BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #45
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Sorry man. I've always dreaded the thoughts of a pet dying or passing away. They are family. Our dogs are little brothers to my siblings and I and nephews to my parents. A few years ago one of our dogs became very lethargic. He wouldn't eat or want to do anything. Usually he's energetic and runs to my dad when called. We were all worried and took him to the vets and all. I don't know what it was but after a few days he got better and returned to his normal self. We all love our pets dearly so I can only imagine how much it pains you. My condolences.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #46
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Hey there

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoost View Post
Sorry about your loss op. It makes me worry, my little chi is a little scavenger and eats everything and anything that fits in his mouth I've had to jam my finger in his throat and pull small objects out. I pray he never chokes on something and suffocates or turns his stomach. I cant imagine losing my chi, hes so energetic and loving.

What was the reason if you dont mind me asking? my american bully is almost 9 now. i have her on joint supports and a pretty strict diet atm since shes 6lbs over weight, shes at 96lbs atm
Today was actually gonna be our little dogs 9th birthday. She was pretty over weight as well. 8-9lbs over per the vet. PLEASE make sure that you look all over your place for any sharp objects or choking hazzards. If you live in a busy area make sure you look out for people that put crap such as rodent poisons on their lawn. We dont know the cause of her death as we didnt have an autopsy done. Iam going nuts with guilts thinking that she might have swollowed something that one of us dropped on the floor and maybe punctured her stomach. The vet said that little dogs are prone to developing obstructions in their stomach which can then lead to gangrene..
Thanks for your post and all the best to you and your chi.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)

Last edited by HeartMD; 05-10-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #47
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
I wondered the same thing, but now every time our new pup is playing with an old toy it just brings a smile to our faces.

We brought the big guy home and buried him in the back yard. He was mostly white so we got a large white quartz rock (110 pounds) and marked his spot with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionJim View Post
sorry for your lose as well man.

i had to put my 13.5 year old pure bred german shepard down just about this time last year. had her since she was 2 months old. im an only child so she was like my sister growing up.

very sad thing to have to lose a pet, as they are a part of your family.

a buddy of mine got a call from his sister last summer and his sister said that they were playing in the living room with their one dog and it just dropped dead on the floor mid activity. he was pretty crushed about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shah269 View Post
im so sorry to hear that
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaco View Post
Sorry to hear, our family had to put down our 15.5 year old Jack Russell. It is a sad moment, every time I go home I miss seeing her and its been 6 months
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallysport View Post
Sorry for your loss. My 3 dogs are my children. I hope it happened in his sleep and he didnt feel any pain. There was no way to know what was going to happen. RIP...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Sorry for your loss, hopefully she didn't suffer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
This pretty much says it all. No matter how bad a day you may have had, they're always happy to see you when you walk through the door. Sorry to hear about your untimely loss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Venom View Post
It was until recently that I realized how much I loved my dog and how I'd miss him when he passed away. He was only 7 when he got ran over and Pomeranians can live up to 16. He was so smart, especially street smart but he loved chasing loud trucks whenever he knew we were around. It happened right in front of our house too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLed79 View Post
Man that sucks. I'm sorry for your loss. I deal with death quite a bit with my profession as well, but the loss of an innocent pet can be completely devastating. Most of the time I like animals better than people. Im truly sorry. I know it is cliche, but getting another one quickly really does help. All the best to you and your family.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Sorry for your loss - pets are an amazing way to bring joy and happiness to your life, and its terrible when they are gone.

Still, as others have said, another pet will help - in my opinion, not right away, but in due time - maybe after a few months.

Dogs are great! I'm not much of a cat lover though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Sorry to hear. Dogs usually go off alone to die so don't feel that he/she was alone at the time, its just what they do. 8 yrs old does seem very young for a chihuahua but regardless of age, its always shitty. I've have many of my dogs pass in my lifetime and it often hurts more than a close friend or family member passing away simply because of the amount of time we actually spend with them and the unconditional love they give back. Its time to move on and for the family's sake, get another dog. I would also recommend that you adopt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
I am sorry to hear that; your story makes me sad. Best thing is to get another dog as soon as you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Grubba Balls View Post
or just have a relative with a dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumere90 View Post
Man, I totally feel your pain. I have a GS and he became part of my family. This is the thing with pets, you get so tied to them that you don't want to let them go.
I would go and adopt another pet, so that it will help you to forget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by My335iTT View Post
x2 its not the same

RIP I know how it is brosif, pets are FAMILY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
Sorry man. I've always dreaded the thoughts of a pet dying or passing away. They are family. Our dogs are little brothers to my siblings and I and nephews to my parents. A few years ago one of our dogs became very lethargic. He wouldn't eat or want to do anything. Usually he's energetic and runs to my dad when called. We were all worried and took him to the vets and all. I don't know what it was but after a few days he got better and returned to his normal self. We all love our pets dearly so I can only imagine how much it pains you. My condolences.
Guys thank you soooo much for your comments. I never could have imagined the amount of emotional support that all your comments have been to me. I find myself priviledged to be a part of a forum with such top notch people. I truely am thankful for everyone that has contributed to this thread and those that have shared their personal stories. The last 3 days have been pretty tough. Coming home from work and not seeing our little "lupita" waiting at the door just waiting to be petted is killing me. My 6 year old boy has particularly been having a hard time coping with this as she would sleep with him in his bed everynight since he could remember. My 3 year old girl just walks around the house calling for her "pipita" as she called her but my wife and I dont want to bring the subject up with her. I had my wife read through the thread with me and we both thank you all for the kind words and emotional support.
Iam looking for a nice picture of her to post here soon.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 10:59 PM   #48
iBoost
Retired e90post Member
Rep
Drives: real slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartMD View Post
Today was actually gonna be our little dogs 9th birthday. She was pretty over weight as well. 8-9lbs over per the vet. PLEASE make sure that you look all over your place for any sharp objects or choking hazzards. If you live in a busy area make sure you look out for people that put crap such as rodent poisons on their lawn. We dont know the cause of her death as we didnt have an autopsy done. Iam going nuts with guilts thinking that she might have swollowed something that one of us dropped on the floor and maybe punctured her stomach. The vet said that little dogs are prone to developing obstructions in their stomach which can then lead to gangrene..
Thanks for your post and all the best to you and your chi.
Dang sorry to hear man. Believe me as soon as I noticed he was a scavenger I puppy proofed the whole house so he started chewing on the wood moldings (bitter apple hepls)
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2013, 11:01 PM   #49
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
So sorry for your loss. Your little Lupita is now at the rainbow bridge, aka doggie heaven. Unfortunately, I know that feeling all to well.. About three years ago both my Jindo's passed after 12 wonderful years. They were my childhood pets and we raised them since they were pups.

I now have a Golden Retriever pup that is 1 year and 9 months, no matter how shitty of a day you have, it feels great to come home to a hyper welcoming dog. Without a doubt man's best friend.

Cheer up man, your dog may not have suffered as much as you think, and she definitely wasn't alone when she passed, her (your) family was with in her little heart.

R.I.P. Lupita, sent to the rainbow bridge on May 8, 2013. You will be missed, dearly.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #50
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

my "new dog" Cooper got Parvo 2 weeks ago.

$900 later, he's as healthy as can be.

sorry for your loss.....
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 04:52 AM   #51
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos
my "new dog" Cooper got Parvo 2 weeks ago.

$900 later, he's as healthy as can be.

sorry for your loss.....
Parvo is something that most new dog owners aren't aware of... I remember when I got my pup I didn't even take him for walks or let him down at the pet store afraid he could get exposed to parvo and other things.

I too spent about close to $500 on parvo testing a because I thought he had gotten it because he showed some symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea. Luckily it was just the sudden change of food. I'm glad that you were able to catch it early enough and your pup was able to overcome it.

It's a scary world out there for our beloved furry tail waggin' friends and this thread is a constant remainder how much my pup means to me...

Sorry for your loss again OP. my thoughts go out to you and your family.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #52
Sam335ix
Major
Rep
Drives: 335 ix performance edition

My beloved dog Glade (German Shepard and collie) died 3 years ago after 17 years of being my best friend. I know how you feel, there is nothing you can do to ease the pain but think of all the great memories you had. They are family, people who say its just a dog or a cat don't understand and never had pets to know the pain you feel. We lost our cat as well last year after 13 years, I was debating getting another dog but with my business and schedule it just wasn't going to be a good thing for the dog. We ended up getting a savannah cat f2 female (serval African wild cat mix) and she is pretty much like a dog and she will get up to about 30 pounds.... Get another pet, it will make your life better. Sorry for your loss.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #53
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Parvo is something that most new dog owners aren't aware of... I remember when I got my pup I didn't even take him for walks or let him down at the pet store afraid he could get exposed to parvo and other things.

I too spent about close to $500 on parvo testing a because I thought he had gotten it because he showed some symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea. Luckily it was just the sudden change of food. I'm glad that you were able to catch it early enough and your pup was able to overcome it.

It's a scary world out there for our beloved furry tail waggin' friends and this thread is a constant remainder how much my pup means to me...

Sorry for your loss again OP. my thoughts go out to you and your family.
i got him when he was 7 months old......

8 weeks later, he gets Parvo......

luckily, he was a big ol fatty when he got it - he was 65lbs at 7 months.

took him to the vet and he was down to 53lbs. 12 days later he's 63lbs....

he's such an awesome dog......

Appreciate 0