BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

05-29-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
SDW335
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW Drei-Reihen

Daytime Running Lights on '06 530i

Hello to all! I just bought by wife a CPO 2006 530i sp/pp - NO Nav, but with idrive - to compliment my '07 335i coupe, and the dealer did not give me the complete set of manuals.

My question is: How do I program the daytime running lights? Is this something I need to have the dealer do? Also, when activated, are the halo's on ( like on my car ), or do they work through the lenses? If one of you kind BMW guru's would provide me some info, I'd greatly appreciate it
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2008, 01:00 AM   #2
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW335 View Post
Hello to all! I just bought by wife a CPO 2006 530i sp/pp - NO Nav, but with idrive - to compliment my '07 335i coupe, and the dealer did not give me the complete set of manuals.

My question is: How do I program the daytime running lights? Is this something I need to have the dealer do? Also, when activated, are the halo's on ( like on my car ), or do they work through the lenses? If one of you kind BMW guru's would provide me some info, I'd greatly appreciate it
06 didn't have the "Angel-Eye" DRL's.

I believe you have to go to your dealer to get them programmed. My sis has a '07 530xi
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2008, 12:15 PM   #3
RyanLouisville
CA
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i Sport

Dude, I'm a Client Advisor and part of the CPO program is getting a full set of manual's and both keys. He should have delivered the car and set that up for you too. If you push directly down on your i-drive controller it should bring up a menu.
      07-23-2008, 07:13 PM   #4
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDW335 View Post

I used to own a MY06 530. You have to have the DRL programmed at the dealership. As mentioned in one of the previous posts, you won't get the "angel eyes" DRL. Good luck and go back and demand your owner's manuals, etc.
Appreciate 0