BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #23
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Just shows that we understand the potential consequences of a "dollar collapse". I've got a gatling gun and 5,000 rounds of ammo ready for cannibal anarchy.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #24
amanda hor$t
Banned
Rep
Drives: a380

edit: i just realized this is the same guy who ignored me before i ever wrote anything to him. someone ask him for his net worth, sounds like a bunch of talk to me. after 20 years online, the easiest troll flag is the guy who never offers any personal info but has an endless supply of shots to fire. i'm reminded of the guy from rounders, or a brokeass i used to hang out with... appears to know all the angles but got nothing there

somewhat agree. anyone posting here is likely beyond "paying off nazi guard" scenarios, so hoarding cash/metal is somewhat obsolete. economies are global now and nations aren't going to all fall at once. best security play is a diversified basket of strong international currencies (actual bank accounts not etfs)

though i keep a cash safety net (in case of id theft, it's easier than you think), enough for food and necessities for a few months just in case. or if the gov fucks up and freezes your stuff wrongfully. besides, money smells good and it's fun to throw it around at home

even if you sell crack, there are too many ways to launder it and too many willing banks.

Last edited by amanda hor$t; 07-12-2013 at 10:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #25
E90-F30
Allen
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 AUDI S4 6MT

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero

Go buy tangible stock certificates then....and yes they still exist. Do you also carry around all your cash instead of having a bank account? That's pretty much the same thought process (actually worse, honestly).

Personal opinion is fine. I'm not the one buying it, but have fun paying 20%+ in commission. Let's hope they never get stolen either (another plus for ETFs). I'm not much older than you, but your view of "investing" seems to be quite misguided.

In this case it's not "to each their own." There's a reason why everything went electronic many years ago. It's not a difference in opinion. It just flat out doesn't make sense.

I benefit nothing from any of this, but I strongly suggest that some of you think a bit harder about how you spend your money. I deal with this kind of stuff on a weekly basis so I'm used to it, but it's honestly scary to me that people are this ignorant with their investing. If you want to go buy a giant silver dildo then more power to you I guess, but let's not act like it's a good financial decision (or a good decision period).
What is wrong with having a supply of bullion in a safe?

It's a safety net investment. Not something I hope to fucking retire on, Jesus.
      07-14-2013, 09:20 AM   #26
stylinexpat
Major
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomHero View Post
Your math is quite off. $18 to $25 is a 38.89% total gain. That averages out to roughly 6.79% a year. There are investment grade bonds with a 5 year maturity that aren't paying much less than that, and many just below investment grade that are paying MORE.

By that theory you should be investing in agriculture, land, ammunition or non-renewable energy. While gold/silver is commodity money, it differs from usable commodities that are needed to survive.

If the America Dollar were to ever collapse gold/silver would be worth very little. At that point, you’d be talking about a massive depression on a Global level. You would been much more worried about fighting off theives from looting your home than worrying about any sort of money.

EDIT:

I made my post before seeing yours. I'm laughing a bit at how close our responses are.
Your correct, my numbers were off. If we change it to $27 then my numbers will be correct. I think we can see $27-30 retest within 5 years. If we are lucky then within 3 years.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2013, 08:28 PM   #27
RandomHero
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90-F30 View Post
What is wrong with having a supply of bullion in a safe?

It's a safety net investment. Not something I hope to fucking retire on, Jesus.
I just gave you several reasons why it doesn't make sense. If those reasons aren't relevant to you then go ahead and do it.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #28
z4ps
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 M4

It's good time.
2015 BMW 428 GC
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2013, 04:05 PM   #29
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

where do i buy silver in bulk?
      09-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #30
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
where do i buy silver in bulk?
Google for silver bullion in your area. There should be lots in LA I would guess. In San Diego, I have been using BlueVault.
Appreciate 0