BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #9021
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoosh View Post
How well do you know Nef?

Side note, I disagree. It certainly is not awkward/cringeworthy with most people you meet on the internet.
I get what you're talking about with Nef, he's definitely a different character just based on his posts.

Meh, I probably should have clarified that statement a little. I meant it's awkward in the sense that I think there's almost always some dissonance between a person's online persona/expectations and reality when you meet in person. I think that's the whole allure of this thread; seeing someone in person or on video to iron out the wrinkles of their personality as you perceive them.
Interestingly, even though I always tell people I'm super introverted and can be really quiet, people are still surprised by it in when I meet them in person.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2016, 12:32 PM   #9022
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Interestingly, even though I always tell people I'm super introverted and can be really quiet, people are still surprised by it in when I meet them in person.
Right, and that's kinda what I mean. Not knowing that, if you were to meet in person, I think it's reasonable to assume that the girl who is involved in most of the online conversations and has her own youtube channel would be really outgoing and chatty. If you're perfectly comfortable, but hanging back and not really talking much that's obviously different from the other person's expectations. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's something that's going to be in the back of their mind.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #9023
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_
Quote:
Right, and that's kinda what I mean. Not knowing that, if you were to meet in person, I think it's reasonable to assume that the girl who is involved in most of the online conversations and has her own youtube channel would be really outgoing and chatty. If you're perfectly comfortable, but hanging back and not really talking much that's obviously different from the other person's expectations. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's something that's going to be in the back of their mind.
Yup, I am outgoing in some situations but I'm never chatty.
Appreciate 1
      07-11-2016, 01:00 PM   #9024
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
That is interesting - I would have imagined you to be at least mildly extroverted not knowing you at all, but based on what you do.

I get the super introverted thing, that's me for sure, but that's why I would never think to have a Youtube channel, why I won't do an interview if asked, etc. I'm always happy to be around an extroverted person because they'll do all the talking which works for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:06 PM   #9025
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr
Quote:
That is interesting - I would have imagined you to be at least mildly extroverted not knowing you at all, but based on what you do.

I get the super introverted thing, that's me for sure, but that's why I would never think to have a Youtube channel, why I won't do an interview if asked, etc. I'm always happy to be around an extroverted person because they'll do all the talking which works for me.
I've explained this before, but I film in private when possible and actually many youtubers are introverts.

I can take charge/ be outgoing when necessary, like at car meets or in work situations but yeah, otherwise I let the chatty ones be chatty.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:32 PM   #9026
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post

You ever watch/hear of Tosh.0 on Comedy Central? Really odd sense of humor and seems absolutely crazy, but even he's admitted to having crippling social anxiety and is an introvert, it's just his way of dealing with it.

You would think someone who can get in front of a camera and even a small crowd wouldn't be able to do it. Then you get the loud mouthed people online that can't even imagine the thought of actual human interaction. The human mind is a pretty mind boggling thing.
Appreciate 2
      07-11-2016, 01:40 PM   #9027
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axius View Post
The human mind is a pretty mind boggling thing.
I like what you did there. Even though I know it wasn't on purpose.

I've heard of that show, but haven't watched it. Might have to sometime when I see it next on the guide.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:42 PM   #9028
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

It's mind bottling
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 01:53 PM   #9029
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I like what you did there. Even though I know it wasn't on purpose.

I've heard of that show, but haven't watched it. Might have to sometime when I see it next on the guide.
Come on, I was really aching for some credit on that one!

It's funny, he reviews dumb videos online, commentates them, makes fun of people and different races, acts REALLY gay sometimes which I don't understand but whatever, and yeah, that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 06:15 PM   #9030
Mike.
Mike: Everyone's Pal
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW 335xi  [10.00]
Im reading for my closeup

Alpine MSS Stage 2+ E30 tune|MST Intakes|VRSF Single Mid Pipe|Agency Power Intercooler|VTT Full solution crank hub fix
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 06:27 PM   #9031
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
I can't cover 377 pages, but it looks (not implying it to be true) like you and Axius and naked... Weird.. Planned?

Biorin has an interesting posture with the arm up.

The Axiom guy looks cool. I would have never guessed he was caucasian either.

