BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

11-27-2022, 03:46 PM   #89
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Discussions are always fun, when there's good input on both sides.

On this forum, it's pretty predictable.

BMW or nothing. OR, if non BMW, then it's porsche or nothing.

EV's? They all suck. They'll never work. They're harmful to the environment, no soul yada yada yada.

Teslas? Wait a minute. I like the EV6 GT!!! AMAZING EV!! I told my wife we need one of those. They're amazing. Great EV!

Oh wait i'm not supposed to like EV. Wait why are we even talking about a car that's not a BMW?

Great i don't know what is the meaning to these posts now.

^^^^ That right there is the sum of how most people post on this forum.

Too fucking easy to read. That is why i crush these debates. Lots of smart dudes on this forum for sure. But when it comes to debates, y'all are terrible lol
Tell us you suffer from NPD without saying you suffer from NPD....Holy crap man, you would make even Kanye take notice. Truly a legend in your own mind, if only everyone else would notice your sheer brilliance am I right? Us mere plebs can only dream....

Well that's it folks, guess nothing else to talk about here, BGM-M3COMP has stated everyone will be driving 9 & 10 second electric cars with 1000mile range batteries by 2030 and there will be zero infrastructure, social, or safety issues and the transition will be silky smooth like all things government mandated.

Thanks for clearing that up for us all BGM-M3COMP, truly a hero of our time.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 11-27-2022 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 5
lakefront560.50
chad86tsi1605.00
Red Bread4463.00
Burrcold5196.50
kyriian879.00
      11-27-2022, 03:53 PM   #90
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Corvette Z06

Quote:

EV's? They all suck. They'll never work. They're harmful to the environment, no soul yada yada yada.

Teslas? Wait a minute. I like the EV6 GT!!! AMAZING EV!! I told my wife we need one of those. They're amazing. Great EV!

Oh wait i'm not supposed to like EV. Wait why are we even talking about a car that's not a BMW?

Too fucking easy to read. That is why i crush these debates. Lots of smart dudes on this forum for sure. But when it comes to debates, y'all are terrible lol
Still waiting for you to race your Tesla against my R8 so we can record for the forum. We'll have to wait until spring at this point.
Appreciate 3
chad86tsi1605.00
Burrcold5196.50
x622944.00
      11-27-2022, 03:55 PM   #91
G MONEY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
Quote:

Still waiting for you to race your Tesla against my R8 so we can record for the forum. We'll have to wait until spring at this point.
That dude ain't racing no-one. Lol.
Appreciate 4
NYG10579.50
chad86tsi1605.00
Burrcold5196.50
x622944.00
      11-27-2022, 04:01 PM   #92
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
I'm afraid you would be bored out of your mind since he drives a model 3. The only good thing about beating model 3 owners is sheer look of surprise on their face, with the depression that follows knowing they can do absolutely nothing to make their car faster short of tossing out their interior, body panels, seats, a/c, etc.
Appreciate 3
NYG10579.50
chad86tsi1605.00
Burrcold5196.50
      11-27-2022, 04:37 PM   #93
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 04:49 PM   #94
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by G MONEY View Post
The irony is that he'd have to use his M3 to race anyone.
NYG10579.50
      11-27-2022, 04:58 PM   #95
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Let's do it. Because i might have my plaid by then.

Funny how people are so scared of tesla LOL
      11-27-2022, 05:00 PM   #96
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
The irony is that he'd have to use his M3 to race anyone.
I can either destroy his car with my plaid from a dig or a roll. Or i can roll race him with my C7Z.

Or my M3 will probably lose to his R8. My M3 is stock. Quick but not fast.

Wait what are you even saying? Both of the cars you own are slow as fuck LOL
      11-27-2022, 05:29 PM   #97
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Let's do it. Because i might have my plaid by then.

Funny how people are so scared of tesla LOL
I'm not, this all started after I told you that acceleration doesn't make it a sports car and that I torch Teslas all day long (everything but plaid - I've got no power mods).

Idk if you're trying to impress me with the plaid but... If I had 150K+ burning a hole in my pocket and spent it on a Tesla I'd probably castrate myself - there's just no justification for paying that much when so many cars in that price range are 500000000000x better. If that boring ass accelerator pedal is worth that much to you then more power to you my bro.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2022, 05:58 PM   #98
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I'm not, this all started after I told you that acceleration doesn't make it a sports car and that I torch Teslas all day long (everything but plaid - I've got no power mods).

