I didn't do a thing. I didn't do any homework, never studied and basically either goofed off in class or slept. I almost didn't graduate high school, because I was failling two of the required classes you need to pass in order to graduate. I actually studied for the exams and got an A in both, but my GPA still suffered because of the other grades. I ended up with a 3.6 GPA, which isn't bad, but because of the F's and D's my senior year, most of the colleges I applied to did not want me. I regret not trying my hardest in high school, but that's something I have to live with. You still have two years, work hard and you will be rewarded. You don't want to end up like me going to community college and just sitting on your ass all day.

P.S. Reggie Bush is the greatest Bush ever.
Appreciate 0