BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-09-2020, 07:39 AM   #45
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Montoya on F1 and what Williams did wrong -https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1...t%20correctly.

Good chance he is correct on possible buyer -
Quote:
“I hope they survive. Someone will probably put money in it and eventually put his child in [the car], as is often the case.
Doubt top three lose much sleep over this issue either. Their chances of winning go up even more as top talent is looked over for money reasons.

I think Montoya he was hired last year to teach Stroll?
      06-22-2020, 10:24 AM   #46
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterspeak View Post
Agreed! I think any "success ballast" whether in the form of actual weights, reverse grid, or any penalties for good results is meant to create a spectacle. Did you guys remember in the mid-2000s when they were going to use sprinklers to create artificial wet races? :

The goal of F1 has always been "May the best package win." This gimmick is definitely not representative of the soul of the sport. I don't disagree with Toto... Mercedes has done a good job investing in their performance, penalizing their success doesn't provide an incentive. It might be fun for fans but it would be terrible for the organizations and their sponsors.

For example, let's say Renault comes to grid with an amazing car. But they start in the back because they were on the podium in the previous race? Well, that's BS. Teams should be rewarded with the hard work they put in. That's how you get success stories (Brawn GP, Bennetton, etc).

On that note, if F1 wants to turn into an exhibition and not have this 2020 season count in the championship history, I'm fine with success ballasts and making the races artificially fun.
+1. Well said.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50