Idk if you're trying to impress me with the plaid but... If I had 150K+ burning a hole in my pocket and spent it on a Tesla I'd probably castrate myself - there's just no justification for paying that much when so many cars in that price range are 500000000000x better. If that boring ass accelerator pedal is worth that much to you then more power to you my bro.
Tesla's aren't race cars so when people quickly crucify it because it's fast in a straight line and call it boring, soulless, dumb, ugly whatever just shows ignorance. Car people are supposed to appreciate ALL cars. You may not want to be a fan of them, but to appreciate what they are, is a real car person.

I love all cars. I might not want to ever buy a certain model or might think their not all that but if they're fast, engineered properly, i respect it.

I said it earlier that i am undefeated from a dig during my commute. I said this way long before you even made a comment towards me about anything. Then i think that's when you said you would want to race my tesla (because of that comment i made).

I never said i'll race anyone here in my fucking LR model 3, which anyone with a keyboard can quickly look up what it can do, and claim i have the fastest tesla.

If you want to race my model 3 we can. We'll do a best of 3 0-60 runs. You on street tires, me on my shitty tires. If you beat me, then you can say on this forum you beat a model 3 LR lol. And if i beat you, then i feel bad for you lol.

But if you want to wait until i get my plaid, which i hope comes at the same time i get my C8 stingray, we can definitely do it. You have no chance but at least you can see the sheer power the thing has. Pretty sure you know what it can do since you're around cars a lot since we PM'ed before about this. I have nothing against you, nor anyone here. We're all car people, i think.

But teslas, they are here to stay. And if people can't accept that, then idk what to tell you.
      11-27-2022, 06:28 PM   #99
chad86tsi
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760i P60 Greyblack

Quote:

But teslas, they are here to stay.
Same with herpes, but no one is interested in having that, or hearing about yours either.
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5196.50
NYG10579.50
      11-27-2022, 06:39 PM   #100
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I can either destroy his car with my plaid from a dig or a roll. Or i can roll race him with my C7Z.

I'm SO butt hurt that you think my cars are slow. Let me go cry a river. Guess I'll have to go order me a Plaid.
NYG10579.50
      11-27-2022, 06:57 PM   #101
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Quote:

I'm SO butt hurt that you think my cars are slow. Let me go cry a river. Guess I'll have to go order me a Plaid.
Or you could get a Lucid, that's faster, has more range, has actual functioning brakes, an entire steering wheel and can turn. It's still ugly, but it's a lot closer to being a full automobile.

The Plaid is the reincarnation of the Typhoon/Cyclone trucks from way back. Fast magazine numbers, but nearly useless as an actual form of transportation. I remember racing one with an FD RX7 and it hit its top speed at 107mph. It was quick until then.
Appreciate 1
Burrcold5196.50
      11-27-2022, 06:57 PM   #102
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Well, he is undefeated .. commuting. Respect...
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5196.50
      11-27-2022, 07:10 PM   #103
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You should if you wanna go fast.

I'm still waiting on an allocation so i highly doubt i'll see mine in spring. Maybe summer i hope. Good time to destroy everything on the road anyway.
      11-27-2022, 07:18 PM   #104
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
You should if you wanna go fast.

I'm still waiting on an allocation so i highly doubt i'll see mine in spring. Maybe summer i hope. Good time to destroy everything on the road anyway.
I could have bought one if I wanted...but I don't. Different priorities I suppose. Enjoy your destruction of everything on the road.
Cos270608.50
      11-27-2022, 07:24 PM   #105
gatorfast
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 718 Cayman

I can't believe this guy is still trolling. He's not even funny. Just weird at this point.
Appreciate 8
x622944.00
Cos270608.50
Burrcold5196.50
Red Bread4463.00
minn1914010.50
heavyD^23688.50
      11-27-2022, 07:27 PM   #106
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I could have bought one if I wanted...but I don't. Different priorities I suppose. Enjoy your destruction of everything on the road.

I like speed. I also like sound.

I have multiple cars, just like you. You're right different priorities.

I'll definitely have fun destroying everything. That's the point to the car lol. Nothing else.
      11-27-2022, 09:27 PM   #107
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
Well, he is undefeated .. commuting. Respect...
He had no response to me. Did I win the thread?
Appreciate 1
minn1914010.50
      11-28-2022, 08:57 AM   #108
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Tesla's aren't race cars so when people quickly crucify it because it's fast in a straight line and call it boring, soulless, dumb, ugly whatever just shows ignorance. Car people are supposed to appreciate ALL cars. You may not want to be a fan of them, but to appreciate what they are, is a real car person.

I love all cars. I might not want to ever buy a certain model or might think their not all that but if they're fast, engineered properly, i respect it.

