BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-04-2020, 06:19 AM   #133
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Kissing monkeys...
vreihen1614904.50
      03-04-2020, 07:11 AM   #134
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Is it common that the people that do the least always complain the most?

I've noticed this trend... I am like, you guys should probably just keep it cool and quiet to keep your jobs.

I mean I complain a little but I am the guy doing like 90% of the work lol.
Appreciate 2
xander_g967.00
vreihen1614904.50
      03-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #135
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post

My wife's job has a new social butterfly..

find out what the company's Coronavirus quarantine emergency pay plans are because she went to Asia in January and has a Farcebook picture online kissing monkeys?
Sorry,off-topic but:

Where exactly in Orange County are you located? J/K lol

I'm close to KJ and I'm sure it'll be up here soon if it isn't already,just like the Measles last year....

Ok,back on topic gents!
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614904.50
      03-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #136
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Is it common that the people that do the least always complain the most?

I've noticed this trend... I am like, you guys should probably just keep it cool and quiet to keep your jobs lol.
Yep. When I worked in a state agency it was even worse, because everyone including HR knew these people were terrible, but we were somehow supposed to adjust our environment to work around them in order not to offend them.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
ASAP10054.00
      03-04-2020, 08:35 AM   #137
e90335e36m3
M3
Rep
Drives: M3s

I used to work in the oil and gas industry for a Fortune 500 company. 95% of why I left was management but there was also little opportunity to move up or lateral. I didn't care for the industry either. The job was intellectually stimulating though.

Switched to the aerospace industry four years ago and have loved every minute of it. My management has been great, I've been moved up 3 times, lateraled once. Have had the opportunity to travel all over the world, then live abroad, salary increased 2x from when I left the oil and gas industry. Plus, something about getting on an airplane and seeing the direct impact of my employer to that airplane is very exciting. I don't have a chance to travel as much in my current role, but plenty of opportunities available if I want to make a change.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #138
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90335e36m3 View Post
I used to work in the oil and gas industry for a Fortune 500 company. 95% of why I left was management but there was also little opportunity to move up or lateral. I didn't care for the industry either. The job was intellectually stimulating though.

Switched to the aerospace industry four years ago and have loved every minute of it. My management has been great, I've been moved up 3 times, lateraled once. Have had the opportunity to travel all over the world, then live abroad, salary increased 2x from when I left the oil and gas industry. Plus, something about getting on an airplane and seeing the direct impact of my employer to that airplane is very exciting. I don't have a chance to travel as much in my current role, but plenty of opportunities available if I want to make a change.
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 10:20 AM   #139
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Worked with a guy like that before. He was a member in our group. Big talk but can’t back it up and was terrible at his job. He ended up getting fired a year or so after I left (might have been 6 months). Things will catch up sooner or later.
only way things will catch up is when my boss eventually retires or moves on. then they will have nobody to protect them. they will be exposed as the fraud that they are.

I've slowly turned over a new leaf and have been trying to let things roll off. its not worth me stressing out over and feeling unhealthy as a result.

it is crazy how everyone around the office thinks this person is so wonderful... only cause this person is super friendly. from a work perspective.. people ask me all the time "whats that persons deal? they never seem to have the right answer for anything" i jsut tell them to talk to my boss if there is an issue...

going on 6 years now... and still asking the same questions... every....damn.... day...
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614904.50
      03-04-2020, 10:22 AM   #140
DC X3M40i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 M40i

Quote:
^^^^^ THIS!!!

My wife's job has a new social butterfly employee that came in on day one last year bragging about how she never did her own work in school, and was fired from a state job for not logging onto her computer all day.

No surprise, she flutters around the office 6 hours a day distracting everyone else, demands special attention as a vegan, is a protected class as a lesbian, and is BFF with the supervisor who sees none of this (or that she wears sweatpants to work in a professional office every day) and only wants to put her in for promotions despite not even logging onto her computer once on most days. Oh, did I mention that she blew through her entire 2020 vacation/sick benefits time allocation by the first week of February, and is now begging the supervisor to find out what the company's Cornavirus quarantine emergency pay plans are because she went to Asia in January and has a Farcebook picture online kissing monkeys?

When she does turn on her computer, she screws up every file she touches. Since her BFF supervisor thinks that she can do no wrong, every other person in the office gets blamed because the software they use only has file-level and not record-level auditing and they were the last to touch the screwed-up files. Their company is about to lose the contract, and my DW along with the others will all be unemployed any day now because of this one unemployable slacker.....
sometimes i feel like im stuck in the ferris bueller movie as his sister... literally the whole school(in this case office) knows whats going on with this person even before i do. "i hear xxx is sick today... i hope they are okay.... have you gotten in touch yet?" what?
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614904.50
      03-04-2020, 10:33 AM   #141
xander_g
Major
Rep
Drives: G30 M550i

Garage List
I wouldn't say that I am unhappy, I like what I do and the pay/bonuses/perks are great. However, I can now see the my earning/growth ceiling and it appears that next year there will be no more room to grow and earn more.

Currently, spending almost all of my free time working on a side project that has potential to evolve and I would become my own boss - which is the ultimate goal.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #142
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post
I wouldn't say that I am unhappy, I like what I do and the pay/bonuses/perks are great. However, I can now see the my earning/growth ceiling and it appears that next year there will be no more room to grow and earn more.

