BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

08-07-2022, 05:32 PM   #1
Al3dHell
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d e90 163 hp

Glow plugs broke

Hello guys! The car is a E90 M47 '06 automatic.

Three years ago i went with the car on a ride and i've stopped somewhere for 30minutes.
When i came back i wanted to go back home. I've put the car on R and drive back 3 meteers and the car died.
It was my first time experiencing this. When i arrived home i've used ISTA to check the errors.
The car got 5 errors : glow plug module & glow plug 1-4
I've replaced them with new ones from BERU ( the glow plug module and glow plugs ).
The car was fine without errors for an year. The the errors came back. I drove 15k kilometers in that year.
I've watched videos to repair the 2 relays and i did it. I've checked them with a multimeteer and they were good.
The 2 repaired lasted me only 1 month. I saw that a lot of people didnt had problems with them repaired.
I didn't want any more troubles and i got a new one again. But unfortunately it lasted only a few weeks.
And since then i drove the car with it broke. I had no issues with the car.
But lately, the car died again.. And a lot of times almost dies when i start it and i rotate the wheel.
The car has only that 5 errors. I don't know if the glow plugs is affecting my car with something.
What am I supposed to do now? Replace it again and it would last me again 1 month?? I'm not willing to pay 160euros monthly only on the glow plug module.

Any help will be welcomed!
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 12:01 AM   #2
Theodore
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Check out this thread here.
E9X M3 "Factory" Tools Can Be Found Here
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2022, 05:05 PM   #3
zener
BMW enthusiast since 2004
Rep
Drives: E65 730d, F10 520d, E34 520i

Check if the power cable for the glow plug module has melted and replace it. Had this issue with my E65...
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2022, 03:39 PM   #4
Jetta85
Rep
Drives: F10 530d

I’ve had something similiar but not monthly, my BMW 530d needs nearly every year a new glow plug module. But still when it is broken the car drives normal
Also in the winter time. Only more vibrations are recognised. Also in ISTA is written that the glow plugs are still get power although the module is broken, like ermergency function. Died you also checked the cables of the injectors ?
Appreciate 0