BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

08-15-2020, 05:37 AM   #89
msk340i
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i M sport

I just noticed the comments about Vettel riding the curbs and jumping. It really amazes me how the viewer perception is affected by TV coverage. All the drivers are riding the curb in the final chicane. Bottas had three wheels up in the air then landed in a huge oversteer. Kvyat had a four wheel lift off. Albon landed hard on the front right he lost pressure and they had to pit him to change tires. But the director showed us Vettel flying so he's the only one doing it? Lol smh weird how opinions can be changed by media coverage (same goes for eeeeverything in life).

Not to mention Bottas going off roading on the gravel. If Vettel went off roading social media would light up with comments

Last edited by msk340i; 08-15-2020 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 06:18 AM   #90
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Ocon's crash was one of the weirdest accidents really..
and i guess new chassis is not working for Vettel as well there was a half second difference this time..

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
I just noticed the comments about Vettel riding the curbs and jumping. It really amazes me how the viewer perception is affected by TV coverage. All the drivers are riding the curb in the final chicane. Bottas had three wheels up in the air then landed in a huge oversteer. Kvyat had a four wheel lift off. Albon landed hard on the front right he lost pressure and they had to pit him to change tires. But the director showed us Vettel flying so he's the only one doing it? Lol smh weird how opinions can be changed by media coverage (same goes for eeeeverything in life).

Not to mention Bottas going off roading on the gravel. If Vettel went off roading social media would light up with comments
touching a kerb, getting over a kerb and hitting a kerb is all different things..
the kerb i told dont remember was in FP1 or 2 Vettel hit the curb and flew over.. he thought car d understeer but it didnt.. and its normal that Vettel attracts more than Albon etc.. he has 4 WDC even if the last one was 7 years ago..

edit: here it is..

Last edited by yco; 08-15-2020 at 06:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 06:46 AM   #91
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
and i guess new chassis is not working for Vettel as well there was a half second difference this time..

touching a kerb, getting over a kerb and hitting a kerb is all different things..
the kerb i told dont remember was in FP1 or 2 Vettel hit the curb and flew over.. he thought car d understeer but it didnt.. and its normal that Vettel attracts more than Albon etc.. he has 4 WDC even if the last one was 7 years ago..

Ay ay ay... This is exactly what I'm talking about. When he said he understeered do you really think Vettel doesn't know what understeer is? I understand that you're biased against him but let's use some brain here. He understeered into T13, went deep, so the turn into T14 was steep (that's what caused riding the curbs) to get a good entrance and a good exit out of T15. A lot of drivers do that when the understeer or turn late into T13. Bias sometimes can make a person look stupid when I know they're not.

Ocon was looking in the mirror and totally misjudged the speed of Haas and the approaching Williams so he took evading measures and crashed.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #92
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Ay ay ay... This is exactly what I'm talking about. When he said he understeered do you really think Vettel doesn't know what understeer is? I understand that you're biased against him but let's use some brain here. He understeered into T13, went deep, so the turn into T14 was steep (that's what caused riding the curbs) to get a good entrance and a good exit out of T15. A lot of drivers do that when the understeer or turn late into T13. Bias sometimes can make a person look stupid when I know they're not.

Ocon was looking in the mirror and totally misjudged the speed of Haas and the approaching Williams so he took evading measures and crashed.
he didnt understeer car turned much better than he thought they re just split seconds decisions and each driver makes such errors many times everyday..

look my friend yes im not a fan of Vettel but his recent state turned into something really sad that i want him be good on track as well.. and keeping eye on his laps, mood etc and its still not going well.. a bit better this weekend so far... soon only thing Ferrari hasnt change d be his mindset of blaming other things almost all the time.. i hope he can have a better weekend this time.. otherwise a guy born in almost '98 keeps crushing him continuously with the same car its not fun to watch at all even for me..

edit: its a bit long but a nice talk..

Last edited by yco; 08-15-2020 at 07:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 07:21 AM   #93
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
he didnt understeer car turned much better than he thought they re just split seconds decisions and each driver makes such errors many times everyday..

look my friend yes im not a fan of Vettel but his recent state turned into something really sad that i want him be good on track as well.. and keeping eye on his laps, mood etc and its still not going well.. a bit better this weekend so far... soon only thing Ferrari hasnt change d be his mindset of blaming other things almost all the time.. i hope he can have a better weekend this time.. otherwise a guy born in almost '98 keeps crushing him continuously with the same car its not fun to watch at all even for me..

edit: its a bit long but a nice talk..

