BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-14-2021, 09:27 AM   #1
DarthRadonis
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW X1 28i Msport package

Thinking of Purchasing 06 M5 or M6

Hello I recently Sold my X1 cause i want something more sporty and more fun to drive. And id like to stay in the BMW family for the most part. I have found a 2006 BMW M5 with SMG that has only 49k miles and the Carfax is clean and looks like the 1 owner took really good care of it. It shows oil changes every 3k to 5k miles. Seems like the service was done by the book at a dealer as well. Also it about an hour away from me drive. Asking price is around 26k at a used car place that seems to have mixed reviews.

Also looking at a 2007 M6 with SMG with 37k on the clock with 1 owner as well but did the 9k to 10 oil change and recommended services at the time. But this car is 400plus miles away from me but the place has high review scores. This car is around 27k priced.

Also these will be weekend cars driven maybe 3k to 7k miles a year as i have a company vehicle for daily driver. So out of these two which would be the better one to pursue to purchase and have more peace of mind owning. Yes i know about some of the issues but it seems with actually good servicing and taking car of the car they can be not as bad as what people say. I do know that 15 and 14 year old cars things will wear out and need to be changed. So when i do go test drive and look at these cars what should i listen for or look out for to root out potential problems?
Thanks to anyone who replies
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2021, 02:42 PM   #2
EvanCA
Rep
Drives: 2014 M3

They both look solid. I’d advise a pre purchase inspection in either case. Really, you should get the car you like more - even if it’s just the color, get a vehicle you will be proud to drive for a long time rather than saving a bit of time or money to settle on something that’s close.