BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-22-2011, 07:55 PM   #23
xerox445
Damenslip-Tropfer
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

I would break up with her over text right now, beat her to the chase. If shes preggers or cheating, you want to be out of the situation now anyway. If things have been going pretty good, and all of a sudden she wants to break it off, that just means she found someone else shes intrested in, and is trying to let you down softly.

If you set on meeting her, tell her that you will drive, and come pick her up. That alone gives you somewhat of the upper hand. If shes going to break it off, she will insist that she drives or will meet you somewhere, as opposed to you picking her up.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 07:56 PM   #24
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

A few things..

1. Don't show her you're sad or upset. Just be like "okay, peace" .. it'll make her want you back, and then you can be the one to say no. If you show that you're all upset, she knows she can have you back whenever she wants, if she gets bored of all the other guys she might want to be with. If you act like you don't care, it's like a freaking switch in their brain. Everyone wants what they can't have.

2. Going with #1, afterwards, go out and have a good time. Seek company from the opposite sex because it'll make you feel better. Seek company from your bros as well, because it'll make you forget about her. But if you have positive attention coming from girls, then it'll help you realize how narrow minded you've been thinking that this one girl is everything.

3. Going with #2.. I met my current girlfriend (of almost 2 years) the DAY AFTER I broke up with my then girlfriend of 4 years. Me and a friend brought her and a friend to a club, looking for just a good time. We ended up really connecting, and now I'm very happy with her. There are plenty of women and the world doesn't work like "she's my soulmate" or "she's the only one", there are just multiple levels of compatibility and if you rid yourself of this girl, it's always exciting meeting someone new and seeing how well you click.

4. Get crunk.

5. Four months really isn't all that long. You didn't even get past the "honeymoon phase".. that shit isn't meant to be. But you had fun and you can look back on it and smile (eventually).

6. It's okay to be sad. Sadness is natural. It's okay to feel depressed and feel like you need some friends/family/hell even pets to lean on. That's what friends/family/pets are for.

7. Without a girlfriend, you realize how much extra time you have right? Time to get in better shape at the gym, time to take relaxing drives instead of driving to the mall with her, time to see movies YOU want to see, time to get some extra work done, start a project, pick up a hobby, or just relax and sleep more. Possibilities are endless.

8. You drive a BMW, live in the United States, have family and friends who love you, and probably live a comfortable life. You're not a poor hungry person in a third world country. Sounds cheesy to say it, but you gotta look at the big picture!

Enjoy life mang

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:01 PM   #25
AlwayzUnce
Petey G
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

^^^what he said + what i said
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #26
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

^Didn't see what you wrote, I was typing away my own response. But I agree with everything you said as well. Droppin wisdom

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:07 PM   #27
3_runner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote me.... "Well, that's a bit of a surprise, I have to say. But I think its for the best. Don't get me wrong, I'll morn you for like a day, but then I'll get over it. I wish you best and whoever you end up with will be a lucky man." Hung it out. Walk away. Go home and start calling her best friend.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:23 PM   #28
AlwayzUnce
Petey G
Rep
Drives: 2011 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_runner View Post
Quote me.... "Well, that's a bit of a surprise, I have to say. But I think its for the best. Don't get me wrong, I'll morn you for like a day, but then I'll get over it. I wish you best and whoever you end up with will be a lucky man." Hung it out. Walk away. Go home and start calling her best friend.
Petey G likes this.

Please let us all know what happened buddy!
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:39 PM   #29
OC Guy
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 335D E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Live n learn, stay classy, no regrets.

Current: 2010 Alpine White 335D LCI l 19" BBS LMs l KW V2 Coilovers l BMW Performance Grilles l MSport Front/Rear l Karbonwerke Trunk l F1 Pinnacle Tint 35% Former: E92 Space Grey 335i Latest pics
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:55 PM   #30
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Don't be a bitch.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #31
BlackSaphr
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Am I the only one that thinks this guy is trolling? I mean 4 months is nothing unless OP is 16..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #32
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
A few things..

1. Don't show her you're sad or upset. Just be like "okay, peace" .. it'll make her want you back, and then you can be the one to say no. If you show that you're all upset, she knows she can have you back whenever she wants, if she gets bored of all the other guys she might want to be with. If you act like you don't care, it's like a freaking switch in their brain. Everyone wants what they can't have.

2. Going with #1, afterwards, go out and have a good time. Seek company from the opposite sex because it'll make you feel better. Seek company from your bros as well, because it'll make you forget about her. But if you have positive attention coming from girls, then it'll help you realize how narrow minded you've been thinking that this one girl is everything.

