BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-20-2020, 08:02 AM   #45
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Rubbish, and I don't want to get too controversial because I have resigned in my mind to leave people and let the be stupid if they want to be.

In another place I TOLD people they were gonna need masks, because the science PROVES that masks help to slow the virus, even non medical masks

I told people the surgeon general was wrong, and that all the people at WHO the CDC and the Surgeon general were reckless and should be held accountable for reckless endangerment of peoples lives.

I had friends who were doctors who said how dare challenge the knowledge of the surgeon general, I began to ask them as doctors, questions they could not answer, as the parroted the statements made by the SG.

I told them over 7 weeks ago that the SG will have to come back and reverse course when this shit starts to hit the fan...……….He had to do exactly that, and all the media outlets parroting his statements had to change course.

I don't have the time now, but I suggest YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH and stop talking rubbish

Seatbelts don't stop accidents, nor do they completely stop you from being injured, yet is LAW that you wear them when driving

Lots o people don't know how to wash their hands properly, yet its encouraged and we have videos etc showing how to properly do it

the idea that people don't know how to wear masks properly is another bullshit propaganda. If they don't know, promote how to do it properly. and as a mask maker, there is nothing complicated or difficult in wearing a masks

the issue I have is that makers need to use the right kind of materials, and they need to know how to cut and construct a masks so that it fits properly, is comfortable to the user and that is does what its intended to do.

the masks we make at 5MMask, most of them are backed with POLYPROPYLENE, the same material used to make an N95. you can use even the filters used in Vacuum cleaners, as a filtration piece in a cloth masks and anything above merv 13 offers BETTER protection than an N95.

I dare you to prove that other masks offer Zero Protection, you are WRONG and I dare you to demonstrate the factuality of your argument.
I am pretty sure its a fact that surgical masks don't offer virus protection. I dont need to prove that, it's already been proven. That's why so many nurses get infected and refuse to work without FFP2/3 mask. Whether its 0% protection or 10%, i don't know and no one does, so it goes as they don't protect from viruses, thats it.
I'll take 10% over 0% thank you. And people do know.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:18 AM   #46
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

In anyway, I tried wearing a mask, it didn't work for me because it quickly becomes moist and itchy. As per docs recommendation, its better not to wear one at all then deal with itching and constant mask touching etc. Key is not the mask, but hand washing, no face touching, and obviously not going to public places with sick symptoms of any kind, and distancing.
When I enter store, I use provided sanitizer and sanitize cart with provided in-store wipes. When I am done and ready to leave, I sanitize my hands again. Then wash at home
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:21 AM   #47
Uber Commuter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 328D xDrive

Garage List
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...coverings.html

https://www.ijidonline.com/article/S...008-4/fulltext

When masks were used by study participants, they provided over 80% reduction in disease transmission...

Yes they work, when combined with other common-sense preventatives they work really well.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:28 AM   #48
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post

When masks were used by study participants, they provided over 80% reduction in disease transmission...

Yes they work, when combined with other common-sense preventatives they work really well.
and in spite of all the evidence, you have people who insist in talking rubbish, even those who should know better. which is why I say, if people want to be stupid, let them be...…….
Appreciate 1
jmg18703.50
      04-20-2020, 08:30 AM   #49
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
In anyway, I tried wearing a mask, it didn't work for me because it quickly becomes moist and itchy. As per docs recommendation, its better not to wear one at all then deal with itching and constant mask touching etc. Key is not the mask, but hand washing, no face touching, and obviously not going to public places with sick symptoms of any kind, and distancing.
When I enter store, I use provided sanitizer and sanitize cart with provided in-store wipes. When I am done and ready to leave, I sanitize my hands again. Then wash at home
Moist and itchy? Breath through your nose. Breathing through your mouth releases more moisture than your nose.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:31 AM   #50
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Commuter View Post

and in spite of all the evidence, you have people who insist in talking rubbish, even those who should know better. which is why I say, if people want to be stupid, let them be...…….
Exactly. If someone thinks they are fine without a mask, fine. I'll just stay away from them.

Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 08:35 AM   #51
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Moist and itchy? Breath through your nose. Breathing through your mouth releases more moisture than your nose.
I did
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:50 AM   #52
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

My wife asked if I wanted to go to the store with her Saturday. I said, "sure, let me get dressed." I walked out like this and she said "ugh never mind."

