BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-04-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
Crisp
Lieutenant Colonel
Albania
Rep
Drives: F95 X5M

Garage List
Double Lock Feature?

"Remote keyless entry security alarm system with selective unlocking and double-lock feature (programmed at BMW center), remote trunk opening, interior motion detector, and panic feature"- BMW Safety Features from bmwusa.com

Does anyone know what the double lock feature is?

Also, is it possible to program the key to hold the lock button and close the sunroof/windows, just like it opens them if you hold the unlock button?
      02-02-2010, 08:46 AM   #2
jbcritch
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 550i

Probably just the fact that you have to pull the handle on the door twice to get it to open (from the inside). At least you have to do that on my 550i (and I've had it programed on my 330, 325, and 545 too).
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
fnc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 540

double-lock feature is when the lock actuator is locked, then locked again to disengage the locking pin from the door. This is meant to stop someone from breaking window and opening door.

It disables the following:
• Lock rod at door panel
• Inner door handle unlocking
• Outer door handle unlocking
• Central locking button

It can be unlocked if you are trapped in the vehicle. I saw the procedure in a Bentley repair manual.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 04:11 AM   #4
Machinecz
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 , E63 , E64

Please, I need help. I have a car that was involved in a fire at the rear end, and it's not possible to unlock it normally electronically. The front doors are locked, and I am inside the vehicle through the rear section. I need to find a way to unlock the doors, maybe using an external 12V power supply. Could you please provide instructions or a schematic indicating which pins to activate to unlock the lock, maybe with the interior handle? I couldn't find any instructions even on TIS. I have the key, but it doesn't unlock the doors either. Thank you.
Appreciate 0