BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-18-2020, 12:18 AM   #23
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Knew the day would come where we'd need masks in the US,
was follwing all the data out of china and other Asian countries

I am a clothing designer, i started this company, making masks seven weeks ago
https://5mmask.com/

If im allowed to toot my horn,some of the most stylish, versatile and well fitting masks on the market

5M is M5, and the fact that the letter M has 5 points to it.
We are doing well, and was featured on Yahoo after having a virtual press conference with the Brooklyn Borough president Eric Adams, who also wears our masks

https://news.yahoo.com/brooklyn-mask...171458639.html
Appreciate 3
EXE462100.00
jmg18700.00
      04-18-2020, 07:30 AM   #24
EXE46
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i RWD Aka New E39 M5

Good stuff Zam, from one fellow SF'er to another.
      04-18-2020, 09:01 AM   #25
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Moderators removed WuFlu from the title of this thread.
      04-18-2020, 12:22 PM   #26
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
Moderators removed WuFlu from the title of this thread.
At least they know what to prioritize <sarcasm>.
      04-18-2020, 02:20 PM   #27
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4

This is my sons's mask when we go out. We get the best reactions from people.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
jmg18700.00
Bunnny219.50
King Rudi13154.00
      04-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #28
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G82 M4C X-Drive

Garage List
2022 G82 M4C X-Drive  [9.85]
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face Pony Soldier View Post
I have a construction-style solution that I wouldn't seriously wear around in public. I bought it months ago for a renovation, but I made this picture my Microsoft Teams profile picture. Lol
I have one like this for when I am airbrushing. I also recently shaved my head for the first time.

In public I use a standard white hank.

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Previous • 2018 F80 ///M3 CS • 2016 F80 ///M3
IG: Raging_G82
Appreciate 1
nyalpine907433.00
      04-19-2020, 08:56 AM   #29
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Knew the day would come where we'd need masks in the US,
was follwing all the data out of china and other Asian countries

I am a clothing designer, i started this company, making masks seven weeks ago
https://5mmask.com/

If im allowed to toot my horn,some of the most stylish, versatile and well fitting masks on the market

5M is M5, and the fact that the letter M has 5 points to it.
We are doing well, and was featured on Yahoo after having a virtual press conference with the Brooklyn Borough president Eric Adams, who also wears our masks

https://news.yahoo.com/brooklyn-mask...171458639.html
I remember your post. You actually listed your car for sale to fund this.

I hope you and anyone on here that maybe helped you in your venture are doing well.
      04-19-2020, 09:00 AM   #30
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Whats the point of the mask if I don't cough, don't sneeze, and practice social distancing?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 09:26 AM   #31
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Business as usual here. It makes me mad when government feels special and responsible for
telling us shit we already should be doing from young age. I washed my hands, cover my mouth not only when coughing and sneezing but when yawning as well. keeping distance don't start me with this shit.
Nothing makes me more mad when I'm in store and people literally reach over my fucking head to get box of cereal and No I'm not short I'm 6.3.
      04-19-2020, 11:40 PM   #32
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
I remember your post. You actually listed your car for sale to fund this.

I hope you and anyone on here that maybe helped you in your venture are doing well.
Yep,
but my wife begged me not to sell the car and actually gave me some money to start the project.
we had spoken to 5 investors who loved the project but just was talking a load of crap. I knew I had to move quick.
the project allowed us to hire 3 new people and fund everything with the revenue coming from it.

several people interested in investing now, but im NOT interested. too late...…..

we donate a lot of them, its doing incredibly well
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00
      04-19-2020, 11:42 PM   #33
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
Whats the point of the mask if I don't cough, don't sneeze, and practice social distancing?
to protect you (and by extension those you interact with) when you are exposed to someone who does the things you listed that you dont
Appreciate 1
jmg18700.00
      04-19-2020, 11:49 PM   #34
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Wearing a mask help reduce the risk of exposure from OTHER people sneezing. The virus doesn't die at 6ft and 1 in. 6ft is just an acceptable risk when we are out in public.

Wearing a mask reduced the risk of you touching your face after touching a door handle, shopping cart etc.

