BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-02-2019, 11:11 AM   #1
SoCalS2k
Lieutenant
SoCalS2k's Avatar
204
Rep
547
Posts

Drives: S2K!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
There is one thing that Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush and Reagan have in common

I was thinking about this so much. A lot of ppl here attack the other side president for spending so much money but then there own side president spends ALOT of more money. I think each president keeps spending more money then the last one after 8 years.

America always chooses a president who will spend too much money. But then America always complains they are spending too much money.

Why??
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump3348.00

      06-02-2019, 11:52 AM   #2
Dave 90TT
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1390
Rep
1,912
Posts

Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Colorado Springs

iTrader: (0)

(Almost) everyone wants the government to spend less money on other people...but they are perfectly fine with the government spending more money on themselves.
Appreciate 4
      06-02-2019, 11:58 AM   #3
SoCalS2k
Lieutenant
SoCalS2k's Avatar
204
Rep
547
Posts

Drives: S2K!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
(Almost) everyone wants the government to spend less money on other people...but they are perfectly fine with the government spending more money on themselves.
I believe that's the answer your right
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 03:59 PM   #4
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1638
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
(Almost) everyone wants the government to spend less money on other people...but they are perfectly fine with the government spending more money on themselves.
ding ding ding

we see liberals complaining that the government is spending too much, and then they want all this free shit.

we see conservatives complain that the government is spending too much, and then they want all this oversight and military.

the government is the #1 business in the world. they are going to get their money and spend it. there is no easy way to change that.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
SoCalS2k204.00
Now_Rudi4625.50

      06-02-2019, 05:52 PM   #5
SoCalS2k
Lieutenant
SoCalS2k's Avatar
204
Rep
547
Posts

Drives: S2K!
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
(Almost) everyone wants the government to spend less money on other people...but they are perfectly fine with the government spending more money on themselves.
ding ding ding

we see liberals complaining that the government is spending too much, and then they want all this free shit.

we see conservatives complain that the government is spending too much, and then they want all this oversight and military.

the government is the #1 business in the world. they are going to get their money and spend it. there is no easy way to change that.
Yes so true but I have a question about the last part of what you say. Why is it so hard to change it?

If we all know that is it the issue why don't we stop voting in these kind of ppl? Is because secretly we like this? Or because shady secret special interest groups change things? Or because everyone is just too greedy and selfish like Dave says
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #6
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
Canada
4908
Rep
1,547
Posts

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Niagara on the Lake

iTrader: (0)

Were going through the same thing here in Ontario. The liberals ran up horrendous debt, the largest debt of any sub-sovereign nation on the planet. Over $1 Billion per month in interest payments to service the debt. We elected a conservative government with a big majority with the mandate to balance the budget and cut waste.

So 1 year later the cuts are coming, every agency and branch of government is being asked to find efficiency and cut. Oh and the unthinkable ask is 4%, you'd think the world had stopped spinning by the belly aching coming from the media, the left and the unions. Children will die, seniors will be out on the street in their wheel chairs and there's going to be pestilence.....folks, left or right there is only one tax payer and only so much money. If you can't buy groceries you don't take the kids to Disney dammit.

Honest to christ if I hear one more time about "free" education, "free" healthcare or 'free fuckin' anything" I'm going to lose my shit. It's not FREE. We all pay for it with higher taxes and less services.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #7
vocan
Second Lieutenant
130
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Northern exposure

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Honest to christ if I hear one more time about "free" education, "free" healthcare or 'free fuckin' anything" I'm going to lose my shit. It's not FREE. We all pay for it with higher taxes and less services.
No kidding, it will be the death knell of capitalism if it continues unchecked. Nothing is free.
Appreciate 1
      06-02-2019, 09:10 PM   #8
Rezasa18
New Member
2
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Bali

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Were going through the same thing here in Ontario. The liberals ran up horrendous debt, the largest debt of any sub-sovereign nation on the planet. Over $1 Billion per month in interest payments to service the debt. We elected a conservative government with a big majority with the mandate to balance the budget and cut waste.

So 1 year later the cuts are coming, every agency and branch of government is being asked to find efficiency and cut. Oh and the unthinkable ask is 4%, you'd think the world had stopped spinning by the belly aching coming from the media, the left and the unions. Children will die, seniors will be out on the street in their wheel chairs and there's going to be pestilence.....folks, left or right there is only one tax payer and only so much money. If you can't buy groceries you don't take the kids to Disney dammit.

