BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

02-05-2023, 08:32 PM   #45
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas1836 View Post
Originally Posted by TR930
You cannot mine enough materials to make all cars electric. Not to mention the extreme environmental damage attempting to do so would cause.

Well, from the WEF, who wants us all to drive EVs and eat mealworms and crickets, Their research:
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2022/...ium-resources/
Perhaps you should read the article you linked? It does not actually say this. Difficult is not impossible. It's also a projection based on no technological improvement.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 09:16 PM   #46
Tejas1836
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5MC Workmaster 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Perhaps you should read the article you linked? It does not actually say this. Difficult is not impossible. It's also a projection based on no technological improvement.
Okay then, there you have it, settled.
      02-05-2023, 09:54 PM   #47
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
Do a little research and use your brain. How much time and energy will it take to make every car electric? Where will this energy come from to mine these materials? How much pollution will it cause? What kind of labor will be used?

It's not going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2023, 09:56 PM   #48
TR930
Car Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 TB/AB

Quote:
This is a statement without any evidence to support it. It's also false. However, I really don't care to get involved past this post. Just letting you know that it's actually not true. I'm sure you and the General Automotive cognoscenti will dig up links (see what I did ) from questionable or biased sources to support this assertion, though. I'm not necessarily pro-EV and I'm not saying it won't cause some environmental damage. I'm just saying that you're wrong.
And now I'm saying you are wrong. What now?

https://jalopnik.com/making-batterie...-30-1849532003

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe...h=6ae24fbf3e41

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...r_project.html

Not everyone on earth is interested in progressive wet dreams.

Energy producing nations are not going to provide the energy to get all these materials at low prices. What then?

The ONLY way I see that globally all cars are electric is that there is a small, fixed # of them reserved for..... ?

Last edited by TR930; 02-06-2023 at 10:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 11:52 PM   #49
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR930 View Post
And now I'm saying you are wrong. What now?

https://jalopnik.com/making-batterie...-30-1849532003

https://www.forbes.com/sites/johnkoe...h=6ae24fbf3e41

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...r_project.html

Not everyone on earth is interested in progressive wet dreams.

Energy producing nations are not going to provide the energy to get all these materials at low prices. What then?

The ONLY way I see that globally all cars are electric is that there is a small, fixed # of them reserved for..... ?
Sure let's go ahead and accelerate global warming, rising sea levels, extreme weather, dry out all the oil in the world, and THEN let our kids or grandkids worry about it because nothing matters more to billionaire shareholders who have more money to last thousands of lifetimes spending $100,000 A DAY, but hey, nothing matters than MORE short term profit to add to the BILLIONS you can't possibly use in thousands of lifetimes, not to mention the rich HOARD their wealth, pay the LEAST in taxes percentage wise, and it's STILL not enough. They won't stop until they wreck the whole planet and wreck even their own descendants lives. Human stupidity is a given. It doesn't surprise me anymore. To be honest my expectation of humans is so low they'd have to work REALLY HARD indeed to disappoint me.
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1075.50
      02-07-2023, 04:08 AM   #50
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Sure let's go ahead and accelerate global warming, rising sea levels, extreme weather, dry out all the oil in the world, and THEN let our kids or grandkids worry about it because nothing matters more to billionaire shareholders who have more money to last thousands of lifetimes spending $100,000 A DAY, but hey, nothing matters than MORE short term profit to add to the BILLIONS you can't possibly use in thousands of lifetimes, not to mention the rich HOARD their wealth, pay the LEAST in taxes percentage wise, and it's STILL not enough. They won't stop until they wreck the whole planet and wreck even their own descendants lives. Human stupidity is a given. It doesn't surprise me anymore. To be honest my expectation of humans is so low they'd have to work REALLY HARD indeed to disappoint me.
You were taught that. You were taught all the rest of that stuff also but especially what I highlighted. Either by a parent or more than likely just ONE high school teacher or college professor put all that in you.

It’s amazing to me how hatred is passed down from one person to another in first world cultures. Someone has taught you to hate all of humanity with the exception of course of himself, herself or theyself who taught you all of this hate. I probably should be angry about this and I more than likely would be if I was your dad but since I’m not, I’m just sad.

As a father of two, I realized early on just how impressionable young people are. I’m not just talking about prepubescent children. I’m talking about all the way up to early 20s we are still molding young peoples minds. I didn’t take this lightly. I installed love, kindness, and selflessness into my children. Over and over and over. It may or may not be too late for you, but if you are to reverse your circumstances, it will start with getting rid of the hate you feel and turning that into love.