Nefarious interview "You are pretty open on the forums, do you worry..." haha that's funny. Nefarious is one pole in terms of online openness and I feel that I may be the other pole.
Yeah but for Tara the cam-focus point was too high..

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2016, 07:12 PM   #9032
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
I can't cover 377 pages, but it looks (not implying it to be true) like you and Axius and naked... Weird.. Planned?

Biorin has an interesting posture with the arm up.

The Axiom guy looks cool. I would have never guessed he was caucasian either.

Nefarious interview "You are pretty open on the forums, do you worry..." haha that's funny. Nefarious is one pole in terms of online openness and I feel that I may be the other pole.
Hahaha, get that a lot...
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2016, 03:06 PM   #9033
NEFARIOUS
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330xi (TRADED IN)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I get what you're talking about with Nef, he's definitely a different character just based on his posts.

Meh, I probably should have clarified that statement a little. I meant it's awkward in the sense that I think there's almost always some dissonance between a person's online persona/expectations and reality when you meet in person. I think that's the whole allure of this thread; seeing someone in person or on video to iron out the wrinkles of their personality as you perceive them.
Well, here's my heartfelt apology for having known me from late 2013 until about late 2015:

I was just going through some shit and I wasn't myself... I went from ballin', to broke, to super-ultra rock bottom putting my trust in the wrong people after getting over the devastation when my dad died. Try living in the worst possible living situations, get 2 jobs that screwed you over, have someone pretend to be your friend but isn't, have a Cluster B mom who never cared since childhoor, and having lots of IRL friends alienate you... I can guaranteed anybody would be as fucked up as I was.

Now that I've weeded a lot of toxic people out of my life, I am pretty much able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm obviously not out of the tunnel 100%. It hasn't been easy, nor will life be the same as 2008-ish, but c'est la vie.
::THE MACHETE::
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2016, 03:09 PM   #9034
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post
Well, here's my heartfelt apology for having known me from late 2013 until about late 2015:

I was just going through some shit and I wasn't myself... I went from ballin', to broke, to super-ultra rock bottom putting my trust in the wrong people after getting over the devastation when my dad died. Try living in the worst possible living situations, get 2 jobs that screwed you over, have someone pretend to be your friend but isn't, have a Cluster B mom who never cared since childhoor, and having lots of IRL friends alienate you... I can guaranteed anybody would be as fucked up as I was.

Now that I've weeded a lot of toxic people out of my life, I am pretty much able to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm obviously not out of the tunnel 100%. It hasn't been easy, nor will life be the same as 2008-ish, but c'est la vie.
No apologies needed buddy, keep on fighting, you'll get through it.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2016, 03:24 PM   #9035
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

I'm in for the "Verb, Life As An Outsider" interview.
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2016, 03:31 PM   #9036
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW
I'm in for the "Verb, Life As An Outsider" interview.

I received a warning in the past to stop talking about banned members so I won't be doing that. He's only banned for a month anyways.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:34 PM   #9037
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

I received a warning in the past to stop talking about banned members so I won't be doing that. He's only banned for a month anyways.
Probably more than 2 .

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:38 PM   #9038
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEFARIOUS View Post

Ohhhh wow my friend !
I need to say that I wish you only "the best of luck" !
I truly hope this will help...
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-12-2016, 03:43 PM   #9039
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:

Oh cool so you can do the interview once he's back and he can tell us what it was like to be a productive member of society for a short period.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:44 PM   #9040
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwoodBMW
Quote:

Oh cool so you can do the interview once he's back and he can tell us what it was like to be a productive member of society for a short period.
Yeah maybe the increase in his productivity level at work will get him a raise and then he can thank Grimlock.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:51 PM   #9041
silvergray545
Skittles, OT OG
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: Lots of M cars

Garage List
2016 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
2000 BMW M Roadster  [0.00]
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
2014 VW GLI  [0.00]
Quote:

Seriously!?

Fuck that! #FREEVERB
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2016, 03:52 PM   #9042
smoosh
fight me bro
Rep
Drives: slut whisperer

Quote:
Yeah maybe the increase in his productivity level at work will get him a raise and then he can thank Grimlock.
Wonder what Grimmey's up to?
Appreciate 0