Honest to christ if I hear one more time about "free" education, "free" healthcare or 'free fuckin' anything" I'm going to lose my shit. It's not FREE. We all pay for it with higher taxes and less services.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #9
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1638
Rep
1,248
Posts

Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Yes so true but I have a question about the last part of what you say. Why is it so hard to change it?

If we all know that is it the issue why don't we stop voting in these kind of ppl? Is because secretly we like this? Or because shady secret special interest groups change things? Or because everyone is just too greedy and selfish like Dave says
There is too much money to be made through politics, so the money will never leave politics. there are a few congressmen on both sides that actually want to cut spending, but until you eliminate pacs, super pacs, lobbyists, etc, there isnt going to be much of a change.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #10
Run Silent
Run Deep
Run Silent's Avatar
United_States
8823
Rep
2,523
Posts

Drives: Back and Forth To Work
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The biggest issue is the inherent political system that is created within a democratically elected body.

The beneficiaries of tax-payer fueled spending often balk at proposed cuts. Politicians are voted out of office when their constituents are angry, so they often lack the political will to make necessary cuts. Decades of political wrangling over the Social Security program is a prime example of this, with politicians avoiding action that would anger voters.

There are many ways to reduce the federal deficit and the federal debt. The problem, however, lies in the fact that reducing either of these will provide no long term solution unless the mindset of the populice at large and the mindset of Congress is fundamentally changed - and that is asking for a paradigm shift in macro human nature, which simply isn't going to happen.

The bottom line? There is no realistic fix for the long run.
__________________
Вести себя прилично? После дождичка в четверг!
Appreciate 2
minn195122.50
DonaldPump3348.00

      06-03-2019, 01:32 PM   #11
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7024
Rep
6,878
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

They were all elected President of the USA, final answer.

I'll PM you my address for my participation trophy
Appreciate 4
Dave 90TT1390.00
minn195122.50
Now_Rudi4625.50
DonaldPump3348.00

      06-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #12
openwheelracing
Captain
154
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 5 different 3 Series
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

All the losers I know sucking on Uncle Sam tits are Evangelical Christians, gun nuts and Trumpees. How ironic.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #13
openwheelracing
Captain
154
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 5 different 3 Series
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
There is too much money to be made through politics, so the money will never leave politics. there are a few congressmen on both sides that actually want to cut spending, but until you eliminate pacs, super pacs, lobbyists, etc, there isnt going to be much of a change.
Funny, all the things Republicans created. Thanks Citizen vs United.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:48 AM   #14
openwheelracing
Captain
154
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 5 different 3 Series
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocan View Post
No kidding, it will be the death knell of capitalism if it continues unchecked. Nothing is free.

Voting for a guy to bring jobs back, talk about asking for free hand outs. Sucking on the tit and complaining about it is the ultimate irony.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:58 AM   #15
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
6589
Rep
8,179
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
Funny, all the things Republicans created. Thanks Citizen vs United.
Not created. And dems get money the same way. Indeed, a republican (McCain) led the fight against Citizens United and their ilk.
__________________
?I need some warm warming up stuff? -LUPS
Appreciate 2
vocan129.50
Run Silent8823.00

      06-05-2019, 12:06 PM   #16
vocan
Second Lieutenant
130
Rep
295
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Northern exposure

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Not created. And dems get money the same way. Indeed, a republican (McCain) led the fight against Citizens United and their ilk.
It's always fun to see someone get a bucket of cold hard facts poured on their head.
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #17
Now_Rudi
I go by many names
Now_Rudi's Avatar
4626
Rep
1,018
Posts

Drives: Magic Carpet
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: In a cabinet

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
They were all elected President of the USA, final answer.

I'll PM you my address for my participation trophy
Beat me to it!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:31 PM   #18
openwheelracing
Captain
154
Rep
780
Posts

Drives: 5 different 3 Series
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Not created. And dems get money the same way. Indeed, a republican (McCain) led the fight against Citizens United and their ilk.

Don't hate the player, hate the game. The game is created by Citizen United which is all on the Republicans.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:49 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST