BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-10-2018, 03:24 PM   #89
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I have a small kid, so my denim gets washed at least once a year. But once he stops spreading every food source on them, that will likely feel too frequent.

I'm guessing bringing up unsanforized jeans would just be silly?
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 03:25 PM   #90
Kyngofpop
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 4

@OnerDriver one day you and I are gna learn how to multi-quote threads and stop using up bandwidth. Ppl are gna be so happy
King Rudi13152.00
Darth One6612.50
      10-10-2018, 03:28 PM   #91
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
I really like Buckle jeans lately. at ~$80 a pair, and free tailoring, I was able to stock up on jeans that fit me pretty perfectly a few years ago and I haven't had to buy any new ones since. Prior to that it was more Big Star.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 03:31 PM   #92
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Definitely checking this out. This is exactly why I started this thread.

You had me at selvage Japanese denim.
Yeah, it is a pretty good deal on jeans. See if there's a store near you.

There's a Uniqlo in every other mall near me... but that could be because I'm in California and it is a Japanese chain store.

You can also order it online but of course without the free in store hemming.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-str...ns-409656.html

They use Kaihara denim.
https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/news/topics/2017011802/

I had a few raw selvage denim (Sugar Cane, Nudie) before... but I always found them a pain in the ass to care for, stain everything I sit on and they'd smell from not washing them for long periods of time.

The Uniqlo jeans are not raw but it is Japanese selvage and I can get 5-6 pairs for a pair of raw denim.

Last edited by Z K; 10-10-2018 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 03:44 PM   #93
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyngofpop View Post
*OT* Hey, there's still some of us breakers that exist . I'm a pop and locker of the West Coast style but it falls under the same umbrella because us lockers and breakers are ALWAYS battling. The vid I'm posting is the closest thing I can find to my style and this guy "Crazy KYO" is a dance GENIUS! Asians currently DOMINATE the market because Americans threw this dance style away sadly.

The Breakin' festival is coming thru Charlotte once again next year for the second time EVER with crews from all around the world and who knows...maybe I'll compete this time. Heh I've currently got a few vids floating around but only because my friends plead with me to let them get a video and my mantra is "don't capture the art, let the art create and be. Once you capture it, it's entertainment." I like to dance to make ppl happy, it thrills my heart when someone says "how'd you DO that" and their eyes get wide with amazement. My usual response is "I didn't do anything! That was created millions of years ago and God just happened to send it to me at that moment..." It's divine ART!

*Back on topic* glad to see most of the men here care about their appearances and the type of jeans they wear because people DO notice!

My go to brands for everyday wear are Lucky Brand Dungarees. I'm a 32 waist size with a confortable 34 inseam and no matter which style they always offer the optimal fit and durability. Inalso discovered Levi's 514's which offer a modern fit without being "skinny jean" type of nut crunching action.

My premium brand jeans that fit the best are Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, and Nautica. They're expensive but many of them I've had for YEARS and they still look and fit like brand new. I'd rather buy right once than to have to do it several times wasting money on an inferior brand product.

The biggest mistake most ppl make in denim care is washing them. That ruins them!! I've washed my D&G's maybe once in 5 yrs! You don't throw jeans in that mean old EVIL washer, you spot clean them and move on!!! STOP WASHING YOUR JEANS fellas! But don't take my word for it...

http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped-...favorite-pair/
Glad to see there are some B-Boys still out there. A close of friend of mine that I used to go to warehouse parties with back in the day would always end up in a battle circle. Tall, skinny and one of the nicest guys you would ever meet until he got challenged. Homeboy can dance his ass off!

As for jeans and washing, I wear jeans to work M-F and work in a vinegar bottling facility. My jeans get washed weekly. With that being said, I prefer old and faded look versus the raw look. Don't get me wrong I like and can appreciate the look of raw but I'm a grey t-shirt when it comes to personality and style...lose, comfortable yet classy and tinge of danger.

