BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-24-2019, 07:06 AM   #1
.2pdk
Banned
4058
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Bill Maher...

Helping America come together.

A true patriot if there ever was one...

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...-want-to-be-us

Quote:
Bill Maher mocks Middle Americans as less 'affluent and educated,' saying 'they want to be us'
Hopefully he'll do all of us a favor and continue this line of thinking well into 2020...
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2019, 08:00 AM   #2
2000cs
Captain
1042
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I’ve lived on both coasts and currently live in “middle America”. The last thing I want is “to be like” Bill Maher or anyone like him.

Of course if “they” knew what we wanted, we wouldn’t have won the election I. 2016.
Appreciate 6
scostu1134.50
MKSixer15629.50
City Pig6102.00
3798j381.00
Delta03117355.50
Run Silent12363.50

      02-24-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8197
Rep
10,468
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
I remember mahers bad treatment of McCain in 2008. What an ass. Just as bad as Hannity.
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer15629.50
City Pig6102.00
Delta03117355.50
Run Silent12363.50

      02-24-2019, 10:44 AM   #4
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6102
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Maher has a mouth like a runny ass.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer15629.50
N54Yankee1656.00
Now_Rudi6334.00

      02-24-2019, 10:49 AM   #5
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
15630
Rep
7,583
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Maher has a mouth like a diseased runny ass.
FTFY...
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 1
City Pig6102.00

      02-24-2019, 08:57 PM   #6
.2pdk
Banned
4058
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Maher has a mouth like a runny ass.
True but me thinks he's starting to get scared...
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 06:44 AM   #7
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6102
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by .2pdk View Post
True but me thinks he's starting to get scared...
Just curious, why do you say that. I really try to ignore him. I've watched him on a few occasions and find him to be such a condescending prick that I mostly avoid him like the plague.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1656.00

      02-25-2019, 06:48 AM   #8
N54Yankee
Major
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1656
Rep
1,294
Posts

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Little smug dick has gotten away with more horrible insults on groups then anyone in the media. If anyone else said some of things he said( especially about blacks) they'd be canned the very same day with the libs leading the charge, yet he's a hero of the left, hypocrites.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 2
City Pig6102.00
MKSixer15629.50

      02-25-2019, 09:02 AM   #9
.2pdk
Banned
4058
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Just curious, why do you say that. I really try to ignore him. I've watched him on a few occasions and find him to be such a condescending prick that I mostly avoid him like the plague.
I watched snippets from the episode in question and his mannerism was one of mild apprehension/panic.

IMHO of course...
Appreciate 2
City Pig6102.00
MKSixer15629.50

      02-25-2019, 10:06 AM   #10
Wheelwright
Captain
Wheelwright's Avatar
Canada
302
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada, Oak Ridges

iTrader: (0)

Once again the right-wing snowflakes cannot take a good-humored joke if it is about them, because in their minds only criticizing the left is allowed, no matter how hateful or slanderous. The right-wing hypocrisy is off the charts since Trump took power because his followers blindly imitate Trump's whining narcissistic victimhood mentality. Trumpism is a real mental disease.

But I digress: the way I see it Bill Maher was in fact advocating for middle America by slamming Amazon for not investing in Red States. He did it in a mocking way (after all that's his job as a comedian) but also in a compassionate way.

And his joking was grounded in reality because Middle Americans are in fact 'less affluent and educated,' and as such they understandably aim to reach higher levels of prosperity similar to more affluent coastal areas. What's wrong with that ?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 10:12 AM   #11
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
City Pig's Avatar
Canada
6102
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Once again the right-wing snowflakes cannot take a good-humored joke if it is about them, because in their minds only criticizing the left is allowed, no matter how hateful or slanderous. The right-wing hypocrisy is off the charts since Trump took power because his followers blindly imitate Trump's whining narcissistic victimhood mentality. Trumpism is a real mental disease.

But I digress: the way I see it Bill Maher was in fact advocating for middle America by slamming Amazon for not investing in Red States. He did it in a mocking way (after all that's his job as a comedian) but also in a compassionate way.

