BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

01-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #45
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgnahc View Post
How about that! Only a 100+ points lower, not too bad. Beautiful fade from the gap down. 3/4 pt rate cut helped. Thanks, Uncle Ben.

Who MADE money today?
Dad, not as much as he should have though. I bet a lot of people had no idea why it gapped back up, until after the close..

Anyways, I hope you know how to sell short, because if all you know is to go long, you are in a world of hurt.
The government can only pull so many of their rabbits out of a hat, after they are all out the stock market is going to drop like a rock. Stocks aren't meant to go up forever and with all of these cuts, they are just going to make the correction even heavier.

I start trading again tomorrow.
It's kind of hard for me because I have school from 9:30-1:30 every day...

-Nathan
      01-23-2008, 01:54 AM   #46
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
How about that! Only a 100+ points lower, not too bad. Beautiful fade from the gap down. 3/4 pt rate cut helped. Thanks, Uncle Ben.

Who MADE money today?
It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. What happened to the international markets?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 02:04 AM   #47
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Learn to go short or go long on the Ultrashort ETFs

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 02:40 AM   #48
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expired View Post
Stocks aren't meant to go up forever
Yes they are and they always will. It will drop sure, but it will go back up, maybe not tomorrow but eventually. Unless that's what you meant.
      01-23-2008, 03:21 AM   #49
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

mortgage rates down a 1/4 point...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 04:07 AM   #50
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
It's probably going to get worse before it gets better. What happened to the international markets?

International is down as well. But US hit bottom and i just got news that the USD will og down as well 2 - 3 weeks more. The help from FED will not last more then a couble of weeks. They have to do it again and this will end up in 3,25pct - not good for you boys.

Good for our export marked in Europe.
Big change is that many Chinese manufactors now demands to get their money in Euro instead of USD. Thay have been loosing money over short terms. From order to delevery the USD eats up their profit. (i had 3 calls this morning concerning this matter)
Dow Jones and Nasdaq went down. C20 ended up in +.
But you cant trust that - it will properly go down again. The emergency brake FED did will not last and will for sure have negative influence on other markets.
Average i lost 20USD on each share in US companies yesterday. So.... sell, sell, sell, sell....
      01-23-2008, 01:10 PM   #51
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunga View Post
International is down as well. But US hit bottom and i just got news that the USD will og down as well 2 - 3 weeks more. The help from FED will not last more then a couble of weeks. They have to do it again and this will end up in 3,25pct - not good for you boys.

Good for our export marked in Europe.
Big change is that many Chinese manufactors now demands to get their money in Euro instead of USD. Thay have been loosing money over short terms. From order to delevery the USD eats up their profit. (i had 3 calls this morning concerning this matter)
Dow Jones and Nasdaq went down. C20 ended up in +.
But you cant trust that - it will properly go down again. The emergency brake FED did will not last and will for sure have negative influence on other markets.
Average i lost 20USD on each share in US companies yesterday. So.... sell, sell, sell, sell....
Funny because the Chinese dollar is in a world of trouble just like ours..
Like us, they also don't have any 'real' currency such as gold to back it up.

Me and my dad we're talking about this last night.. It doesn't matter what they have the currency in, when the U.S. and other major countries currency drops in value, it will drag everyone else down with them.

-Nathan
      01-23-2008, 01:22 PM   #52
ironjw
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
market is going down hill in the next 6 to 8 months...
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #53
scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Funny because the Chinese dollar is in a world of trouble just like ours..
Like us, they also don't have any 'real' currency such as gold to back it up.

Me and my dad we're talking about this last night.. It doesn't matter what they have the currency in, when the U.S. and other major countries currency drops in value, it will drag everyone else down with them.

