BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

08-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #45
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

i didnt get the chance to read the whole thread but if you havent decided yet, check notebookreview.com. they have articles, photos, and user-reviews of current laptops there. you'd also learn more about laptops. most brand name laptops like dell, HP, etc, are just made by a different company then re-branded except for ASUS, lenovo, and a few.

you can also fill out a form where you can answer questions that would narrow down you choice and help them recommend you a suitable laptop. hope that helps.
      08-03-2007, 02:15 PM   #46
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

why not be safe? f-secure $59
Windows xp pro $150

reformat, setup everything, msconfig faster then from box and better.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #47
F2006
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 428i GC M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325 Baller View Post
At my highschool laptops are required from 6th grade up. Im going to be a senior this coming year and my current apple just wont cut it. I have to restart it 3 times a day to get word and aim working at the same time:mad:
I convinced the parents to get me a computer for this year,being that i have multiple ap classes and cant get away with pen and paper like i did last year. I decided to get a lower model computer this year to save him some money and then next year get one that will last 2-3 years for college. I thought i had it all chosen up til yesterday. I was going to get a mac book (black) refurbished from apple for 1299. like 600 dollars off. Yesterday my father and i were in Circuit City looking at a digital camera for my mother when I saw a neat little computer. Its a Hp Tx1000z series. Its small 12.1" widescreen with touchscreen. Its also a tablet. The one from circuit city was amd dual core 2.0 2048 ram and 160 gb HD with windows vista. Id have to upgrade to buisness for school but thats not a problem. All in al it seems like a good computer and for the price im beginning to like it ALOT. It comes with a webcam +mic + fingerprint scanner. The price is 1000. Ive fallen in love with macs but its just easier for school to use a PC. I think im leaning towards the HP because its cheaper and its a tablet, which I think will come in handy...anyone wanna chime in and gimme some advice on which one to chose from?
By my experience the small screen is a pain. Try to get at least a 14" screen. I would favor the screen size over the gadgets. Have you checked the Costco site? They have some good deals, for little more than what you plan to spend. Also, the Costco return policy is unbeatable.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2007, 10:46 PM   #48
325 Baller
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3 28i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Honestly I think my mind is set..but in reference to the small screen size I currently have a 12" powerbook g4, before that 17" (or so widescreen) dell so Ive grown to likeing the smaller screens. About the deals on costcos website...I dont know if they can beat the deal im getting on the Macbook, 1298 for the same speced out blackbook as on apple, its about 300 off
      08-04-2007, 02:29 AM   #49
karliejai
Da Kid
United_States
Rep
Drives: JetBlack e90 335i

go with dell

MODS: OEM Front Splitter | ACS Roof Spoiler | OEM Trunk Spoiler | Matt Black Front Grill | Black Shadowline Window Trim | Painted Front Lower Rod | Blacklines | JDM Yellow Fogs | Custom Silver CF Headlights with LUX 4.0 | Eisenhaus Sports Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2007, 05:39 PM   #50
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliejai View Post
go with dell
hey get a good dell, ship it to me with your boot cd and give me a day
Appreciate 0