BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #89
Vic311
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
J.P. Morgan said it best... "If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it."
Interesting, I thought I said that..Post #41
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #90
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

This thread is a giant tool bag.
      09-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #91
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Seriously, what's worse than a classless douche asking how much your car costs? The classless douche who says, "if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it".

It takes a special kind of person to put someone down because they can't afford the same shit you can. I just don't understand the motivation to use a situation where you could be humble and kind, to rather be a complete jackass. And THEN, complain about the person you were a jackass to.

If you want people to stop being classless, maybe you stop acting classless.
      09-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #92
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Interesting, I thought I said that..Post #41
I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true ;-) .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Tonka View Post
Seriously, what's worse than a classless douche asking how much your car costs? The classless douche who says, "if you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it".

It takes a special kind of person to put someone down because they can't afford the same shit you can. I just don't understand the motivation to use a situation where you could be humble and kind, to rather be a complete jackass. And THEN, complain about the person you were a jackass to.

If you want people to stop being classless, maybe you stop acting classless.
I was saying it somewhat light-heartedly and don't think of it as a motto or whatever; I have came up from a crappy background and neither consider myself better than anybody, nor do I forget where I come from, and as someone who does professional sales, class IS everything. I only said the quote in a derisive manner once or twice, but like I said, it depends on who's asking / how it's asked.

Of course, if people are asking in a good way, I'd be stupid or crazy to answer them negatively and have no problem stating the facts. However, if a random person is asking in a smug / doubting tone like they're the "classless douche" and obviously don't care what the real answer is, given the right circumstances I have earned my right to punk them or even the right to say "f**k off", yes or yes?
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 01:56 PM   #93
youngnastyman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F83 M4

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 03:20 PM   #94
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

People get products for different prices from different vendors for so many different reasons.

For example, you could be the owner of a rim/tire company, thus someone else will never get rims for the price you did. The question seems irrelevant most of the time.

The question is not that big of a deal to me
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 04:57 PM   #95
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

I understand people not wanting to let that sort of information out, it's never bothered me but that's your prerogative. As discussed here it can be situational too, like if the person is just trying to judge you or undermine your decision. If you are asked and don't want to tell someone though, just tell them that you'd rather not say or change the subject. As men we should be direct. Saying "if you have to ask you can't afford it" or "a lot" or "what is your girlfriend's cup size, then" or some iteration of that makes you the bigger asshole. You don't have to disclose your private information but if you don't want to then don't be chicken-shit about it, just tell them.

I consider most of those questions to be public knowledge anyway. Anyone with a computer can look up your home's price, the average salary for your job or the MSRP for your vehicles. Anyone halfway decent at arithmetic can make a pretty good guess of your car payments. For most things that you buy you will be buying from a store with fixed prices equal for all customers. Who cares if they ask you that number?
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #96
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINeely View Post
I understand people not wanting to let that sort of information out, it's never bothered me but that's your prerogative. As discussed here it can be situational too, like if the person is just trying to judge you or undermine your decision. If you are asked and don't want to tell someone though, just tell them that you'd rather not say or change the subject. As men we should be direct. Saying "if you have to ask you can't afford it" or "a lot" or "what is your girlfriend's cup size, then" or some iteration of that makes you the bigger asshole. You don't have to disclose your private information but if you don't want to then don't be chicken-shit about it, just tell them.

I consider most of those questions to be public knowledge anyway. Anyone with a computer can look up your home's price, the average salary for your job or the MSRP for your vehicles. Anyone halfway decent at arithmetic can make a pretty good guess of your car payments. For most things that you buy you will be buying from a store with fixed prices equal for all customers. Who cares if they ask you that number?
I care because 90% of the time its some asshat who wants to say some negative about it. Fuck them. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #97
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by kits135i View Post
I care because 90% of the time its some asshat who wants to say some negative about it. Fuck them. Ain't nobody got time for that!
Then you must be hanging around the wrong people.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 09:30 AM   #98
kits135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Coming Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Then you must be hanging around the wrong people.
How the hell has this anything to do with hanging around the wrong type of people? I would not have friends who pulled that shit, its about all the random idiots! I will not be around negative people like that to drag my life down. I pull into a gas station, restaurant and some turd decides he wants to bash my car, cloths, watch etc. It has nothing to do with hanging around the wrong people. Pretty much every single person who replied to this thread has had to deal with these type of morons. I have just had the unfortunate of running into these type of people every damn week! Does not matter where I am at. The Zoo, a restaurant, gas station, clothing store etc. No I don't shop at Walmart and hear this, I can get this even at Nordstrom and Neiman Marcus. I am a president club member at my Zoo and can get this from the other people (this one could be wrong type of people. But they can all afford it as well and still bash my decisions. But I am not going to stop helping animals because of turds). I can eat at Ruth's Chris etc. You get the point. Does not matter where I am at. This is why I have become sour from everyone asking me who much shit is. I do my best to change the subject immediately but if someone pushes it.....
Appreciate 0