-Nathan
Isn't the Chinese Yuan still price locked to the dollar by the Chinese? We've been saying for awhile that the Chinese need to let their currently float rather than lock it to the dollar. I think this is part of the cause for the drop in the dollar over time.
      01-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #54
iatacs19
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M4

AAPL took a nice dump
      01-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #55
Chunga
Captain
Denmark
Rep
Drives: E90 black saphire 2008

Yes - its locked to doller. Thats why they will have their payment in Euro when they sell to Europa now. But the party was short. We got our items cheaper and cheaper from China but then they startet to increase prices.
The dollor got to low.
      01-23-2008, 04:49 PM   #56
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 ZSP

Well...Wed, Day Two. Weee Dogie... Market was hurting most of the morning then powered up higher 200+ pts. Looks like the funds, MBA crew crunched the numbers and gave the green light. Nice little 500 pt turn.

check that, just above 600 pt range...bet there was some short squeeze in there. Wonder how the internationals faired?
      01-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #57
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dad, not as much as he should have though. I bet a lot of people had no idea why it gapped back up, until after the close..

Anyways, I hope you know how to sell short, because if all you know is to go long, you are in a world of hurt.
The government can only pull so many of their rabbits out of a hat, after they are all out the stock market is going to drop like a rock. Stocks aren't meant to go up forever and with all of these cuts, they are just going to make the correction even heavier.

I start trading again tomorrow.
It's kind of hard for me because I have school from 9:30-1:30 every day...

-Nathan
I'm a pro trader, short or long no problem, and write for a financial website... Actually, the Tues. position was to fade the gap...long. Trading don't care how old you are or size acct. you have. Keep at it. In fact, focus on trading the first 60-90 min. That will be enough.
      01-23-2008, 05:03 PM   #58
cgnahc
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
Learn to go short or go long on the Ultrashort ETFs
Note most all Ultras can only long.

For others, Ultras are Exchange Traded Funds that trades higher when the underlying sector moves lower...such that they have an inverse relationship, and some have a 2x or 200% inverse relationship (some are 200% of the underlying sector, almost like a free margin of 2x your account). These are good to buy in descending trends in qualified only accounts, such as IRAs...where you can only buy or go long in these accounts.
      01-23-2008, 05:05 PM   #59
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
AAPL took a nice dump
I bought it at $38/share. I rode it all the way up to $202/share. Now I'm riding it all the way down and hopefully all the way back up to $300/share.

Just in the past two days alone I'm down $2,400. I sure hope AAPL and DELL pick back up again.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 05:09 PM   #60
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
I'm a pro trader, short or long no problem, and write for a financial website... Actually, the Tues. position was to fade the gap...long. Trading don't care how old you are or size acct. you have. Keep at it. In fact, focus on trading the first 60-90 min. That will be enough.
what do you think is gng to happen with treasuries tomorrow?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 05:27 PM   #61
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
Yes they are and they always will. It will drop sure, but it will go back up, maybe not tomorrow but eventually. Unless that's what you meant.
+1
Long haul they always go up. Short haul it's all over the place. Economic cycles are unavoidable and the sign of a healthy market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 06:27 PM   #62
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
I bought it at $38/share. I rode it all the way up to $202/share. Now I'm riding it all the way down and hopefully all the way back up to $300/share.

Just in the past two days alone I'm down $2,400. I sure hope AAPL and DELL pick back up again.
If they drop a bit more I might buy AAPL big.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2008, 06:31 PM   #63
ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
If they drop a bit more I might buy AAPL big.
+1
      01-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #64
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately for me I am taking my shower for school during the open or else I would be, and even then I hate waking up early. +I procrastinate. I'm going to have to punch myself daily until I get back into the groove of trading every day.

-Nathan
      01-24-2008, 01:07 AM   #65
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Quote:
Note most all Ultras can only long.

For others, Ultras are Exchange Traded Funds that trades higher when the underlying sector moves lower...such that they have an inverse relationship, and some have a 2x or 200% inverse relationship (some are 200% of the underlying sector, almost like a free margin of 2x your account). These are good to buy in descending trends in qualified only accounts, such as IRAs...where you can only buy or go long in these accounts.
Yep, I currently have QID and EEV in my portfolio. QID has a 200% inverse relationship with the Nasdaq. Everything was going well today until 2 o'clock or so rolled around and everything went downhill from there.

No matter, the recession isn't over yet, nor have we hit bottom.

What financial website do you write for?

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2008, 01:15 PM   #66
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Artificial or not, up it goes.