BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

05-16-2019, 11:28 PM   #1
AndreiATL
Registered
Rep
Drives: E60 535i

What struts?

So I have a 2010 535i with the full m package and I'm just wondering what shocks I have. The front passengers side is blown and I'm looking to get it replaced but with all of the different types I have no clue with ones I have. I have the sport transmission with the sport button but idk what the shocks are. Anyone got any ideas?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 06:39 AM   #2
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

You didn't indicate your mileage but assuming you still have the originals on there, chances are they are the Sachs, which are OEM. That said, it really doesn't matter because if they need to be replaced, you should do so in pairs, not just one. You now have some options based upon your ride preferences. Do a forum search and read about other's opinions on the various brands and models.
      06-03-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
slenser
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

I have the same car. Thankfully, the sport button stiffens the sway bars and not the shocks, so nothing too special about them. there are quite a few different brands out there to choose from too.

If you go Bilstein, I think we take the Heavy Duty. There's a Touring and Sport option as well, the touring will soften up the ride more than you're used to. I think the Sport option is even harder riding than stock. I was looking for mine, but it's been a few years. So far, no need to replace them.

FCP Euro has a lifetime warranty on all of their parts. Including wearable items! That's where I usually get most of my parts if I have time to wait for shipping.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/BMW-parts/53...5&b=5&d=788&v=
Appreciate 0