BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-16-2022, 02:52 PM   #1
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

BPC 157

Has anyone used this? If so, how were the results? Anyone found a reason not to use it?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 04:21 AM   #2
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Has anyone used this? If so, how were the results? Anyone found a reason not to use it?
Is this stuff legal now? Years ago it wasn't. Back when I use to research it, I don't recall any notable side effects. I know bodybuilders raved about it's use associated with joint pain/rebuild and small muscle tear recovery.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 08:44 AM   #3
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Apparently it is. I have a few friends who have raved about it and I have an old injury flaring up in my shoulder. It was never right even after months of PT. I have always worked out and strengthened that shoulder. I've got an apt with a massage therapist who is more of a sports speciality so going to see if that helps.

I've done some research and I haven't found anything bad but just leery of injecting myself with something daily for a month.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #4
EricVR4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Curious about peoples' experiences with this if anyone has used it as well (clinical/medical grade, not from the supplement industry). I have mild Crohn's along with numerous injuries to various joints (sports injuries and autoimmune-related) and from what I've heard/read in the past, this along with TB-500 can help with all of the above.
      05-17-2022, 03:24 PM   #5
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Apparently it is. I have a few friends who have raved about it and I have an old injury flaring up in my shoulder. It was never right even after months of PT. I have always worked out and strengthened that shoulder. I've got an apt with a massage therapist who is more of a sports speciality so going to see if that helps.

I've done some research and I haven't found anything bad but just leery of injecting myself with something daily for a month.
Understand, yeah I have heard great things. Luckily it is just a small pin. Interested in results if you go through with it. I've had great recent luck with routine yoga for a lot of my joint pain if you have not already tried that route. I was shocked how much better I could feel - although the initial was brutal. Made me realize just how inflexible I was.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2022, 10:59 AM   #6
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Made me realize just how inflexible I was.
Muscle-bound (meathead?) just don't realize how inflexible we are after years of lifting. Couple that with office jobs, and yoga becomes a potential life-saving technique to balance a person who thinks (incorrectly?) he is "healthy"

My yogi awarded me free yoga for this AND the next lifetime, since I create a web presence for her that really helped keep her business afloat. I don't go to classes all that often any longer, but I still have laminated Iyengar pose cards that I will bust out and follow a routine every now and then.
      05-19-2022, 11:27 AM   #7
smokinHawk
623lb puller
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 340I XDrive MT Black

I've tried bpc157 and tb500 didn't notice anything.
While a lot more expensive money is better spent on GH. That works but takes a while for the results. Shoulders are pain free after several rotator cuff tears and was back to benching 500.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 06:17 PM   #8
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Made me realize just how inflexible I was.
Muscle-bound (meathead?) just don't realize how inflexible we are after years of lifting. Couple that with office jobs, and yoga becomes a potential life-saving technique to balance a person who thinks (incorrectly?) he is "healthy"

My yogi awarded me free yoga for this AND the next lifetime, since I create a web presence for her that really helped keep her business afloat. I don't go to classes all that often any longer, but I still have laminated Iyengar pose cards that I will bust out and follow a routine every now and then.
Haha exactly, I thought I was quite healthy, pretty solid shape all around. But in that regard I was far lacking. I think I had years of impingement that I was just unaware of and wouldn't have known without attempting different poses.
Appreciate 0