BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

01-03-2022, 08:42 AM   #23
Custom Install
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Might be worth a watch
G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 2
M8Bimmer1265.00
540iSUP703.00
      01-04-2022, 03:56 PM   #24
M8Bimmer
Not a good Canadian sheep!
Rep
Drives: BMW M8 Competition

I wonder if this will fit the F93 Grand Coupe.
Looks like it would but not too sure.
No sticker shown.
https://www.schmiedmann.com/en/produ...1-16-8-068-840
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2022, 11:29 PM   #25
euro*
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

As promised, here are my results!

At first I tried as per that DIY guide to use the 70% isopropyl, what a DISASTER that was. That solution barely gets the glue going. It would not even budge…

I then remembered that I had some Meth (Methyl Hydrate) left over from the summer days, when I mix it with my fuel

So I first soaked the sticker + a soaked microfibre cloth over that, for 20 mins. Sticker came off easy. But then you just end up with a bunch of glue that gets left behind imbedded in the visor.

So I ended up soaking the visor again, and then scrubbed the glue off, with a soaked microfibre cloth.

The result on the passenger side is a little worse, due to that poor suggestion of using 70% isopropyl. So it is about 85%. Driver side i did second, and it came out very good, you can almost not tell where the sticker was.

Overall I'm happy with the results. If you are looking for a 100%, then definitely this solution won't do the trick. If you are ok with about a 90%-95%, then give it a try. But it is KEY, to do that second step of getting the actual glue out, after peeling the sticker.

I attached some photos with the flash on (so it exposes way more than you can see during the normal light) In person it looks very good. I showed it to my wife, she could not tell where the sticker was.

Also on the first drive, I could really notice that the sticker was gone. Really nice not having that bright thing above my head anymore
Attached Images

Appreciate 8
      01-05-2022, 06:13 AM   #26
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post

At first I tried as per that DIY guide to use the 70% isopropyl, what a DISASTER that was. That solution barely gets the glue going. It would not even budge…

I then remembered that I had some Meth (Methyl Hydrate) left over from the summer days, when I mix it with my fuel

So I first soaked the sticker + a soaked microfibre cloth over that, for 20 mins. Sticker came off easy. But then you just end up with a bunch of glue that gets left behind imbedded in the visor.

So I ended up soaking the visor again, and then scrubbed the glue off, with a soaked microfibre cloth.

The result on the passenger side is a little worse, due to that poor suggestion of using 70% isopropyl. So it is about 85%. Driver side i did second, and it came out very good, you can almost not tell where the sticker was.

Overall I'm happy with the results. If you are looking for a 100%, then definitely this solution won't do the trick. If you are ok with about a 90%-95%, then give it a try. But it is KEY, to do that second step of getting the actual glue out, after peeling the sticker.

I attached some photos with the flash on (so it exposes way more than you can see during the normal light) In person it looks very good. I showed it to my wife, she could not tell where the sticker was.

Also on the first drive, I could really notice that the sticker was gone. Really nice not having that bright thing above my head anymore
Good work. Very valuable info for the rest of us. Thanks
Appreciate 1
euro*1657.50
      03-11-2022, 12:05 PM   #27
M8Bimmer
Rep

Aa-ha! Fuck you government of Canada. Finally got my passenger side visor with no BIG DIRTY YELLOW USELESS 2 LAUNGAGE FORCED STICKER on it.
Whew...had to get that off my chest. This wasn't easy but now I have both sides visors sticker free from new. No removal necessary.
Yes it wasn't cheap but I don't care as I win in the end.
Sorry it was a thing for me. Just couldn't stand being forced onto having yellow warnings labels.
BMW Canada wouldn't even hear of ordering them. Fuck them too.
Now my M8 interior can really standout the way it was intended. Without cartoons on the ceiling more or less.
HaHa...I Won !!!
Appreciate 1
540iSUP703.00
      03-11-2022, 09:05 PM   #28
M8Bimmer
Rep

Name:  20220311_185934.jpg
Views: 847
Size:  244.0 KB

Name:  20220311_185611 (1).jpg
Views: 847
Size:  237.7 KB
Those are the numbers if anyone wants to order some.
Appreciate 2
VipinLJ1941.50
540iSUP703.00
      05-03-2022, 10:27 AM   #29
M8Bimmer
Rep

My Journey is over....installed the last passenger side visor with NO FU%KING yellow sticker....fuck you Canadian government.....hahahahaha
Maniacal laugher is heard.
Gloating is felt.
"I don't need no stinkin stickers"
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 02:59 PM   #30
wilxuup
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 F87 M2, 2004 E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro* View Post

Thank you! Banking this for later with the M2 and the M3.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2022, 04:01 PM   #31
Westside Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Z4 M40i, 2021 228i GC

Garage List
Yes they are butt ugly but I have stopped looking at them. We should focus on finding fake badges instead.
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1265.00
      05-04-2022, 04:46 AM   #32
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside Guy View Post
Yes they are butt ugly but I have stopped looking at them. We should focus on finding fake badges instead.
I've decided to look for falsies more now. Different category.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:17 AM   #33
M8Bimmer
Rep