And his joking was grounded in reality because Middle Americans are in fact 'less affluent and educated,' and as such they understandably aim to reach higher levels of prosperity similar to more affluent coastal areas. What's wrong with that ?
Just another left leaning Hollywood type trolling the silent majority. He's an arrogant condescending twat.
Appreciate 2
2000cs1042.00
Now_Rudi6334.00

      02-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #12
2000cs
Captain
1042
Rep
634
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Once again the right-wing snowflakes cannot take a good-humored joke if it is about them, because in their minds only criticizing the left is allowed, no matter how hateful or slanderous. The right-wing hypocrisy is off the charts since Trump took power because his followers blindly imitate Trump's whining narcissistic victimhood mentality. Trumpism is a real mental disease.

But I digress: the way I see it Bill Maher was in fact advocating for middle America by slamming Amazon for not investing in Red States. He did it in a mocking way (after all that's his job as a comedian) but also in a compassionate way.

And his joking was grounded in reality because Middle Americans are in fact 'less affluent and educated,' and as such they understandably aim to reach higher levels of prosperity similar to more affluent coastal areas. What's wrong with that ?
Just one item, there is a lot of wealth and plenty of education and well educated people in “middle America”. Let’s start with Houston, Dallas, Chicago, Detroit, and Denver for wealth (not to mention successful farmers and businesspeople in every state). Then consider Rice, Carleton, Oberlin, U of Michigan, Notre Dame, and so many other “middle American” colleges and universities and their alumni. Surely the intelligent, well-educated among them didn’t all migrate to the coasts!

I understand Maher’s Amazon point, but as usual he cloaked it in a bunch of crass nonsense. And, although I’ve watched him off and on for several years I have yet to laugh at anything he says, so I’d say in my world he isn’t a comedian. George Carlin was a comedian who could say something I might disagree with but still make it funny and be entertaining. Maher ain’t that.
Appreciate 5
MKSixer15629.50
City Pig6102.00
Run Silent12363.50
SakhirM49602.50

      02-25-2019, 10:20 AM   #13
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
15630
Rep
7,583
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Once again the right-wing snowflakes cannot take a good-humored joke if it is about them, because in their minds only criticizing the left is allowed, no matter how hateful or slanderous. The right-wing hypocrisy is off the charts since Trump took power because his followers blindly imitate Trump's whining narcissistic victimhood mentality. Trumpism is a real mental disease.

But I digress: the way I see it Bill Maher was in fact advocating for middle America by slamming Amazon for not investing in Red States. He did it in a mocking way (after all that's his job as a comedian) but also in a compassionate way.

And his joking was grounded in reality because Middle Americans are in fact 'less affluent and educated,' and as such they understandably aim to reach higher levels of prosperity similar to more affluent coastal areas. What's wrong with that ?
Maher is a racist moron. He was a terrible and failing comedian who decided to mix politics into his failing act at the right time to parlay it into a show. He simply panders to the left and is wrong on one issue after another. If one tracks is record of being correct it's similar to that of the climate change adherents.

He is a piece of crap, plain and simple.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 7
City Pig6102.00
NickyC5405.00
Now_Rudi6334.00
2000cs1042.00
N54Yankee1656.00
SakhirM49602.50

      02-25-2019, 10:23 AM   #14
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5405
Rep
5,773
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Does this mean the folks in the blue states will cease escaping from the hell holes they've created to infest us losers in the red states now with their superiority?
Appreciate 3
MKSixer15629.50
City Pig6102.00
N54Yankee1656.00

      02-25-2019, 10:26 AM   #15
MKSixer
Major General
MKSixer's Avatar
15630
Rep
7,583
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southeast United States

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Does this mean the folks in the blue states will cease escaping from the hell holes they've created to infest us losers in the red states now with their superiority?
Ha. They create the People's Republic of _________, realize it's a S41thole, move to another city and state, like Austin, TX and start the same process to create another People's Republic of Austin. It's happening now.
__________________
Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
NickyC5405.00
City Pig6102.00

      02-25-2019, 10:27 AM   #16
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
5405
Rep
5,773
Posts

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Ha. They create the People's Republic of _________, realize it's a S41thole, move to another city and state, like Austin, TX and start the same process to create another People's Republic of Austin. It's happening now.
It's absolutely infuriating.
Appreciate 2
City Pig6102.00
MKSixer15629.50

      02-25-2019, 10:32 AM   #17
Now_Rudi
Soy un perdedor
Now_Rudi's Avatar
6334
Rep
1,360
Posts

Drives: Flaming stock car
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Burning down the trailer park

iTrader: (0)

At 13 years old I watched this gem on Cinemax late one night. Anytime that I see Bill Maher or hear his name mentioned, this is what comes to mind.



