BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

11-21-2018, 08:06 AM   #1
Sakoo
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 528i

08 528i w/40k miles....just saw my Indy and have a few Q’s

2008 528i w/sport/prom/nav & 40k miles

Took it to my local Indy, says the front needs front and rearward control arms, and the back needs upper rearward/U control arms. I think I’m going to have him fix this ASAP. Any advice here?

Also saw that the A/C condenser is crunched a bit on the bottom but no visible leaks. Should I worry about this.

The oil pan gasket is leaking. I’m going to have the gasket replaced.

There’s no splash guard under the front. Think this is another fix it fast item.

Lastly the passenger side headlight is unrepairable and the driver’s side has an igniter issue. They are Adaptive HID. I’m thinking I can let the adaptive go and downgrade to a less expensive option. Any lights you’ve had luck with?

He said the engine and tranny aren’t throwing any codes and everything else looks good. This is my first bimmer and I’m learning a lot along the way.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
BMW169
Rep
Drives: 2008 550i and X7 on order

Hopefully you got a good deal on it, that sounds like at least a couple grand of work that it needs. Have your mechanic read codes from all modules, there are quite a few.

I am new to E60 and this forum too.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2018, 11:18 AM   #3
AM330i
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 535xi 11 328xi

Garage List
2023 BMW M440  [0.00]
I wouldn't worry too much about the condenser as long as the ac is working and there are no leaks. the oil pan is a common leak point on these engines, as well as the valve cover and oil filter housing. the headlights, Amazon has Hella halogen assembly for just under $300 each. this will also require coding out the adaptive feature so you don't have fault codes. you may also need to do some rewiring to make the halogen assembly work. Hella is a good brand and I believe the oem assembly is made by hella.