BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

03-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #23
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
No offense to anyone that is a fan of the current Corvette, but the styling of the current models (especially the higher end models) leaves me cold. It makes me think it's styling done by a teenage boy.
I know 2 f10m5 guys that gave up their m5 for a c7z06 and says they should have done it sooner, they were never corvette guys but they were done trying to make a luxury sedan into a sports car.

Styling is always subject to opinion, eitherway my intent was to say that if he wants something aggressive and a but more showy, the current list of sedans or 4dr coupes , or luxury land yachts probably won't have that edge he claims to be looking for.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 02:51 PM   #24
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I know 2 f10m5 guys that gave up their m5 for a c7z06 and says they should have done it sooner, they were never corvette guys but they were done trying to make a luxury sedan into a sports car.

Styling is always subject to opinion, eitherway my intent was to say that if he wants something aggressive and a but more showy, the current list of sedans or 4dr coupes , or luxury land yachts probably won't have that edge he claims to be looking for.
Absolutely styling is subjective and I agree if you want a sports car a Vette will handle better in most cases. Generally I'd say that most people aren't waffling between a Z06 and and M5, though. They're different cars, meant to meet different needs. I'd guess the OP probably isn't interested in a Vette, based on the other cars in his list - and given he apparently has a hard list of cars he wanted to choose from.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #25
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlaak View Post
Absolutely styling is subjective and I agree if you want a sports car a Vette will handle better in most cases. Generally I'd say that most people aren't waffling between a Z06 and and M5, though. They're different cars, meant to meet different needs. I'd guess the OP probably isn't interested in a Vette, based on the other cars in his list - and given he apparently has a hard list of cars he wanted to choose from.
To be fair, who the hell knows? The OP has suggested some wildly different configurations, so everything appears to be on the table...