I've never owned any D&G jeans. I'll have to check some out.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #94
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I really like Buckle jeans lately. at ~$80 a pair, and free tailoring, I was able to stock up on jeans that fit me pretty perfectly a few years ago and I haven't had to buy any new ones since. Prior to that it was more Big Star.
I've owned a few pair of buckle. Again, biggest disappoint in jeans is shallow pockets and every pair of buckle I've owned were the shallowest of pockets. Seemed like they didn't last very long either. Holes close to the back pockets wore pretty quickly.

I have a friend who swears by Big Star and that's all he will wear.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 04:03 PM   #95
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Aren't Flat Head and Sugarcane both sewn with cotton thread? I know it's a throwback thing, but I've got to have poly-cotton construction thread. Many Japanese brands get a little carried away with hitching themselves to 1950's Levis methods.
yes, i think so. and getting carried away is the whole point, lol. it's fun to watch these crazy Japanese craftsmen fetishize something and go to insane amounts of detail to get something just so. it's kind of the same concept/attitude that gave us Nakai and his RWB's.
Appreciate 2
Red Bread4462.00
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 04:19 PM   #96
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

JOE'S Jean's.

Gurantee you all will like them.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 05:26 PM   #97
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Am I the only commando in the group??? You don't wash your jeans?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 05:31 PM   #98
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I buy my Rock Revivals at Buckle. now that I think about it I do have a pair of their Big Star. very comfortable and fits right
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #99
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
*Back on topic* glad to see most of the men here care about their appearances and the type of jeans they wear because people DO notice!

My go to brands for everyday wear are Lucky Brand Dungarees. I'm a 32 waist size with a confortable 34 inseam and no matter which style they always offer the optimal fit and durability. Inalso discovered Levi's 514's which offer a modern fit without being "skinny jean" type of nut crunching action.

My premium brand jeans that fit the best are Dolce and Gabbana, Armani, and Nautica. They're expensive but many of them I've had for YEARS and they still look and fit like brand new. I'd rather buy right once than to have to do it several times wasting money on an inferior brand product.

The biggest mistake most ppl make in denim care is washing them. That ruins them!! I've washed my D&G's maybe once in 5 yrs! You don't throw jeans in that mean old EVIL washer, you spot clean them and move on!!! STOP WASHING YOUR JEANS fellas! But don't take my word for it...

************************************************** ************************************************** **********************

Thanks for the tube lclip...

All I can say is keep dancing and moving its a tremendous workout...stay healthy buddy!

Dolce has some neat stuff but $400-$500.00 for a pair of jeans is over the top. But high quality jeans look great especially with a crisp white shirt and a pair of Ferragamo's.

All jeans except your Saturday work levis should go to the dry cleaner regularly!
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 06:22 PM   #100
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

No jeans in the history of jeans should go to the dry cleaner. As a matter of fact, outside of wool, nothing really should go to those hell holes. Launder and steam my shirts, and I steam wool between torturous trips to the dry cleaner.

Jeans get a soak in the tub, and hung to dry.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 07:36 PM   #101
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you know how to buy D&G's you'll nvr pay that much. Get in good with the ladies that work at Neimans or Nordstrom's and their commission becomes your discount...and maybe even a date for the single guys

And a nice crisp white shirt with some distinctive jeans goes miles for getting you noticed. Had a guy dressed like this come in the other day and it set me on point instantly. I commented outfit and watch and asked the brand and he replied "Rolex" and kept it pushing. As he walked off I turned to try and catch the label on his jeans and it was indeed D&G. Btw no, I wasn't oogling his rump, just admiring how he was dressed.

He wasn't in the greatest shape but you could tell he cared about his appearance. Ppl do indeed notice these things. Heck even cheap jeans make a man look nice, it's just the way that they care for them and themselves.