Wearing a mask reduces the risk of exposing others even if you asymptomatic. You are still contagious if you are asymptomatic. The mask reduces the risk of you touching your mouth then touching a door handle, shopping cart etc.

Here's a logic bomb: if wearing a mask reduces risk and not wearing a mask increases risk, what are the downsides of wearing a mask?

2022 G82///M4 Competition X-Drive - KW-HAS, EBC Bluestuff, Millway Race Camber Plates, Cup2 Connect*, PSI High Flow Midpipe, Lightweight Front Lip, M Perf Flow Through Wing
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2020, 11:50 PM   #35
advrider6510
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, F80 M3, Ford Mustang

I could not find any good quality mask in nearby by shops, so decided to stitch by myself...
Appreciate 2
      04-20-2020, 12:09 AM   #36
haan9953
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 750 Diesel

Same here...
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:07 AM   #37
Bunnny
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4 & 2002 330ci e46

I dont wear anything as Im not really concerned, but I saw a dude wearing a garbage bag over himself in a parking lot last week. Didnt see any airholes, but it aint my business if he doesnt think he needs those.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 01:36 AM   #38
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
to protect you (and by extension those you interact with) when you are exposed to someone who does the things you listed that you dont
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Wearing a mask help reduce the risk of exposure from OTHER people sneezing. The virus doesn't die at 6ft and 1 in. 6ft is just an acceptable risk when we are out in public.

Wearing a mask reduced the risk of you touching your face after touching a door handle, shopping cart etc.

Wearing a mask reduces the risk of exposing others even if you asymptomatic. You are still contagious if you are asymptomatic. The mask reduces the risk of you touching your mouth then touching a door handle, shopping cart etc.

Here's a logic bomb: if wearing a mask reduces risk and not wearing a mask increases risk, what are the downsides of wearing a mask?
You must have FFP2 or FFP3 mask in order to protect yourself, anything else offers zero protection. WHO doesn't even recommend wearing those because of the shortage and because you really must always be in close contact with virus in order benefit from such protection.
Previously WHO didn't recommend any masks because incorrect use actually spreads virus. Basically what you described is the Incorrect use, you can't touch mask because that just spread virus everywhere on everything you touch. Every time I go to stores, I see many people who have zero clue how to properly use one. So touching face doesn't spread virus, you must be touching mouth and nose area. Touching mask thats been soaked will spread, and thats what most do because it's not comfortable, itching, etc.

I dont touch my face, period. And I wash my hands, there is no need for gloves either.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 04-20-2020 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:39 AM   #39
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep

Quote:
You must have FFP2 or FFP3 mask in order to protect yourself, anything else offers zero protection. WHO doesn't even recommend wearing those because of the shortage and because you really must always be in close contact with virus in order benefit from such protection.
Previously WHO didn't recommend any masks because incorrect use actually spreads virus. Basically what you described is the Incorrect use, you can't touch mask because that just spread virus everywhere on everything you touch. Every time I go to stores, I see many people who have zero clue how to properly use one. So touching face doesn't spread virus, you must be touching mouth and nose area. Touching mask thats been soaked will spread, and thats what most do because it's not comfortable, itching, etc.

I dont touch my face, period. And I wash my hands, there is no need for gloves either.
Rubbish, and I don't want to get too controversial because I have resigned in my mind to leave people and let the be stupid if they want to be.

In another place I TOLD people they were gonna need masks, because the science PROVES that masks help to slow the virus, even non medical masks

I told people the surgeon general was wrong, and that all the people at WHO the CDC and the Surgeon general were reckless and should be held accountable for reckless endangerment of peoples lives.

I had friends who were doctors who said how dare challenge the knowledge of the surgeon general, I began to ask them as doctors, questions they could not answer, as the parroted the statements made by the SG.

I told them over 7 weeks ago that the SG will have to come back and reverse course when this shit starts to hit the fan...……….He had to do exactly that, and all the media outlets parroting his statements had to change course.

