BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

04-08-2009, 04:32 PM   #1
jk6672
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 m3 6MT

my feelings

Sory, but I had to post this because of the following thread that was closed:

"Make no mistake, the cops see us clearly "

I have to say something about the ignorance that I have been reading regards to COPS. Every profession I can think of has good and bad working within the ranks, and I believe that “Cops” get a bad rap because they work in the public eye. What do people talk about? They take about anything and everything that is corrupt and evil in this world. How often do you hear the news talk about something positive that a public servant has done or accomplished? Extremely rare, and it’s not because of the rarity either. I’m going to come out of the closet, my wife and I might not be street cops or highway patrol, but we are Federal Law enforcement. We attended college, spent time in the Marine Corps, and now spent our time doing the very best we can to make this country a better place for our children to grow up in. We put our life on the line every day conducting drug interdiction operations and preventing the furtherance of illegal immigration into the U.S. We are the most unappreciative public servants that I can think of, that have accomplish so much good for this county. Know body wants to see a cop, but everyone calls one when they need help.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
your feelings? boo-fucking-hoo.

sorry, but i have to go into the asshole mode for a minute and remind you of some things. i have no idea who you are, so nothing personal here.

why don't we hear about good cops on TV? because its their JOB to be good and do positive things. If we followed by your logic half of the TV programming would be stories about good cops. Stop your crying. You and your wife made the choice to work in law *ENFORCEMENT*, so you have to deal with all the consequences that come with the job. Sometimes your job is to force people to do what they don't want to do, but you knew that, right? Right? You knew that it will not win you many friends, but will surely create a whole lot of enemies. Yes, you guys are always in public eye (again, by choice), so the ones among you who abuse their power will surely get noticed, unfortunately sometimes it happens later than sooner. Some do good jobs at hiding their true colors, but some are so blatantly abusive and narcissistic that they stick out like a sore thumb right away.

Also, the crimes and abuses of power by members of law enforcement are so widespread, that its hard to not notice them and not generalize that every cop is the same way.

Your job is to serve and protect, not be some kind of celebrity. It is also your job and your debt to the public to single out and get rid of the criminals among you, but for some reason many law enforcement departments chose to ignore things done by their own.

i can go on and on about this, but i rather stop.

again, no offense, but this is my opinion and i chose to express it.
      04-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #3
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

cops get a bad rap because of things like this http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ap...police-assault
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #4
jk6672
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 m3 6MT

thats funny, now that I look back i shouldn't have selected that word. sounds a little gay. I'm not crying about anything, people get tickets fro breaking the law and it's the cops falt they were ticketed, now that's crying.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #5
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
cops get a bad rap because of things like this http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/ap...police-assault
That's fucking terrible.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #6
solefald
Nigerian Prince
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk6672 View Post
thats funny, now that I look back i shouldn't have selected that word. sounds a little gay. I'm not crying about anything, people get tickets fro breaking the law and it's the cops falt they were ticketed, now that's crying.
There are also people who get tickets for nothing. How about an *IMPROPER FOOTWEAR* ticket that i got riding a bike? You've heard anything like that? The judge haven't either and the ticket was thrown out.... after i killed all fucking day in traffic court.

Many traffic cops also lack any kind of compassion and give tickets just because they can (im not sure how true this "monthly ticket quota" thing is), but i've seen people get tickets for going 70 on 65!

There are also unarmed people who get shot by police...
What about the crazy naked unarmed guy who got tasered by a cop and fell off the 2nd floor to his death?
What about the guy who got shot by a BART cop in the back while laying face down on the ground?
What about the guy in Texas who ran a red light on the way to a hospital to attend to his dying mother in law and the cop refused to let him go and she died while the cop was writing a ticket?
What about border patrol agents smuggling drugs and illegal immigrants into the country?
What about a cop who was signing off on tickets in exchange for sex?