Untitled by Nick Wood, on Flickr
Appreciate 4
King Rudi13154.00
vreihen1615257.50
jmg18703.50
wdb4729.00
      04-20-2020, 09:17 AM   #53
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

I ordered some amazon a few weeks back. Was going to post a link but apparently they are no longer for sale, gotta love the dogs of amazon.

We (work) have masks on order for our facility and will be mandated to wear them once they arrive; however, we were only able to get a small supply. What we have coming are not cloth masks and we were told we will have to reuse what we get, so I ordered cloth masks for myself and the girlfriend. Also ordered a couple of gaiters.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #54
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Quote:
Quote:
Rubbish, and I don't want to get too controversial because I have resigned in my mind to leave people and let the be stupid if they want to be.

In another place I TOLD people they were gonna need masks, because the science PROVES that masks help to slow the virus, even non medical masks

I told people the surgeon general was wrong, and that all the people at WHO the CDC and the Surgeon general were reckless and should be held accountable for reckless endangerment of peoples lives.

I had friends who were doctors who said how dare challenge the knowledge of the surgeon general, I began to ask them as doctors, questions they could not answer, as the parroted the statements made by the SG.

I told them over 7 weeks ago that the SG will have to come back and reverse course when this shit starts to hit the fan...……….He had to do exactly that, and all the media outlets parroting his statements had to change course.

I don't have the time now, but I suggest YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH and stop talking rubbish

Seatbelts don't stop accidents, nor do they completely stop you from being injured, yet is LAW that you wear them when driving

Lots o people don't know how to wash their hands properly, yet its encouraged and we have videos etc showing how to properly do it

the idea that people don't know how to wear masks properly is another bullshit propaganda. If they don't know, promote how to do it properly. and as a mask maker, there is nothing complicated or difficult in wearing a masks

the issue I have is that makers need to use the right kind of materials, and they need to know how to cut and construct a masks so that it fits properly, is comfortable to the user and that is does what its intended to do.

the masks we make at 5MMask, most of them are backed with POLYPROPYLENE, the same material used to make an N95. you can use even the filters used in Vacuum cleaners, as a filtration piece in a cloth masks and anything above merv 13 offers BETTER protection than an N95.

I dare you to prove that other masks offer Zero Protection, you are WRONG and I dare you to demonstrate the factuality of your argument.
I am pretty sure its a fact that surgical masks don't offer virus protection. I dont need to prove that, it's already been proven. That's why so many nurses get infected and refuse to work without FFP2/3 mask. Whether its 0% protection or 10%, i don't know and no one does, so it goes as they don't protect from viruses, thats it.
They are intended to stop virus transmission FROM the wearer. Unless it's something like an N95 which protects transmission TO the wearer.

| Previous: 18 M3 ZCP | 17 M3 6MT | 15 M235i |
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2020, 09:24 AM   #55
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep
Drives: blue streak

whats with the ban hammer in this thread
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 09:35 AM   #56
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
They are intended to stop virus transmission FROM the wearer. Unless it's something like an N95 which protects transmission TO the wearer.
Yeah, thats pretty much what I got from people in field
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 10:53 AM   #57
aozer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
pretty fucking selfish. the mask isnt to protect you, it is to protect everyone else.

you may be a carrier without any symptoms, so maybe you should man up and deal with the itching.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 10:59 AM   #58
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

WTF?
Attached Images

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 4
Dpc2u11503.00
jmg18703.50
Red Bread4463.00
      04-20-2020, 11:39 AM   #59
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstnstr View Post
I wont post anymore on this because people like you are a complete waste of time,

and don't tell me about PEOPLE IN THE FEILD.
the damn Surgeon General is the highest medical expert in the US and he was spewing a ton of bullshit weeks ago, when I told people he was wrong, they asked who am I to challenge the "expert" I told them the expert will have to eat his ego like an egg and redact his statement. the laughed at time, but as I said elsewhere, when you are willing to face reality and tell the truth, time will always prove you right.

the surgeon general had to come back and reverse his argument, exactly as I predicted. can you imagine how many trillions of dollars were lost and how many lived gone that could have been spared if people were willing to face the truth and not talk rubbish the way people like you do.

