BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-18-2019, 07:12 PM   #1
MrGatsby
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Anyone here an auto blogger?

Hi all,

Some of you may know me from my various stories (read: rants) on all aspects car related. I always enjoy sharing my thoughts and random events of tomfoolery when it comes to cars. I have written quite a few pieces over the years just for personal use. While cars are my passion, writing is my outlet.

I just recently started reading up on some car bloggers (Doug Demuro, etc), who seem to have turned their passion in to a full time career; an impressive feat. I don't expect to quit my day job, but would certainly like to venture into the unknown territory and start a blog tailored to BMW specific content.

Does anyone here do this either full time or simply as a hobby? I would love to hear your thoughts and any advice in getting started.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2019, 07:13 PM   #2
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
I am, in my mind.
Appreciate 2
MrGatsby348.00
paliknight2186.50
      02-20-2019, 01:02 PM   #3
JN1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: S211 AMG E63

Although I personally am not, I work for a company that owns a few forums and can put you in the right direction. Drop me a PM.
      02-20-2019, 01:24 PM   #4
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I had a personal blog, it was local to my hometown covering events, but I have since moved away and stopped maintaining it and adding content.

My advice, don't over think it, just start writing, put it out there on the internet and if you put in enough time and hard work it will turn into something. As you start to build up an audience, more doors will open and you just have to be ready to take advantage of opportunities.

Once it is out there you can change and adapt and see if it is something you want to continue doing and putting more effort into it.
Don't expect overnight success.
Appreciate 0