BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

06-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #1
RsiaSMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 530i E60 SMG

E60 Halo/angel Eyes Upgrade Help

LOOKING FOR SOME HELP ON AN UPGRADE FOR MY HALOS, I KNOW THAT THIS GETS BROUGHT UP A LOT SO PLEASE DONT HATE BUT I STILL HAVE NOT FOUND ANYTHING THAT WILL HELP ME. AFTER SOME SEARCHING I HAD SOME QUESTIONS AND ALSO LOOKING FOR A FEW OPINIONS... WELL FIRST OFF MY CAR IS A 2007 530i E60, FROM WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE THERE ARE SOME SETS OF LIGHTS THAT THROW A LIGHT OR ERROR, SO I DONT KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BOUGHT A SET THAT DOES NOT DO THIS, OR CAN RECCOMEND A SET, I WOULD LIKE THEM TO MATCH THE XENON HEADLIGHTS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF M TECH V2? I SEEN A COMPARISON PICTURE OF THIS SET AND THE PIAA SET AND THE V2 LOOKS ALOT BRIGHTER. I JUST DO NOT KNOW WHERE TO BUY THEM.I JUST BOUGHT THE CAR LITTLE LESS THAN A MONTH AGO AND AM JUST TRYING TO KEEP IT CLEAN. I HAVE A BOUGHT A FEW OTHER THINGS AS WELL AND THE HALOS ARE THE LAST THING TO GET DONE.

LIST OF ITEMS, AVANT M310 WHEELS, HANKOOK TIRES, BLACK KIDNEY GRILLES, K&N DROP IN, ST COILOVERS, WINDOWS ARE TINTED AND AWAITING RESPONSE FOR SOME IMPUT ON HALOS
      06-07-2012, 08:53 AM   #2
patryanvb
Rep
Drives: '08 535xi

I have an '08 and just installed the BMS arc angels. Much whiter, cheap, easy to install but your car a year earlier (might be a tougher install)
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2012, 09:32 AM   #3
RsiaSMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patryanvb View Post
I have an '08 and just installed the BMS arc angels. Much whiter, cheap, easy to install but your car a year earlier (might be a tougher install)
can you post the website or link to where you got them? also was there any error code or light that came on?

by any chance have any pics?, thanks
      06-08-2012, 01:50 PM   #4
patryanvb
Rep
Drives: '08 535xi

http://burgertuning.com/BMW_Angel_Eyes_H8_Bulbs.html

I'm just not sure if your '07 has H8 connectors though. I don't have a picture but could try to get one.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #5
mleedom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 550i M-Sport

Just got ARC HID angle eyes bulbs today, not very impressed!!! Figured for $20 it's worth a shot. Don't let the pics on the site fool you, remember taking a photo always pics up more light than what your seeing in person. Don't get me wrong they are whiter than stock but definitely not brighter. I ordered LUX H8 v3 today... now I'm anxiously waiting for those to arrive... Save the $20 bucks and don't buy ARC bulbs. I"ll reply once my LUX are installed-hopefully they get here before the weekend.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #6
RsiaSMG
United_States
Rep

sweet deal, thanks for the heads up, look forward to seeing the pics. i have yet to still purchase them, this week ive been installing my cpoilovers and then took my new wheels n tires to firestone and they scrached 3 of 4 new wheels and 3 of 4 stock wheels, waiting on new swet of wheels from them and also getting oem ones repaired, puts me out of a car for a week wtf, oh well... saves me gas and lets me fget other stuff done
      07-11-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
mleedom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Lux angel eyes are out for delivery after waiting 1 month for shipping. I will post pics later today once installed. They better be awesome or I'm going to be pissed and return them.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2012, 04:18 PM   #8
mleedom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Lux Angel Eyes installed H8 V3. Let me start by saying I never really recommend products unless they exceed my abnormally high standards...I know I have a serious problem :-) and I'm always skeptical of marketing fluff on websites but not this time. Wow... I'm really impressed with these LED's. All of the pictures on the internet I Googled definitely don't do them justice. They are significantly brighter than I expected and they are relatively close to the new OEM LED's you see on the new model BMW's. The outer ring is not as bright as the new models but that was expected since the tube design in the E60's sucked. The outer ring is still very bright considering the design. Don't let that deter you from buying them its truly the best $245 I've spent on my car so far. I fell in love with my headlights all over again and cant say enough about how great they look.

The install took about 20 minutes because I had a hard time fitting my hand down by the light housing. Follow the directions on their website and it will be a very simple install... I promise.

I will update this post with pictures once I have more free time.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about these lights.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mleedom View Post
Lux Angel Eyes installed H8 V3. Let me start by saying I never really recommend products unless they exceed my abnormally high standards...I know I have a serious problem :-) and I'm always skeptical of marketing fluff on websites but not this time. Wow... I'm really impressed with these LED's. All of the pictures on the internet I Googled definitely don't do them justice. They are significantly brighter than I expected and they are relatively close to the new OEM LED's you see on the new model BMW's. The outer ring is not as bright as the new models but that was expected since the tube design in the E60's sucked. The outer ring is still very bright considering the design. Don't let that deter you from buying them its truly the best $245 I've spent on my car so far. I fell in love with my headlights all over again and cant say enough about how great they look.

The install took about 20 minutes because I had a hard time fitting my hand down by the light housing. Follow the directions on their website and it will be a very simple install... I promise.

I will update this post with pictures once I have more free time.

Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions about these lights.

Awesome review!!! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #10
RsiaSMG
United_States
Rep

i couldnt find the lux for my car and, also tried to take the headlight out/apart just to look and see how that worked and it was being retarded, im guessing i need to take the bumper off? i could not find a way to remove the headlight with out screwing anything up so i just put it all back together.

mleedom... have you got any pictures of the lights? im usually pretty mechanically inclined, i put a suspension on the car no issues and i cant even change a bulb haha i feel lame.