BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-12-2006, 07:24 PM   #1
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Recommendation for Boston moving company?

Anyone have a moving company that they like in Boston? (It's hard to fit the couches and bed in the e90)

Thanks,
J49

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.

Last edited by Josh49; 07-12-2006 at 07:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 07:44 PM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Hi Josh. I know that you should NOT go with Gentile Giant. They've had a few exposee's that I've seen, for waay above average damage percentages, and holding people's belongings hostage while they take their time getting it to you.

My brother in law is an owner/operator for United, and he's a great mover, but I can't vouch that you'd get him, or even be able to request him. He's out of United Humboldt office. PM me if you want. I can ask him for alternatives, based on your locale and where you are moving to.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #3
CnoteMD
Commander in Chief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 535i

Garage List
2008 M5  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Wow, I guess I was very fortunate. I used Gentle Giant for an in-town move when I lived in Boston. They didn't damage anything and overall, it was a reasonable experience.

I used a company called Road Warrior Movers when I moved from Boston to Brooklyn, NY. They were EXCELLENT. They didn't damage a thing and the prices were reasonable. Granted its been a few years since I used thier services, but I would highly recommend them.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #4
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lni
Hi Josh. I know that you should NOT go with Gentile Giant. They've had a few exposee's that I've seen, for waay above average damage percentages, and holding people's belongings hostage while they take their time getting it to you.

My brother in law is an owner/operator for United, and he's a great mover, but I can't vouch that you'd get him, or even be able to request him. He's out of United Humboldt office. PM me if you want. I can ask him for alternatives, based on your locale and where you are moving to.
pm sent. Thanks for the headsup re: gentle giant

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2006, 07:53 AM   #5
Josh49
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CnoteMD
Wow, I guess I was very fortunate. I used Gentle Giant for an in-town move when I lived in Boston. They didn't damage anything and overall, it was a reasonable experience.

I used a company called Road Warrior Movers when I moved from Boston to Brooklyn, NY. They were EXCELLENT. They didn't damage a thing and the prices were reasonable. Granted its been a few years since I used thier services, but I would highly recommend them.
Thanks for the recommendation, I gave them a try and no one picked up. I'll try giving them a call later in the day...

Thanks,
J49

Appreciate 0