Currently, spending almost all of my free time working on a side project that has potential to evolve and I would become my own boss - which is the ultimate goal.
Good luck.
Appreciate 1
xander_g967.00
      03-04-2020, 01:28 PM   #143
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander_g View Post

I’m with you on pretty much everything you said. Hehe
Appreciate 1
xander_g967.00
      03-04-2020, 02:22 PM   #144
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I was discontent with my last job. There were no repercussion for the actions of those around me. Worked there for almost 3 yrs. One guy, I didn't see him do any work since I started. He was banned from certain facilities. He would go on travel and not come home for numerous days after the task had been complete. Whenever he was reprimanded he would just pull the race card. Other guy sat directly across from me. Constantly sleeping on the job. Meanwhile I was busting my ass and getting paid less then them with schedule based raises rather then merit. Made a solid salary, more vacation then I knew what to do with, and my boss was great. But being around people like that knowing that I could literally do nothing and continue to get raises was disheartening.

Now with the new job I work probably 30% more. Roughly 50-60hrs a week vs 40hrs at the last job. But I am overall much more content here. Way more stressful, but I seem to thrive off stress. I tell our president to constantly keep throwing work at me or else I'll get bored since I motor through tasks. When I asked about vacation he just said "take as much as you want, but not too much" still trying to figure that one out haha. But I'm now upper management and learning an entire different side of the business. Although since we are a small business so we wear a lot of different hats which is fun for me. Get to wear my project manager, program manager, mechanical engineer, welding engineer, and electrical engineer hat each and every day, having a blast thus far!
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8206.00
Ickdeep5706.00
      03-04-2020, 02:30 PM   #145
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
I was discontent with my last job. There were no repercussion for the actions of those around me. Worked there for almost 3 yrs. One guy, I didn't see him do any work since I started. He was banned from certain facilities. He would go on travel and not come home for numerous days after the task had been complete. Whenever he was reprimanded he would just pull the race card. Other guy sat directly across from me. Constantly sleeping on the job. Meanwhile I was busting my ass and getting paid less then them with schedule based raises rather then merit. Made a solid salary, more vacation then I knew what to do with, and my boss was great. But being around people like that knowing that I could literally do nothing and continue to get raises was disheartening.

Now with the new job I work probably 30% more. Roughly 50-60hrs a week vs 40hrs at the last job. But I am overall much more content here. Way more stressful, but I seem to thrive off stress. I tell our president to constantly keep throwing work at me or else I'll get bored since I motor through tasks. When I asked about vacation he just said "take as much as you want, but not too much" still trying to figure that one out haha. But I'm now upper management and learning an entire different side of the business. Although since we are a small business so we wear a lot of different hats which is fun for me. Get to wear my project manager, program manager, mechanical engineer, welding engineer, and electrical engineer hat each and every day, having a blast thus far!
Your new job sounds like my current job. I'm the same way, I need to have multiple projects going on and my day pretty much scheduled.

My wife says I don't know how to relax. But I have to be doing something....or I feel like somethings off.
      03-04-2020, 02:31 PM   #146
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Your new job sounds like my current job. I'm the same way, I need to have multiple projects going on and my day pretty much scheduled.

My wife says I don't know how to relax. But I have to be doing something....or I feel like somethings off.
What the hell do you do to relax then?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 02:34 PM   #147
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriouslyFast View Post
What the hell do you do to relax then?
Gym!!!!!

And weekend drives in the mountain twisties. Literally in my backyard.
      03-04-2020, 02:36 PM   #148
FuriouslyFast
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Garage List
Quote:
Gym!!!!!

And weekend drives in the mountain twisties. Literally in my backyard.
I wish I wanted to workout. I despise it.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2020, 03:01 PM   #149
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:

Fiance says the same about me haha. She doesn't understand how I work so much and don't get tired of it. It's a passion, and I have high expectations for my future. I think my dad engraved in me a strong work ethic, and at the last job sometimes I felt like I wasn't working enough (some might think I'm crazy).

Relaxing is tough some times. I'm still trying to convince her to let me bring my work stuff on our honeymoon as I don't want to lose track of what's going on haha.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-04-2020, 05:44 PM   #150
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgixxer View Post
Where exactly in Orange County are you located? J/K lol

I'm close to KJ and I'm sure it'll be up here soon if it isn't already, just like the Measles last year....
Their office is not in Orange County, so no worries there.

FWIW, I'm in the land of OCC (and maybe Amazon one of these days). The government is flying all of the overseas college kids from Italy and surrounding countries back to Stewart before sending them on to quarantine, so we may see Coronavirus quicker here than y'all down there in the land of Palm Tree.....
      03-04-2020, 08:04 PM   #151
EL Jeffe 5
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: CBR1000RR

Going on 18 years on my job
I'm getting to the point I'm starting to dislike my job
      03-05-2020, 05:10 AM   #152
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Quote:
Their office is not in Orange County, so no worries there.

FWIW, I'm in the land of OCC (and maybe Amazon one of these days). The government is flying all of the overseas college kids from Italy and surrounding countries back to Stewart before sending them on to quarantine, so we may see Coronavirus quicker here than y'all down there in the land of Palm Tree.....
Great,my kid is flying out of Stewart next week for the senior class trip to Disney and I get to drop her off

And Palm Tree? Don't even go there
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2020, 07:17 AM   #153
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:

I've been told the same thing. I'm very type A, and even when I'm busy I'm thinking about other things I want to be doing. It's kind of a problem and likely one of the triggers for my migraines. Like whenever I'm on this forum for example (except when I'm using the mobile app) I'm usually on my work laptop running 2 or 3 other things at the same time.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      03-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #154
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Can't even get a cubicle around here!

Thats awesome. What do you do?