BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-09-2024, 11:33 AM   #1
SwedishE60Brick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 530D

Unhappy E60 530d won't crank A0C1 A0C2

I had issues starting my 2009 BMW E60 530d, was thinking it was the glow plug relay because I had fault codes for every single glow plug plus the relay. The car would crank but didn't turn over, probably because of the low temperature where I live. Well today was a bit warmer and I decided to try starting it again and after some struggle (first try though) it did. I drove the car around my town for like 20 minutes before I decided to stop the car and do another reading and clearing of codes to see which would come back, but after clearing the codes the car wouldn't crank at all. I had a couple of new DTC's: A0C1 and A0C2, which seems to have something to do with the CAS. What should be my approach going forward? The car is still sitting where I left it a few hours ago and I can't even tow it because of automatic gearbox keeping me out of neutral. It isn't giving any low battery warnings but me and a friend decided to try jumpstarting it, to no avail.

Last edited by SwedishE60Brick; 01-09-2024 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Forgot to put year
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2024, 09:55 AM   #2
barf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330D

Either problems with CAS itself (requires replacing of CAS) or problems with starter or the wiring going to starter.
I can clone the CAS in estonia if you send me the modules. Might come to sweden next week aswell.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2024, 02:11 PM   #3
SwedishE60Brick
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 530D

Quote:
Originally Posted by barf View Post
Either problems with CAS itself (requires replacing of CAS) or problems with starter or the wiring going to starter.
I can clone the CAS in estonia if you send me the modules. Might come to sweden next week aswell.
Hey sorry for the late reply! Turns out it was the cable grounding the engine to the frame that was corroded. After installing the new one the car starts without issues. Thanks for the offer though!
Appreciate 0