Once again a subject with some substance here on the Bimmerforums. I love it.
Appearance is important. My Mom, God rest her soul, always looked nice and dressed sharply. She took great pride to have her kids look good too when it was appropriate. We always had to dress to go to church on Sundays and special occasions - shoes polished, clean shirts and slacks and heaven forbid if we forgot to comb our hair and clean our finger nails. That stuff stays with you for life.

To me dress jeans a starched shirt and nice shoes and a sport coat is the daily attire of choice, then a suit when necessary.
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 07:42 PM   #102
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
No jeans in the history of jeans should go to the dry cleaner. As a matter of fact, outside of wool, nothing really should go to those hell holes. Launder and steam my shirts, and I steam wool between torturous trips to the dry cleaner.

Jeans get a soak in the tub, and hung to dry.
I just checked the label on my dress jeans..."dry clean only". I've taken several pairs of dress jeans to the DC...so far no problem. My every day Levi's go straight in the washing machine.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 07:44 PM   #103
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
YESS!!! Your Moms lessons are what the mothers of today should be teaching their kids.

Heck when my buddies go shopping with me (and they HATE it) they always ask where I'm gonna wear all these clothes since I don't go out and don't date all that much. My most infamous response is "...I'm dressing up to go to the mailbox. It's the most important 50ft of my life. Ya never know WHO you're gna meet on the way to collect your bills boo boo."
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 07:56 PM   #104
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Am I the only commando in the group??? You don't wash your jeans?
For your consideration, sir.
Attached Images

Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 5
________4157.00
Kyngofpop676.00
RickFLM410882.00
King Rudi13152.00
      10-10-2018, 08:09 PM   #105
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

I do wash my jeans as I like them clean. No wiping removes sweat soaked in.
Appreciate 1
      10-10-2018, 08:20 PM   #106
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Quote:
Btw no, I wasn't oogling his rump
liar
Appreciate 2
Kyngofpop676.00
________4157.00
      10-10-2018, 08:33 PM   #107
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
@OP since you're on the slim side may I suggest this type of fit from the John Varvatos collection. The pockets don't have all that loudness going on and the cut is distinctive enough to get ya noticed but not call attention to you. They're button fly with a tapered seam that still gives you room to move and breathe without being nut crunchers, but enough space to still give some definition to your shape and muscle definition (especially if you're on the thin side).

They retail for about $250-300 but if you buy this spring since they'll be the fall 2018 collection you're GUARANTEED to get a FANTASTIC deal!!

These with a nice cheap black Gap vest will get you noticed.

If you don't wanna go that expensive, Macy's will have this same cut on discount in January in their INC brand which are just as fashionable and durable and retail for about $60 and much lower priced if you sign up for their mailing list. I've gotten them for as low as $15 but that's with using all of my coupons and whatnot. Be ye SAVVY shoppers!
Man, as much as I appreciate that, I'm anything but on the thin side. I'm 5' 10" and 180 pounds. I need to loose about 30 pounds to not be considered obese by national standards.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2018, 08:46 PM   #108
________
________
Rep
Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
Quote:
Btw no, I wasn't oogling his rump
liar
I was going to ask if his lump was oozing
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00
      10-10-2018, 11:22 PM   #109
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Here ya go. 20% off on LL Bean jeans. Just picked a pair for $28. Buy two and get free shipping.

https://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/st...goff=Y&fl=true

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 3
Kyngofpop676.00
King Rudi13152.00
upstatedoc7555.50
      10-10-2018, 11:58 PM   #110
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
I almost exclusively buy Diesel "Belther" style/cut jeans. Nobody does worn and fatigued better than Diesel, plus they just fit me perfectly. Knowing a 34x32 fits with this style makes online shopping a breeze. Most finishes/washes retail around $230, but you can usually find them on sale for as low as $160 or so.

I have the following washes: 848Z, 666Q, 675B, 854S, 850U, 084BV, 0684P, 0687J
Attached Images