You also might want to reconsider that billionaires probably care just as much about their children and grandchildren‘s future as anyone else. You also might want to compare that to what most environmental extremists expose their children to and compare. Just a thought. Good luck.
Appreciate 1
      02-07-2023, 12:32 PM   #51
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
You were taught that. You were taught all the rest of that stuff also but especially what I highlighted. Either by a parent or more than likely just ONE high school teacher or college professor put all that in you.

It’s amazing to me how hatred is passed down from one person to another in first world cultures. Someone has taught you to hate all of humanity with the exception of course of himself, herself or theyself who taught you all of this hate. I probably should be angry about this and I more than likely would be if I was your dad but since I’m not, I’m just sad.

As a father of two, I realized early on just how impressionable young people are. I’m not just talking about prepubescent children. I’m talking about all the way up to early 20s we are still molding young peoples minds. I didn’t take this lightly. I installed love, kindness, and selflessness into my children. Over and over and over. It may or may not be too late for you, but if you are to reverse your circumstances, it will start with getting rid of the hate you feel and turning that into love.

You also might want to reconsider that billionaires probably care just as much about their children and grandchildren‘s future as anyone else. You also might want to compare that to what most environmental extremists expose their children to and compare. Just a thought. Good luck.
I don't hate. I just am not surprised by the already wealthy oil companies for example that are too greedy to slow down. They're already filthy rich. If I had $10 billion dollars in my bank account, I'd be on the news talking about going green and actually doing it because not only would it look good on my company but it wouldn't affect my wealth one bit.

I don't hate the average person. They're not the ones pumping out tons of emissions per day. It's only a few greedy peolle that are.

I love ICE cars and don't want them banned. But they should be something you have to get a license for and should be for track use only or certain canyon back roads. Why should average people also pollute driving some chitty four banger that they cause traffic in daily or crash every day? Most people can't even drive so they don't need ICE cars
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 12:56 PM   #52
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I don't hate. I just am not surprised by the already wealthy oil companies for example that are too greedy to slow down. They're already filthy rich. If I had $10 billion dollars in my bank account, I'd be on the news talking about going green and actually doing it because not only would it look good on my company but it wouldn't affect my wealth one bit.

I don't hate the average person. They're not the ones pumping out tons of emissions per day. It's only a few greedy peolle that are.

I love ICE cars and don't want them banned. But they should be something you have to get a license for and should be for track use only or certain canyon back roads. Why should average people also pollute driving some chitty four banger that they cause traffic in daily or crash every day? Most people can't even drive so they don't need ICE cars
I remember reading history, books about men that spoke the way you do. Let me name a few. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Castro, Mao Zedong. Scary. I guess I can only be grateful that at least for today, you don’t hold power.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 04:35 PM   #53
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
This is so stupid. Everyone pumps out tons of emissions everyday, that's the part you don't understand. Humans have always pumped out emissions. The two main GH gasses are (1) methane and (2) carbon dioxide. Guess what two gasses the 8B humans exhaust every day? Then as we aspire to improve our quality of life and create more leisure time for ourselves we create economies that exhaust greenhouse gasses. That started with discovering fire some 1M years ago and using it in every aspect of life, from "cavemen" to modern humans.

So why the eff you think you are different from the rest of us humans and preach such shit to us is just completely hilarious.

The goal of the "unfettered capitalist" society you so loath is to have more people have a higher quality of life and more leisure time. There's nothing wrong about that.
I don’t know brother, perhaps this gentleman lives off the grid and Powers his house with nothing more than solar panels? Perhaps he charges his phone with solar panels? He also then would only drive an electric vehicle that he charges at home with solar panels. Because if he doesn’t meet all this criteria, I just stated that would make him either a hypocrite or an aspiring dictator. You know because dictators are above all that crap anyway and better than the rest of us so they get all the fun stuff regardless of what us peasants get.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 06:44 PM   #54
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post

The goal of the "unfettered capitalist" society you so loath is to have more people have a higher quality of life and more leisure time. There's nothing wrong about that.
Yet a tiny percentage of them have all the $ and are not sharing.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2023, 07:03 PM   #55
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Yet a tiny percentage of them have all the $ and are not sharing.
There is not a finite amount of money. You know that right? If you want more money, then go generate it. This ain’t North Korea, no one‘s going to stop you.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 04:28 AM   #56
Oldgixxer
Captain
Rep
Drives: nothing fast

Only reason I popped back in here was someone threw me some rep yesterday. Wow is all I have to say. Just wow. Carry on.
-'22 X3MC,'20 M550i,'18 X2,F30 328xi,'07 E63 AMG (1st W211 63 in the 11s),997 C4S Cab,CLS55 AMG,E55 AMG,C55AMG
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 01:43 PM   #57
Tazzie-///M
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d

I already don’t like the future when it comes to cars if I’m honest
Appreciate 2
Donatello.1075.50
Cos270608.50
      02-08-2023, 02:58 PM   #58
Donatello.
How's My Driving?
Rep
Drives: Hellcat & Miata

Quote:
There is not a finite amount of money. You know that right? If you want more money, then go generate it. This ain’t North Korea, no one‘s going to stop you.
Sure, let me go print $.