What really bugs me is the pointlessness of these stickers stuck in my field of vision. Here they are in two languages even. So only half is of any use to most of us who don't speak French.
The info on them is pretty useless as well. Gimme a F'ing break. I'm not a child that I need some stupid yellow sticker stuck in my face. Especially on something I paid for. It's mine after all. The Gov can stick one to their forehead if they like these so much. Info for idiots. And then they demand they be bright yellow just to put it in your face even more. Ya I need to read that everyday to make sure the world is safe! Grrrr
Who the hell is in favor of these....NOBODY I've ever met! I don't mind warning labels where and when needed. These are not them. I'm surprised they don't mandate it stuck in the middle of the windshield. Or my forehead.
SORRY for the anger ...but they anger me.
An almost $200k car and it's got stickers on the interior of all places to tell me basically nothing. Yup...I resent that.
And then they make em so they ruin the surface they are stuck to if you dare be brave enough to disobey the law....eeeek !
Who's property is this anyway?
BMW Canada is so in the pocket of the gov they refused to even order them for me. hahaha
Too late now ya cocksuckers. I WIN !!!!!
Actually I'm heading to dealer this morning for my free oil change and plan on gloating over it when I show them. The service rep is a good guy...he'll laugh.
Yup they were pricey for such a small thing to care about. But it was principle for me. Any way I'll cheat the money back from the gov somehow.....lol
Some shit I'll let slide....some stuff...nope
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:24 AM   #34
M8Bimmer
Rep

Look at all the trouble and thought we all go to love these cars. Look at all the precision and time and thought ETC ETC ETC that the manufacturers put in to them.
And them the gov comes along and orders these abominations added to a beautiful item and ruin it's beauty. Not gonna stand for that!
If the gov ordered you to paint your wife or Daughter YELLOW...would we........lol ...dumb comparison I know.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:27 AM   #35
M8Bimmer
Rep

Ya stick something 18 inches away from my face....ya got trouble.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 06:45 AM   #36
paquet
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport etc

I'm glad you found a working solution to solve your issues.
And i'm just enjoying your hate of the government, particularly the morons currently in power - it's fresh and raw (and justified)
Appreciate 2
M8Bimmer1265.00
      05-04-2022, 09:38 AM   #37
inTgr8r
Lieutenant General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by M8Bimmer View Post
Those are the numbers if anyone wants to order some.
Thanks for the part numbers.
Who did you find to accept the order?
'07 Z4 M Coupe Alpine White (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 10:17 AM   #38
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTgr8r View Post
Thanks for the part numbers.
Who did you find to accept the order?
IND got me the drivers side but simply couldn't seem to get the passenger side with no sticker. They got 2 visors in that were stickered from Europe.
Eventually Schmiedmann Odense A/S
https://www.schmiedmann.dk/
Very nice guy named Lau Raun
First one they shipped was for the wrong car. They only noticed after shipping so it had to be returned at their cost. Then they sent the correct one. I give them FULL credit and applause for searching it down. Bravo !
Great folks
BMW doesn't seem to forth coming to allow these to get to far it seems. I dunno really. But it was a fight.
Appreciate 1
inTgr8r2425.50
      05-04-2022, 10:28 AM   #39
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by packet View Post
I'm glad you found a working solution to solve your issues.
And i'm just enjoying your hate of the government, particularly the morons currently in power - it's fresh and raw (and justified)
I'm sorry for bringing that hate into it but certains thing they do set me off. Like all people with the gov of course.
If the gov thinks those stickers are gonna change fuck all in the overall course of motoring ....well I think they're nuts.
And to boot we're stuck with the things for the life of the car.
I'm certainly not the only one who hates these eye sores.
My car interior looks SO much better now. I glance from side to side while driving and see only nice black alcantara now. The way it should be!
Can you imagine if they felt these stickers were necessary for their other safety info. Look at the manuel....endless pages of safety info your supposed to do. Why no stickers for those recommendations as well . This is my point.
Those visor stickers are an insult to my intelligence. Putting them there in more than plain view are obtrusive and abusive imo.
Look at how many (guys usually ) remove them.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 10:33 AM   #40
M8Bimmer
Rep

They should save their stinkin warnings for say.....chainsaw blades

" WARNING DO NOT LICK BLADE "

Even if hungry
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2022, 03:20 PM   #41
vetteflier
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M4 Competition

I bought C7 Corvette emblems to cover them in my '18. Stick on and looked really good. Surprised no one has M emblems to cover them up. Much better solution than screwing around with solvent to take them off.
Appreciate 1
M8Bimmer1265.00
      05-04-2022, 03:36 PM   #42
grannyknot
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4M coupe

Good old Methyl Hydrate, mild and cheap.
Attached Images

05-04-2022, 08:09 PM   #43
M8Bimmer
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyknot View Post
Good old Methyl Hydrate, mild and cheap.
Not as easy on alcantara. Leaves a unsightly outline.
Leather or vinyl is easier.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2022, 03:39 PM   #44
Bugs Meany
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW 228i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
I had my warning stickers covered with carbon fiber peel and stick material - looks awesome and removes the risk of damaging the sun visor while trying to remove the OEM stickers.
Looking into this now. Anyone have a recommendation for a brand that matches a black SensaTec interior?
Appreciate 0