As yourself this question, this ONE question. aren't there scientist in Japan, in Vietnam, in South Korea, in China, in Cuba, etc, ask yourself why all those countries were able to mitigate the full effects on the virus in ways the US and Europe has not and what is the one difference in their approach that we did not do?

they all were willing (and even before now from the SARS epidemic) TO WEAR FACE MASKS.

I Have studied this in depth, and it is upon that knowledge I started my company 5MMask and I can tell you now, you are your kind better buckle up because soon you wont be able to go out in public without a mask and you will HAVE TO DO THAT for at least another 8 to 12 months...….
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 11:46 AM   #60
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

A lot of the mask wearing I have seen is just ridiculous, in the brief time that I see people most of them will mess with their mask, or just pull it down to uncover their nose.

I have seen people with N95 masks, on upside down.

I have seen a guy with a respirator on, with NO filters.
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2020, 11:48 AM   #61
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
A lot of the mask wearing I have seen is just ridiculous, in the brief time that I see people most of them will mess with their mask, or just pull it down to uncover their nose.

Yesterday I went for a walk and saw a teenaged kid riding a small 2-stroke dirt bike on the street (extremely rare in my area of Bergen County NJ). He had no helmet on but he was wearing a paper mask. Safety first!
      04-20-2020, 11:54 AM   #62
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:

true,

there are a lot of poorly made masks made by people who do not know how to cut them, how to construct them or even the proper material to make them.
so I agree with you there, but I think the government (whether state or federal ) should invest in educating people on how to properly wear masks for increase effectiveness.
I did a video and sent out a release on how to select good masks

Like your knitter girlfriend knitting a mask for you wont cut it, and masks from loose weave fabrics with no filter doesn't cut it, masks that don't seal around the face very well don't cut it. educating people is the key, not discouraging them because they don't know
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #63
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

Quote:
true,

there are a lot of poorly made masks made by people who do not know how to cut them, how to construct them or even the proper material to make them.
so I agree with you there, but I think the government (whether state or federal ) should invest in educating people on how to properly wear masks for increase effectiveness.
I did a video and sent out a release on how to select good masks

Like your knitter girlfriend knitting a mask for you wont cut it, and masks from loose weave fabrics with no filter doesn't cut it, masks that don't seal around the face very well don't cut it. educating people is the key, not discouraging them because they don't know
I'm not discouraging anyone (not that I think you were accusing me).

I will go on record as hating them, and hating the fact that the Government is involved in making them mandatory. But, if we all need to wear a sneeze guard when we go in public places for a while, then so be it.

I will wear it when I go into a store, but thats about it. I don't live/spend time it high density areas and its easy to keep adequate distance.

My issue with Govt involvement is the same issue I have with the 'shut down' there is no incentive for politicians it ever say, 'its ok now' Eventually we will all get tired of 'it' and start acting 'normal' again.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:34 PM   #64
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
I place an order on amazon for face mask/scarf/bandanas
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 12:39 PM   #65
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:

No doubt, some people are just reacting without understanding. I had to laugh at the guy at the supermarket yesterday who had his nose uncovered. WTF point is that? At least his mouth was covered, so it's better than nothing, but come on man...

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:05 PM   #66
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Overall, I guess my attitude is "Can't hurt, might help".

I take the stance that a mask, even home-made ones (with the exception of crocheted ones!) aren't to keep you safe, but to keep other people safe-- they keep spittle, phlegm, water vapor, etc. contained instead of blasting out to where other (elderly or immunocompromised) people are.

It's not a perfect solution (look up Racal Suit if you want to *really* be protected), but it's better than nothing.

I don't wear one at home (my wife and I have both been sick recently with symptoms that could be CV-- maybe we had it, maybe we didn't)-- but I'll play the game when I go to the grocery store, Home Depot, etc. I consider it a "good neighbor" policy. I don't really want to kill grandma, so if wearing a mask (KN95 or one my buddy sewed from an online template in my case, since that's all I could get) keeps someone else from coming down with the plague, I'm good with that.

Just my 0.02.

R.
Appreciate 1