BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

06-17-2024, 04:39 PM   #1
F36 435i M
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i GC

Buzzing noise when unlocking car

Hi guys,

Got a M240i about a month ago and noticed this weird buzzing noise for about 5 seconds or so when unlocking the car. It's louder with the bonnet open, this is when I first heard it. I've attached a link below to me unlocking the car, you can just about hear it. Is this normal?

I've seen online that it could potentially be the valvetronic motor, but that noise sounds like an aggressive ticking sound which is completely different to what my car makes, and the buzzing noise I'm hearing is far more quiet. Is this noise I'm hearing just the fuel pump preparing the car?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Kj99pSWYa08

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2024, 06:04 AM   #2
Acey506
Rep
Drives: 2022 BWM X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by F36 435i M View Post
Hi guys,

Got a M240i about a month ago and noticed this weird buzzing noise for about 5 seconds or so when unlocking the car. It's louder with the bonnet open, this is when I first heard it. I've attached a link below to me unlocking the car, you can just about hear it. Is this normal?

I've seen online that it could potentially be the valvetronic motor, but that noise sounds like an aggressive ticking sound which is completely different to what my car makes, and the buzzing noise I'm hearing is far more quiet. Is this noise I'm hearing just the fuel pump preparing the car?

Video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Kj99pSWYa08

Thanks in advance.
Fuel pump priming. Supposed to do that, it’s a beautiful sound
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2024, 09:02 PM   #3
bgbgbg
Registered
Rep
Drives: G42 m240i

When I first got it, I had the comfort entry turned on. I felt bad walking around the car cleaning it since it would trigger the priming when I'm not even going anywhere. So I turned that feature off.
Appreciate 0