BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

05-06-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

What unique things to make sure r there when buying 2010 wagon?

hi all, if everything goes well, I should be buying a 2010 535 wagon from San Fran area in the next week or so!

I don't often buy used, so I don't want to find out things are missing later. I was wondering what to look for when picking up car?

I thought of these things, which I assume should come with this car:
  • 2 key fobs
  • Manuals
  • Spare wheel
  • Toolkit
  • First aid kit
  • NAV system - it's hard drive based, no? If not, NAV DVD.
Anything else?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #2
Rctmthouse
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '06 550

I think you covered the basic stuff that should come with the car. You can always take it to a local BMW dealer and pay for the inspection but since this is 2010 model, doubt you will need it.

May I ask what make you chose the wagon style? With all the SUV type out there, I always wonder why people buy the wagon style. Please don't take it the wrong way.

Enjoy the new car. It's a blast to drive and you still have factory warranty plus the warranty for the MAF.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #3
ProMed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rctmthouse View Post
May I ask what make you chose the wagon style? With all the SUV type out there, I always wonder why people buy the wagon style. Please don't take it the wrong way.

Enjoy the new car. It's a blast to drive and you still have factory warranty plus the warranty for the MAF.
I think you may have answered your own question. The SUV models handle like bricks compared to the wagons.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

As far as SUV vs. wagon, it's funny, I could go on for a bit, but I'll try to be brief... Europeans never got into the SUV craze / trend. They get me.

Other than the fact they're less safe (simple physics with the higher center of gravity), for me, the ride quality won't be as good and it's more floaty. I must say it has improved a lot though I'm sure in recent SUV's - I test drove an '11 X3 and was very impressed, esp. with the adjustable suspension.

It's a misconception that SUV's give you as much cargo space too, even though if you look up their specs, they'll often show similar cubic feet of cargo space. That's because their trunks are often taller at the sacrifice of depth. Not much use unless you're hauling furniture all the time. To get the same amount of cargo floor space, I'd have to get an X5 actually, which is a 5000 pound beast.

Otherwise, would I rather drive a 300 HP car that weighs 4100 pounds, or one that weighs 5000 pounds? With worse fuel economy? A heavier car will use more of everything, like brakes, tires, etc. Worse for the environment too. You're building a bigger car, needs more resources, each part is that much bigger than it needs to be practically.

It's the non-trendy, super-unique car to drive.

See why now?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #5
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep

PS Can you give me a quick blurb on this MAF warranty extension though? I hadn't heard of that. I assume the HPFP on these cars like on the 335's got a bump in coverage?

But I didn't think these cars even had a MAF? The 335 has a TMAP sensor, so figured with the same engine, it would be configured the same way. I thought it was the N55 with MAF?
Appreciate 0