I don't have the time now, but I suggest YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH and stop talking rubbish

Seatbelts don't stop accidents, nor do they completely stop you from being injured, yet is LAW that you wear them when driving

Lots o people don't know how to wash their hands properly, yet its encouraged and we have videos etc showing how to properly do it

the idea that people don't know how to wear masks properly is another bullshit propaganda. If they don't know, promote how to do it properly. and as a mask maker, there is nothing complicated or difficult in wearing a masks

the issue I have is that makers need to use the right kind of materials, and they need to know how to cut and construct a masks so that it fits properly, is comfortable to the user and that is does what its intended to do.

the masks we make at 5MMask, most of them are backed with POLYPROPYLENE, the same material used to make an N95. you can use even the filters used in Vacuum cleaners, as a filtration piece in a cloth masks and anything above merv 13 offers BETTER protection than an N95.

I dare you to prove that other masks offer Zero Protection, you are WRONG and I dare you to demonstrate the factuality of your argument.

Last edited by avantegardestyle; 04-20-2020 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:47 AM   #40
smyles
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 X5

Quote:
... what are the downsides of wearing a mask?
False sense of protection

Sheep mentality

Inability to research, analyze information, think critically

Another thing that crazies unite around and ostracize 'others'

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:53 AM   #41
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Does the mask help slow the virus, yes, because people cough, sneeze, and don't follow social distancing etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 07:57 AM   #42
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The improper use of the masks is still less likely to spread the virus than no mask at all. Even if people are touching their masks then transferring the virus to common objects, it is still preferable than airborne particles that are less discriminate.

In the end the best practice is to reduce exposure through social distancing and washing your hands.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
vreihen1615250.00
      04-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #43
jmg
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 CS  [9.87]
2019 i3 BEV  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by smyles View Post
Quote:
... what are the downsides of wearing a mask?
False sense of protection

Sheep mentality

Inability to research, analyze information, think critically

Another thing that crazies unite around and ostracize 'others'

Sorry, I have immediate family in the medical field including nurses and doctors. I'll trust the professionals who are at risk daily and have the most experience over what people on the internet say.

Appreciate 0
      04-20-2020, 08:00 AM   #44
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Rubbish, and I don't want to get too controversial because I have resigned in my mind to leave people and let the be stupid if they want to be.

In another place I TOLD people they were gonna need masks, because the science PROVES that masks help to slow the virus, even non medical masks

I told people the surgeon general was wrong, and that all the people at WHO the CDC and the Surgeon general were reckless and should be held accountable for reckless endangerment of peoples lives.

I had friends who were doctors who said how dare challenge the knowledge of the surgeon general, I began to ask them as doctors, questions they could not answer, as the parroted the statements made by the SG.

I told them over 7 weeks ago that the SG will have to come back and reverse course when this shit starts to hit the fan...……….He had to do exactly that, and all the media outlets parroting his statements had to change course.

I don't have the time now, but I suggest YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH and stop talking rubbish

Seatbelts don't stop accidents, nor do they completely stop you from being injured, yet is LAW that you wear them when driving

Lots o people don't know how to wash their hands properly, yet its encouraged and we have videos etc showing how to properly do it

the idea that people don't know how to wear masks properly is another bullshit propaganda. If they don't know, promote how to do it properly. and as a mask maker, there is nothing complicated or difficult in wearing a masks

the issue I have is that makers need to use the right kind of materials, and they need to know how to cut and construct a masks so that it fits properly, is comfortable to the user and that is does what its intended to do.

the masks we make at 5MMask, most of them are backed with POLYPROPYLENE, the same material used to make an N95. you can use even the filters used in Vacuum cleaners, as a filtration piece in a cloth masks and anything above merv 13 offers BETTER protection than an N95.

I dare you to prove that other masks offer Zero Protection, you are WRONG and I dare you to demonstrate the factuality of your argument.
I am pretty sure its a fact that surgical masks don't offer virus protection. I dont need to prove that, it's already been proven. That's why so many nurses get infected and refuse to work without FFP2/3 mask. Whether its 0% protection or 10%, i don't know and no one does, so it goes as they don't protect from viruses, thats it.
Appreciate 0