I hear you but it looks like you're not familiar with the track layout and the number of the turns and at which turn he rode the curb but ok... It's always a nice talk 👍
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 07:35 AM   #94
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
I hear you but it looks like you're not familiar with the track layout and the number of the turns and at which turn he rode the curb but ok... It's always a nice talk ��

you re telling the story behind im telling the thing that happened.. if there is an understeer here please tell me here.. just look at the rear wheel rotation speed according to the fronts.. if you re telling the story behind to defense Vettel no need to.. cause i didnt made fun of him cause every driver misjudge corners everyday.. its a part of the game.. i ve just said i hope he wont break the chassis before the race again cause it s chance for him to have proper race weekend this time.. maybe..

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=578215179513607

and for the bias forgot to say.. im dealing with heavy "bias" towards Hamilton here my friend.. and for such a driver that won in every car he has beeen in for his entire racing career, great in battles, broke almost all the records.. its funny.. so comparing to that my possible bias is nothing according the average.. i just want to see a proper Vettel back again thats all.. and the last time we ve seen his that version is now i guess 2 years away...
      08-15-2020, 09:00 AM   #95
msk340i
Major
Rep

Vettel 2 tenths down on Leclerc is actually good being his first in this car
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #96
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:

you re telling the story behind im telling the thing that happened.. if there is an understeer here please tell me here.. just look at the rear wheel rotation speed according to the fronts.. if you re telling the story behind to defense Vettel no need to.. cause i didnt made fun of him cause every driver misjudge corners everyday.. its a part of the game.. i ve just said i hope he wont break the chassis before the race again cause it s chance for him to have proper race weekend this time.. maybe..

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=578215179513607

and for the bias forgot to say.. im dealing with heavy "bias" towards Hamilton here my friend.. and for such a driver that won in every car he has beeen in for his entire racing career, great in battles, broke almost all the records.. its funny.. so comparing to that my possible bias is nothing according the average.. i just want to see a proper Vettel back again thats all.. and the last time we ve seen his that version is now i guess 2 years away...
You won't see him simply because he doesn't adapt well to new car concepts and the ferraris of the second half of 2018, 2019, and 2020 don't suit him.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #97
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

its great to see Merc's are still pushing to stay ahead.. i hope tires can handle the rhythm tomorrow doesnt look that bad so far..

im so glad to see Albon closer to the front this time..
he still clearly needs more speed to catch Max but at least now he is on the right direction well done Albon and RB's..

things are looking messy with both Ferrari drivers i hope their race will be better tomorrow at least.. Racing Points are clearly faster than them and RP's race pace got much better last weekend probably it ll continue this weekend as well.. because they focused highly on the race so far in practices..

Quote:
You won't see him simply because he doesn't adapt well to new car concepts and the ferraris of the second half of 2018, 2019, and 2020 don't suit him.
up to this year he was leading the car developments for its characteristics maybe this years car is different but not suiting is weak word i believe really.. yes Vettel was the best for blown diffuser era but it was long time ago now.. i meant everything started from when he was off the track when he was leading in Germany car wasnt the case then...
Vettel looks older badly.. i dont think the biggest problem is going on with the car at the moment..
      08-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #98
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

Ocon's deserved fate !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      08-15-2020, 09:49 AM   #99
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
its great to see Merc's are still pushing to stay ahead.. i hope tires can handle the rhythm tomorrow doesnt look that bad so far..

im so glad to see Albon closer to the front this time..
he still clearly needs more speed to catch Max but at least now he is on the right direction well done Albon and RB's..

things are looking messy with both Ferrari drivers i hope their race will be better tomorrow at least.. Racing Points are clearly faster than them and RP's race pace got much better last weekend probably it ll continue this weekend as well.. because they focused highly on the race so far in practices..

up to this year he was leading the car developments for its characteristics maybe this years car is different but not suiting is weak word i believe really.. yes Vettel was the best for blown diffuser era but it was long time ago now.. i meant everything started from when he was off the track when he was leading in Germany car wasnt the case then...
Vettel looks older badly.. i dont think the biggest problem is going on with the car at the moment..
Dude why do you keep repeating that blown diffuser broken record when the season testing started with both RB's and McLarens with blown diffuser then all of the cars had it by the third or fourth race. Please read more about F1 development history or follow the sucked of Giorgio Piola. The blown diffuser isn't exclusive to Red Bull.
What you're saying is there same exact thing you keep defending when people say Hamilton is winning because of his car.
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #100
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Ocon's deserved fate !
Hahahaha I was waiting for your comment on this. That was very stupid of him. Looking on the mirror and estimating approaching cars speed isn't his strongest suit
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 10:06 AM   #101
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
They'll probably grab Gioviazzi if Vet walks and shove Schumacher into AR.. VET's banging that 1000 into the kerbs as if they were part of the track!
The QF was like usual the same old story ..
In the race MAX will go for P2 ASAP , won't be easy . As we know Catalunya is very difficult to overtake .
But further in the race ,the best tires will win this race anyway ....
Attached Images