And how about CHP officer Craig Peyer? Ever heard of him? No?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Peyer

But yes, i absolutely agree, there are good cops and bad cops, just like there are good and bad people in every profession, but unlike others cops have power, and power corrupts people. This has been proven time after time after time, for thousands of years. And im not trying to say you are bad or corrupted by power, just showing you *some* examples that shape public's opinions about law enforcement

Also, people do not like politicians, probably for the same reasons

Oh, and btw Forensic Files is one of my favorite TV shows, so i know all about good cops
      04-08-2009, 09:53 PM   #7
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

I had to check to make sure I was on E90post, thought I was on ramblings-of-a-menopausal-woman.com
      04-08-2009, 09:55 PM   #8
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

whose body do you know?

btw, I agree with solefald

Quote:
Know body wants to see a cop, but everyone calls one when they need help.
      04-08-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
drift90
1st gear newbie
Canada
Rep
Drives: Its rather sexy

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
amgthis
Tire Racks
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M Coupè

Quote:
      04-09-2009, 12:02 AM   #11
Reefermadness
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G35

KRS One "Sound of Da Police"

Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:17 AM   #12
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
So you judge America officers by the actions of british officers?

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 01:42 AM   #13
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post

Doesn't matter...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:30 AM   #14
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

Its good to hear you admit you are unnappreciative public servants. No tax paying private secotr worker wants public employees making scads of cash, especially not M3 kinds of cash. Plus all that overtime you get paid for is most likely to bust drug dealers (I read into your post that you are either DEA, ICE or Homeland.) Sure you didn't write the laws, but you are a cog in the engine of our overoppressive government which has strayed so far from the vision of our founding fathers that it takes the worlds largest defense and police force, largest quantity of written law and highest number and percentage of imprisoned populace just to keep the people from revolting. The only hope our country has left is if the whole system finally bankrupts itself, because the shell game we are playing just can't continue forever.
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:37 AM   #15
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougLikesBMW View Post
Doesn't matter...
really? Prove it

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 06:40 AM   #16
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:

wtf are you talking about? show me where i mentioned either british or american officers.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 07:56 AM   #17
JB135i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

As stated a bunch of times in this very thread, there are good and bad people in every profession.

A bad employee at McDonalds nets you cold coffee or soggy fries.

A bad cop CAN get you tazed, shot, wrongfully convicted or beat with a stick.

Still a bad employee in both scenarios, and I bet they even share similar deficiencies in their respective personalities. But the end result of this causes real harm with a bad cop and not just a bad lunch.

I know a few cops in real life, none are close friends, and all those seem to be good people. But I have been pulled over by the power-tripping head case ones a couple times too. And even at that level of "attitude" it can be very unpleasant. The demeanor of those guys were WAY out of proportion for a simple and minor moving violation.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 08:31 AM   #18
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 325i; F10 528i; 2002tii

It may be true that only a minority of law enforcement officers are arrogant, thugs and/or corrupt.

But if those of you who are not these things want respect you have to stop protecting the ones who are. In fact you should be even more offended by their behavior than the general public that is victimized by them. But I see no signs of that.

And lets not forget that “testilying” is a police term. Not a drug dealer's term, not a felon's term, not a jailhouse term. A police term.

Respect is not a right, it is earned. It should have been easy for the LEO community to have earned the public's respect, after all you guys started out on the "good side". So if you don't have it the problem is very close to home.

Last edited by 742; 04-09-2009 at 08:32 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 08:55 AM   #19
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

http://www.keyetv.com/mostpopular/st...ChQv4xKkQ.cspx
      04-09-2009, 11:30 AM   #20
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
wtf are you talking about? show me where i mentioned either british or american officers.
the link you posted is about British officers so wtf are you talking about.

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
the link you posted is about British officers so wtf are you talking about.
Addy, i believe John was giving an example of law inforcement in general, not only american or british. No need to get hot headed about it, both of you.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #22
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Cops need to watch out because the people are going to push back hard. There is only so much harassment and subjugation that will be accepted before there is a huge backlash.