You. Do. Not. Understand. Or. Live. In. Denial.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 03:24 PM   #59
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello. View Post
Sure, let me go print $.

You. Do. Not. Understand. Or. Live. In. Denial.
You didn’t make a point. Do you acknowledge money is not finite? There is more money today in circulation Then there was 10 years ago. Every time a new technology is invented on new type of business. It creates new jobs, new opportunities, and of course new generated money. It always cracks me up when people say, only a few people have all the money. No, the truth is only a few people are geniuses, extremely hard-working and blessed to live in a free market capitalist country like the United States. These people work their asses off, take all the risks and therefore earn lots of money. You should be angry at central party leaders like existed in the former Soviet union, and still exist in North Korea and Cuba today. They literally do nothing and take an extreme amount of the very much finite money in those countries. That’s not how it works in a free market capitalist country.

Last edited by Patton250; 02-08-2023 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:19 PM   #60
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I don’t know brother, perhaps this gentleman lives off the grid and Powers his house with nothing more than solar panels? Perhaps he charges his phone with solar panels? He also then would only drive an electric vehicle that he charges at home with solar panels. Because if he doesn’t meet all this criteria, I just stated that would make him either a hypocrite or an aspiring dictator. You know because dictators are above all that crap anyway and better than the rest of us so they get all the fun stuff regardless of what us peasants get.
Nuclear power. If you people understood nuclear and weren't scared, we would have clean and plentiful energy.

But you ppl still think nuclear = chernobyl
Appreciate 2
Patton2502938.00
Cos270608.50
      02-08-2023, 05:23 PM   #61
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
You didn’t make a point. Do you acknowledge money is not finite? There is more money today in circulation Then there was 10 years ago. Every time a new technology is invented on new type of business. It creates new jobs, new opportunities, and of course new generated money. It always cracks me up when people say, only a few people have all the money. No, the truth is only a few people are geniuses, extremely hard-working and blessed to live in a free market capitalist country like the United States. These people work their asses off, take all the risks and therefore earn lots of money. You should be angry at central party leaders like existed in the former Soviet union, and still exist in North Korea and Cuba today. They literally do nothing and take an extreme amount of the very much finite money in those countries. That’s not how it works in a free market capitalist country.
No they don't they're either born with it or are thieves or backstabbers or both. Seen it in my own family, and the same can be said with bezos (300k investment from his family. What was his idea? That you can sell books on the internet. Well he had a huge advantage due to family helping with $300k investment). What about musk? Family had a large mine and he was born wealthy and had connections. He also did some dirty things to tesla and tesla wasn't his brainchild either and he did a lot of backstabbing to be the ceo of tesla. He did similar dirty things in PayPal.

These people aren't geniuses when the average iq is so low. They're just insecure and chase after money because money is the ONLY way these peolle become relevant or gain respect. The others are either secure and happy and don't care for crazy wealth, or have been conditioned to think they're too stupid to do it. Either way, billionaires aren't geniuses. Not even one bit.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:23 PM   #62
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nuclear power. If you people understood nuclear and weren't scared, we would have clean and plentiful energy.

But you ppl still think nuclear = chernobyl
I think nuclear is the way to go. It’s the smartest way to go. They are expensive to build, but once they are built, they run like a champ. It wasn’t Chernobyl that ruined nuclear power for America. It was Jane and Peter Fonda. Even the great Jack Lemmon helped them pull off and media sensation Nuclear plant hit job movie called The China Syndrome. A young Michael Douglas helped out in the hit job movie ad well. It’s too bad because nuclear power is clean, cheap after the plant is built and long lasting.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:25 PM   #63
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I remember reading history, books about men that spoke the way you do. Let me name a few. Hitler, Mussolini, Stalin, Castro, Mao Zedong. Scary. I guess I can only be grateful that at least for today, you don’t hold power.
Cool. Typical American tactic. Disagree with someone, dump some names of dictators. Why do you throw Stalin with Hitler and mussolini? Don't you know us were buddies with the commies? It took like 5 massive countries to stop 1 Germany lol

Also. No one here is an oil tycoon. Why do you people vehemently defend the largest polluters on earth. Exxon KNEW in 1987 they were causing global warming. They did the whole research and hid it from the public. They were taken to court for it, but of course, America always sides with large mega corporations even if they're wrecking the world.