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      08-15-2020, 10:33 AM   #102
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

My MBelgium friend -

Spanish GP podium:
P1: VER
P2: HAM
P3: BOT
      08-15-2020, 11:29 AM   #103
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
My MBelgium friend -

Spanish GP podium:
P1: VER
P2: HAM
P3: BOT
Yeah my friend . Let us hope so !
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      08-15-2020, 11:36 AM   #104
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

DAS works also in the pit !

Appreciate 2
M5Rick58885.50
MKSixer34171.50
      08-15-2020, 11:49 AM   #105
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Hahahaha I was waiting for your comment on this. That was very stupid of him. Looking on the mirror and estimating approaching cars speed isn't his strongest suit
That's for sure mate . Hopefully tomorrow he will do the same . Ocon is a piece of Shi* !
Mate I'm so sorry for SEB , hope he can finish in front of Lecrash !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      08-15-2020, 12:16 PM   #106
yco
i'm just saying
Rep

Quote:
Dude why do you keep repeating that blown diffuser broken record when the season testing started with both RB's and McLarens with blown diffuser then all of the cars had it by the third or fourth race. Please read more about F1 development history or follow the sucked of Giorgio Piola. The blown diffuser isn't exclusive to Red Bull.
What you're saying is there same exact thing you keep defending when people say Hamilton is winning because of his car.
i ve said blown diffuser era didnt say exclusively Red Bull was using it is this a joke..
because great Vettel was ended with blown diffusers when you look at his entire career in a big downtrend afterwards.. blown diffuser era's driving style was different than these days was actually a bit unnatural.. pushing throttle more for back end grip.. and for me saying things like car doesnt suit him in last 2-3 years is like i guess Ericsson hit us.. no Ericsson didnt hit us.. Ferrari was adoring him until last year which is like 5 years of time.. its not like he used drive with 4 wheels but now he has 3.. im not saying Ferrari was the best team since he had joined but he had chance to be a champ again at least 2 seasons.. and he blew it and then things started to fall apart with Ferrari actually thanks to Italian press as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
DAS works also in the pit !

DAS for life mate..
the other day i ve seen a comment..

Merc finds DAS, FIA bans it.. Merc' makes a perfect party mode, FIA bans it..
sad story..

08-15-2020, 12:40 PM   #107
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

DAS for life mate..

sad story..

There is a reason mate => "Equality in machinery" !
The Merc with the Party-Mode make look the other drivers like retarded fools in cars !
Car wins the race , not the driver ...The fault is the FIA !

FIA banned the Ferrari Jet-Mode ! Luckily they did !
Get ready mate , to see your boy whining ...MAX will take him down !

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      08-15-2020, 01:03 PM   #108
msk340i
Major
Rep

Quote:
i ve said blown diffuser era didnt say exclusively Red Bull was using it is this a joke..
because great Vettel was ended with blown diffusers when you look at his entire career in a big downtrend afterwards.. blown diffuser era's driving style was different than these days was actually a bit unnatural.. pushing throttle more for back end grip.. and for me saying things like car doesnt suit him in last 2-3 years is like i guess Ericsson hit us.. no Ericsson didnt hit us.. Ferrari was adoring him until last year which is like 5 years of time.. its not like he used drive with 4 wheels but now he has 3.. im not saying Ferrari was the best team since he had joined but he had chance to be a champ again at least 2 seasons.. and he blew it and then things started to fall apart with Ferrari actually thanks to Italian press as well..

DAS for life mate..

sad story..

Ok I'm not going to go any deeper into Vettel's issue.
But let me correct you here, Vettel drove during the 2010s when the off throttle blowing was controlled by engine mapping, he didn't drive in the 1980s when it was controlled by the drivers right foot... He wasn't even born then 😂
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2020, 02:24 PM   #109
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

WEC :Today the 6h OF SPA | THOMAS LAURENT MASSIVE CRASH !
Went on the grass and lost it , but Thomas Laurent is ok !

Appreciate 2
yco5722.50
M5Rick58885.50
      08-15-2020, 02:26 PM   #110
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
4 Mercedes in the top 5 in qualifying...Still comical at this point.
Appreciate 2