I said it earlier that i am undefeated from a dig during my commute. I said this way long before you even made a comment towards me about anything. Then i think that's when you said you would want to race my tesla (because of that comment i made).

I never said i'll race anyone here in my fucking LR model 3, which anyone with a keyboard can quickly look up what it can do, and claim i have the fastest tesla.

If you want to race my model 3 we can. We'll do a best of 3 0-60 runs. You on street tires, me on my shitty tires. If you beat me, then you can say on this forum you beat a model 3 LR lol. And if i beat you, then i feel bad for you lol.

But if you want to wait until i get my plaid, which i hope comes at the same time i get my C8 stingray, we can definitely do it. You have no chance but at least you can see the sheer power the thing has. Pretty sure you know what it can do since you're around cars a lot since we PM'ed before about this. I have nothing against you, nor anyone here. We're all car people, i think.

But teslas, they are here to stay. And if people can't accept that, then idk what to tell you.
Yeah but I know I'd torch the model 3 just like I know the plaid would torch my car.

Nothing against you either my guy - especially knowing you're a Corvette dude.

It's not that I'm not a fan of them, I'd get a Tesla over any other EV any day of the week. It's just, I'm in/around my business partners Model X and Model S day in and day out and knowing how much the plaid costs, there's just no way to justify it for me. Straight line acceleration gets old real fast - it's why Hellcats are the dumbest cars on the planet.

I don't think people loathe Tesla as much as you think - you're just a pretty big fan which is fine.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59507.00
      11-28-2022, 09:43 AM   #109
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah but I know I'd torch the model 3 just like I know the plaid would torch my car.

Nothing against you either my guy - especially knowing you're a Corvette dude.

It's not that I'm not a fan of them, I'd get a Tesla over any other EV any day of the week. It's just, I'm in/around my business partners Model X and Model S day in and day out and knowing how much the plaid costs, there's just no way to justify it for me. Straight line acceleration gets old real fast - it's why Hellcats are the dumbest cars on the planet.

I don't think people loathe Tesla as much as you think - you're just a pretty big fan which is fine.
I was one of the first to order a first year Challenger Scat Pack in mid-2014. It was a one of the best cruisers I ever owned. But I couldn't legally use more than ~30% of that car's potential on public roads.

I hated the HC when it came out, not because it could leave me in the dust (I don't race) but because of the turn-key excess it provided, and the scum it appeals to (not all owners, but enough to matter).

And I believe the HC was a major contributing factor in the douchebaggery that has grown in car culture as of late. Just a few weeks ago (I95 Ft Lauderdale area), some dick in a B5 blue Charger HC ran to the end of an on ramp / onto the shoulder, pulled in front of my new M240, floored it and threw a rock up and chipped my windshield, then disappeared as he weaved thru traffic. It is unfathomable to me to drive like that, risking other drivers' lives and property because you think you rule the roads.

Back in the day, you bought a respectable amount of HP, but the rest was bolt-on. Now anyone with deep pockets can write a check and buy an ICE or EV missile. They have no appreciation for the car and its ridiculous power is taken for granted, it's just a way to get recognition and "respect" on social.
NYG10579.50
minn1914010.50
Cos270608.50
      11-28-2022, 09:52 AM   #110
NYG
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
I was one of the first to order a first year Challenger Scat Pack in mid-2014. It was a one of the best cruisers I ever owned. But I couldn't legally use more than ~30% of that car's potential on public roads.

I hated the HC when it came out, not because it could leave me in the dust (I don't race) but because of the turn-key excess it provided, and the scum it appeals to (not all owners, but enough to matter).

And I believe the HC was a major contributing factor in the douchebaggery that has grown in car culture as of late. Just a few weeks ago (I95 Ft Lauderdale area), some dick in a B5 blue Charger HC ran to the end of an on ramp / onto the shoulder, pulled in front of my new M240, floored it and threw a rock up and chipped my windshield, then disappeared as he weaved thru traffic. It is unfathomable to me to drive like that, risking other drivers' lives and property because you think you rule the roads.

Back in the day, you bought a respectable amount of HP, but the rest was bolt-on. Now anyone with deep pockets can write a check and buy an ICE or EV missile. They have no appreciation for the car and its ridiculous power is taken for granted, it's just a way to get recognition and "respect" on social.
The problem with the Hellcat besides what you've mentioned is that it can't put the power down in 90/100 conditions which I wouldn't have a big problem with if the car wasn't a boat. My C7Z06 was also incapable of putting down it's power in almost any drag type conditions but I could lap supercars in it on a race track.

I agree that they're comfortable but a CT5 Blackwing makes more sense and it can handle pretty decently.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick59507.00