BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-09-2013, 09:36 AM   #45
carve
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
True stuff.

For me, i get the girls by not looking so desperate. Girls want you once they realize you're not that into them. I give them a body language that says "i can easily replace you with another girl 10x hotter".

Once they realize that... it becomes a mental challenge for them, they'll try to impress me.... and thats when i take advantage LOL
Well, you don't need to be dickish about it, but you're basically right. You don't have to act like you're not into them, but make sure to act a notch or two less interested than they are. The most attractive thing is the confident attitude you get by being non-needy and outcome-independent. Also, a good way to not put especially beautiful women on a pedestal is to kind of ignore her beauty. Instead of comparing her beauty to everyone else, just decide "do I want her: yes or no?" and treat her like anyone else. She'll appreciate not being treated like a Barbie doll for a change, and maybe see you as a bit of a challenge herself..."why isn't this guy oogling me like all the rest? I want him to want me as much as the other guys to validate myself".

Getting her to chase you is the ideal situation. You chasing her just looks needy to her.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 09:53 AM   #46
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Well, you don't need to be dickish about it, but you're basically right. You don't have to act like you're not into them, but make sure to act a notch or two less interested than they are. The most attractive thing is the confident attitude you get by being non-needy and outcome-independent. Also, a good way to not put especially beautiful women on a pedestal is to kind of ignore her beauty. Instead of comparing her beauty to everyone else, just decide "do I want her: yes or no?" and treat her like anyone else. She'll appreciate not being treated like a Barbie doll for a change, and maybe see you as a bit of a challenge herself..."why isn't this guy oogling me like all the rest? I want him to want me as much as the other guys to validate myself".

Getting her to chase you is the ideal situation. You chasing her just looks needy to her.
Couldn't have said it any better!

I forgot to mention about being confident. I try not to be too cocky, i play and goof around a little bit so they know i'm down to Earth.

Another rule, i dont give compliments. Sounds crazy right? But it has always worked. It's similar to what you just said: She will be wondering how come this guy isnt all over her like the rest, which presents a challenge for her.

You my friend should write a book on getting women LOL
(and i'll like to contribute a chapter)
      09-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #47
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post

Confidence, life aspirations, & goals attract women. In high school you could be a dead beat and get girls because they are ignorant at that age, but in the real world, women want a Mans Man. Pretty simple logic.

What woman would want to be with a needy push over? None that I've come in contact with.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #48
carve
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
Couldn't have said it any better!

I forgot to mention about being confident. I try not to be too cocky, i play and goof around a little bit so they know i'm down to Earth.

Another rule, i dont give compliments. Sounds crazy right? But it has always worked. It's similar to what you just said: She will be wondering how come this guy isnt all over her like the rest, which presents a challenge for her.

You my friend should write a book on getting women LOL
(and i'll like to contribute a chapter)
LOL- that'd be awesome

Not giving compliments can work. It's a matter of style, so long as you're not more complimentary than she is. I give compliments, but only sparingly until I know she's totally smitten; I think it's nice to give her some kind of validation if she's trying. It's a good way to get the ball rolling or maybe as an opener, too. Once things are more established, if she gives a compliment I return it maybe 3/4 of the time, and offer my own out of the blue every now and then, especially if I can tell she's in her head wondering what I'm thinking or how into her I am. The remainder of the time, if she compliments you, you can return it implicitly without looking needy just by giving her a look, a smile, or a little kiss. You just have to seem a bit less interested than her. It's gamey and I'd love to say exactly what I feel, but I've learned the hard way that 90% of the time she'll put you into the needy-guy zone if you keep doing that and her attraction will drop. I prefer to not think of it as gamey and just playing by the rules of human nature. People place a higher value on things they've worked for than things that are just given to them. I think generally women have to be (or at least appear to be) a bit more invested in the relationship than the guy for things to go smoothly. Women tend to be more emotion-driven and that's what tends to be necessary to keep those emotions in the right place for her to want you, while a guy is more likely to be able to play it cool without losing attraction even if in reality he's just as invested as she. Women want a guy who has lots of options but picked her because she tried so hard to be his best option and won him over.

You know what was a big shock to me: Letting women know you're dating multiple woman can sometimes turn them off, but OFTEN makes them try harder...to compete to be your best girl and win you over (although, they eventually get tired if you don't come around). Keeping multiple women happy like that is a TON of work though...it kind of becomes your life unless they're just friends with benefits, so I don't do that so much any more.

Last edited by carve; 09-09-2013 at 10:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 11:51 AM   #49
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

There are many guys who boast about taking a girl home on the first date and sleeping with her. Guess what? That's the easy part.

Finding one who is worth keeping around for the rest of your life, who is a hard worker, beautiful, classy, carries herself well, is smart, someone who will stand by you no matter what, will raise your children right, care for you, essentially be your RIDE OR DIE CHICK (sorry, I had to)... now THAT is something you can brag about. When you find that, my friend, you've got it made.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #50
carve
Major
Rep

True...but that's an entirely different topic.
Appreciate 0