3. Going with #2.. I met my current girlfriend (of almost 2 years) the DAY AFTER I broke up with my then girlfriend of 4 years. Me and a friend brought her and a friend to a club, looking for just a good time. We ended up really connecting, and now I'm very happy with her. There are plenty of women and the world doesn't work like "she's my soulmate" or "she's the only one", there are just multiple levels of compatibility and if you rid yourself of this girl, it's always exciting meeting someone new and seeing how well you click.

4. Get crunk.

5. Four months really isn't all that long. You didn't even get past the "honeymoon phase".. that shit isn't meant to be. But you had fun and you can look back on it and smile (eventually).

6. It's okay to be sad. Sadness is natural. It's okay to feel depressed and feel like you need some friends/family/hell even pets to lean on. That's what friends/family/pets are for.

7. Without a girlfriend, you realize how much extra time you have right? Time to get in better shape at the gym, time to take relaxing drives instead of driving to the mall with her, time to see movies YOU want to see, time to get some extra work done, start a project, pick up a hobby, or just relax and sleep more. Possibilities are endless.

8. You drive a BMW, live in the United States, have family and friends who love you, and probably live a comfortable life. You're not a poor hungry person in a third world country. Sounds cheesy to say it, but you gotta look at the big picture!

Enjoy life mang
Wow, a post in OT that actually isn't fucking retarded
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 11:46 PM   #33
vioaltec
Sasha Fierce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 3 series coupe

either she's pregnant, cheated on you and gave you an std or she's a lesbian
      09-23-2011, 02:54 AM   #34
fatgrandma
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1speedbike View Post
A few things..

4. Get crunk.

Enjoy life mang
Wow... that from a guy who has "fuck bitches, get pizza" in his signature .

+1
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 08:42 AM   #35
AU335i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwayzUnce View Post
was with my girl for almost 7 years... some fights and shit, few short breakups... but she was my best friend in the world, havent talked to her in over 4 months, shes with someone else..

i was heartbroken for a while, i still hurt.. i still think about her everyday, and if i played my cards right i bet i would be with her right now, but im not... and the main reason being...

BECAUSE I SPILLED MY HEART AND GAVE A FUCK... ignorance is bliss, move on, chill with girls, IGNORE, dont call dont text dont write gay little facebook statii and tweets, JUST IGNORE...

she'll be back, and youll be gone...

I PROMISE

^that. girls enjoy fucking with your head. dont give them power at all...

working out also keeps your mind off things and gives you self-confidence that helps the healing process alot!

op hasn't responded, guess he got the bad news
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:01 AM   #36
ES_TRADER
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328i, 335i, M3, 535i, X5, 36M

Garage List
2014 Ford Raptor  [0.00]
2012 328i E92  [10.00]
2013 X5  [0.00]
2013 335i F30  [8.00]
1990 Toyota Previa  [0.00]
1997 E36 M3  [10.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
2011 535i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vioaltec View Post
either she's pregnant, cheated on you and gave you an std or she's a lesbian
u cant get STDs over the phone
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:11 AM   #37
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

She is actually pregnant... Have fun raising my kid OP!
      09-23-2011, 09:15 AM   #38
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
lol FAIL
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:25 AM   #39
fun ticket
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ford Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugomaidem View Post
Saw the other post and figured I'd post my story too. Things were going pretty well for the past 4 months we've been dating. Some rocky times too though and I had some doubts but was willing to keep going and seeing if we could overcome them. Recently, we've been doing well up until this text exchange a few minutes ago...

Her : Do you have anything planned after dinner?
Me: Nope
Me: You have something in mind?
Her: Actually, can we skip dinner if you don't mind? I think I need to talk to you
Me: Sounds serious. Good or bad?
Her: I don't want to talk about it over txts.
Me: Where would you like to talk?
Her: Somewhere quiet and private.

I know people are pretty rambunctious in here but I'm kind of heartbroken, so I'm hoping for some compassionate advice and not any slams or jokes...
If you are sure she is not pregnant, then consider this:

1. Four months is not a long time, you mentioned it was rocky and if so in four months, it was not going to last. Better to get out now.
2. If you do meet her and it is not the pregnant deal (if it is, do the right thing, please) then take control of the meeting. If she starts the I'm breaking up with you message, take over with statements like, "yeah, i agree, it was not working for me either and I have been entertaining this as well....i think it is best for both of us.....i wish u the best, etc.". Keep your chin up during the meeting....don't puss out.
3. Do not offer to keep in touch, lunch as friends, etc. End it, walk away.
4. You will get over it
5. There are others out there
6. She may come back later after she plays with her new bf (pretty sure she already has him identified, sorry). Your call as to whether you take her back.

Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #40
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC 335i View Post
Live n learn, stay classy, no regrets.
This
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:40 PM   #41
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Sounds just like my EX, lmao. Wasn't long either. Walked away and got over it...

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Last edited by Nutballa; 09-23-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #42
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post
where are the god DAMN! results?!@
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:27 PM   #43