Of course this does not make me think of an individual with sound political views. Someone who is involved in shitty 80's B movies has no political credibility in my opinion.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15629.50
City Pig6102.00

      02-25-2019, 10:47 AM   #18
.2pdk
Banned
4058
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post

And his joking was grounded in reality because Middle Americans are in fact 'less affluent and educated,' and as such they understandably aim to reach higher levels of prosperity similar to more affluent coastal areas. What's wrong with that ?
One can only hope all liberal celebrities will be this damn stupid and continue campaigning for Trump.

Once again, the luckiest man in politics...
Appreciate 1
City Pig6102.00

      02-25-2019, 04:36 PM   #19
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
6840
Rep
12,807
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Looks like a slow day around here. Complete change over on my golf swing and I'm worn out. Muscle memory is hard to change lol.

Anywho. I'll leave this here.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...el_139569.html

Spot on.
It's as if they're unintentionally giving 2020 to Trump. How many millions can these blow hards piss off with their self righteous flatulence?
Love. It.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 04:59 PM   #20
.2pdk
Banned
4058
Rep
1,970
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Spot on.
It's as if they're unintentionally giving 2020 to Trump. How many millions can these blow hards piss off with their self righteous flatulence?
Love. It.
It's pleasantly surreal.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2019, 05:01 PM   #21
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
8197
Rep
10,468
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelwright View Post
Once again the right-wing snowflakes cannot take a good-humored joke if it is about them, because in their minds only criticizing the left is allowed, no matter how hateful or slanderous. The right-wing hypocrisy is off the charts since Trump took power because his followers blindly imitate Trump's whining narcissistic victimhood mentality. Trumpism is a real mental disease.

But I digress: the way I see it Bill Maher was in fact advocating for middle America by slamming Amazon for not investing in Red States. He did it in a mocking way (after all that's his job as a comedian) but also in a compassionate way.

?
I don't understand how Maher gets paid as a "comedian". I've seen snippets of his show when channel surfing the movie channels. He's mean spirited and as far and uninformed as a "left" person as Hannity is on the right. And....the whole Amazon relocation thing is a joke. They need to pick a spot and go.

But New York is somewhat infamous for having a state legislature that is not business friendly.

Also, how is Maher "compassionate"? He is actually quite condescending.
__________________
taking it to 7000.
Appreciate 4
Run Silent12363.50
2000cs1042.00
SakhirM49602.50

      02-25-2019, 08:08 PM   #22
Wheelwright
Captain
Wheelwright's Avatar
Canada
302
Rep
632
Posts

Drives: M235i (6MT fakerich edition)
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Canada, Oak Ridges

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I don't understand how Maher gets paid as a "comedian". I've seen snippets of his show when channel surfing the movie channels. He's mean spirited and as far and uninformed as a "left" person as Hannity is on the right. And....the whole Amazon relocation thing is a joke. They need to pick a spot and go.

But New York is somewhat infamous for having a state legislature that is not business friendly.

Also, how is Maher "compassionate"? He is actually quite condescending.
Maher and Hannity cannot be compared: Maher doesn't spread hateful, unsubstantiated conspiracy theories like deep state, democrats "collusion" with Russia, so called "caravan" of rapists and thugs invading US border etc: etc:

Unlike Hannity, whatever Maher says, however mockingly or crudely, is grounded in objective reality and therefore he deserves some leeway in situations where his brash style offends sensibilities.

Maher is also not a shameless sellout propagandist like Hannity because he never slammed Trump for trivialities like what suit he is wearing or his choice of mayonnaise. Maher jokingly pokes fun at Trump but he only really slams him for things he deserves like his plainly autocratic tendencies.

Simply put Maher is on the right side of history and mostly factually correct so he is far from "uninformed".

And while I agree some people may interpret Maher's tone as "condescending", his overall message is that of compassion: he implores coastal states to share more of their wealth via investment with underdeveloped "Middle America" because as he puts it "they do not hate us, they want to become more (wealthy and educated) like us". Clearly Maher wants to build bridges between the two Americas by means of reducing the wealth gap and what's wrong with that ?
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST