BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-05-2009, 05:58 PM   #23
TaTaToothy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i and 2002 M3

My favorite concert ever was Radiohead on the OK Computer tour at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in SF in the fall of 1997. I was a poor grad student so my then-girlfriend (an English fashion designer) paid for my tickets!

2002 M3 - 6MT - Jet Black over black leather - Xenon, power seats and H/K - no sunroof
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #24
Amir87
Gruppe Titan
Pakistan
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 SG/Coral

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [10.00]
I just went to a Kings of Leon concert, front center, it was awesome.

Best concert so far I've been to has to be Projekt Revolution last year.
      05-05-2009, 08:06 PM   #25
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

The lead woman on the other hand seemed obsessed with scarves or shawls or something and would use those and then slowly sway back and forth and slowly twist...I'm sure back in the 70's this would have been considered very groovy since the audience was probably tripped out on LSD, but nowadays its just confusing and slightly amusing.
I'm cracking up so bad right now because this describes Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks so perfectly, especially the twirling scarves part. They really haven't changed their act up in 30+ years. They were doing the same thing before I was born and I remember as a kid watching them (early 80's) and thinking the exact same thing you're saying now.

What that says to me is the twirling scarves bit was probably NEVER cool.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 08:25 AM   #26
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

IMO the front row is over rated. If the band has any kind of "show" as in vidoe/lasers etc you can't see squat. From all the concerts I have been to the 20th row or so are my favorite. And I would think you get a neck ache on the front row too.

I have never seen F Mac but the best "girl frontman" band I have seen was Heart. They did Zeppelin covers like crazy. I was suprised how much ass they kicked. The blonde sister, Nancy I think, was hot! This was many moons ago....
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2009, 02:35 PM   #27
MontegoGoGoGo
I'm kind of a bitch
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego/Cream E93

Garage List
2007 E93  [0.00]
Concert was excellent because of Buckingham. We had a blast!

Nicks looked totally fucked up (she's supposed to be sober) and like she was saying to herself, "Just shake the tambo and smile, it will all be over soon."

She was really either on some serious opiates or just not wanting to be there.

Overall though, great concert and I will probably never cheap out on seats again after being so close. Buckingham and I had a "moment."

Overall, totally worth it, and for Mac fans a must see concert!
Attached Images

05-06-2009, 04:16 PM   #28
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
Looks like you had lost of fun ...I hope the "moment" with L. Buckingham you are referring to was not the close to be planted Falcon Punch in the second photo ...Ouch!
Appreciate 0