I'm still trying to understand if Hitler, basically a capitalist, would vehemently ban ice cars for electric, but make a stipulation for ice cars on tracks for example like I would, or Stalin, or mussolini. Countries are already beggining to ban ice and even car companies are going electric. I am not sure why you people want ice cars for everyone on the road. It's so selfish to wreck the planet for your own kids.

Last edited by DavesZupra4; 02-08-2023 at 05:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1075.50
      02-08-2023, 05:27 PM   #64
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
No they don't they're either born with it or are thieves or backstabbers or both. Seen it in my own family, and the same can be said with bezos (300k investment from his family. What was his idea? That you can sell books on the internet. Well he had a huge advantage due to family helping with $300k investment). What about musk? Family had a large mine and he was born wealthy and had connections. He also did some dirty things to tesla and tesla wasn't his brainchild either and he did a lot of backstabbing to be the ceo of tesla. He did similar dirty things in PayPal.

These people aren't geniuses when the average iq is so low. They're just insecure and chase after money because money is the ONLY way these peolle become relevant or gain respect. The others are either secure and happy and don't care for crazy wealth, or have been conditioned to think they're too stupid to do it. Either way, billionaires aren't geniuses. Not even one bit.
Most of this post is irrational at best and insane at worst. I think somewhere less than 5% of millionaires inherit their money. The rest earn it. I don’t know where you get your hatred of freedom but I bet half of everything I own you enjoy it’s fruits and always have. If you like, you can denounce capitalism and freedom altogether by handing over to me all your assets and wealth and I’ll be glad to drop you off in some Third World country. I think you’ll feel a lot better if we do this.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 05:50 PM   #65
DavesZupra4
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Most of this post is irrational at best and insane at worst. I think somewhere less than 5% of millionaires inherit their money. The rest earn it. I don’t know where you get your hatred of freedom but I bet half of everything I own you enjoy it’s fruits and always have. If you like, you can denounce capitalism and freedom altogether by handing over to me all your assets and wealth and I’ll be glad to drop you off in some Third World country. I think you’ll feel a lot better if we do this.
Stop confusing capitalism ans freedom. They're not the same. You may have freedom wjth your $100-200k income or wherever, or I may have freedom with my unspecified paper amount that should be meaningless if we are ever going to become an enlightened species, but you can't say the same about most other Americans can you? The unemployment rate, which is far higher than it is if you really read into it. The fact people can no longer go to college and pay for it with a part time job like they used to 30-50 years ago. The fact most people working full time can't afford a 1 bedroom apartment, and the landlord leeches who barely saved up a measly $20k put down money on a house or condo, and have others pay their mortgage by charging exorbitant rent. Landlords are leeches that's why I don't own any home I don't live in.

In capitalist counties, free people are those who have means. You think the people living paycheck to paycheck who are the vast majority of Americans feel "free". They may have been taught that, but deep down they don't.

Btw if you've axtually been to China or Vietnam like I have (amazing countries), youd realize people there are even more free because they're happier than people here. Thailand (a monarchy) is even more free and happier

Also you misquoted me again. I never said MILLIONAIRES. Did I? I said billionaires usually acquired wealth. If you're gonna "debunk" me try to not misquote me first
Appreciate 1
Donatello.1075.50
      02-08-2023, 06:03 PM   #66
Patton250
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Stop confusing capitalism ans freedom. They're not the same. You may have freedom wjth your $100-200k income or wherever, or I may have freedom with my unspecified paper amount that should be meaningless if we are ever going to become an enlightened species, but you can't say the same about most other Americans can you? The unemployment rate, which is far higher than it is if you really read into it. The fact people can no longer go to college and pay for it with a part time job like they used to 30-50 years ago. The fact most people working full time can't afford a 1 bedroom apartment, and the landlord leeches who barely saved up a measly $20k put down money on a house or condo, and have others pay their mortgage by charging exorbitant rent. Landlords are leeches that's why I don't own any home I don't live in.

In capitalist counties, free people are those who have means. You think the people living paycheck to paycheck who are the vast majority of Americans feel "free". They may have been taught that, but deep down they don't.

Btw if you've axtually been to China or Vietnam like I have (amazing countries), youd realize people there are even more free because they're happier than people here. Thailand (a monarchy) is even more free and happier

Also you misquoted me again. I never said MILLIONAIRES. Did I? I said billionaires usually acquired wealth. If you're gonna "debunk" me try to not misquote me first
You should probably stop dude. I’m going to let you go on this. This whole thing reminds me of the court room scene in the movie The Caine Mutiny. Captain Quint played by Humphrey Bogart pulled out a handful of ball bearings, and started fondling them nervously as the defense lawyer questioned him. It was at that time, the entire court from the judge, the prosecutors, and especially defense knew he was insane. See for yourself. Your last post reminds me of the scene.

Appreciate 0