BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-07-2009, 05:33 PM   #23
nlakind
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 | E30 M3 || '51 Ford F1

hey, i live in beverly hills, work in hollywood..feel free to PM me if you & ur girl want a tour or need to get in to any clubs..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #24
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E30 325i

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlakind View Post
hey, i live in beverly hills, work in hollywood..feel free to PM me if you & ur girl want a tour or need to get in to any clubs..
sweet. thanks for the hospitality. I'll contact you if we have trouble planning out the 2 days that we'll be there. Most likely we won't be going clubbing that weekend but maybe a nice bar/lounge?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 11:56 PM   #25
Jammin Jason
We run LA
Ras al-Khaimah
Rep
Drives: Slow E90

Garage List
06 E90  [0.00]
i've lived in Los Angeles county all my life and i never even seen the "Hollywood" Sign in person...-___- fail.

well theres always santa monica pier and old town pasadena (lots of places available to eat) you can go to.
      04-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #26
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin Jason View Post
i've lived in Los Angeles county all my life and i never even seen the "Hollywood" Sign in person...-___- fail.

well theres always santa monica pier and old town pasadena (lots of places available to eat) you can go to.
yeah i think if we had more time we'd go there. i've been to old town pasadena back when i was in college. Since we are so limited on time we plan on staying in that vicinity. Next time we'll make it a longer visit. Thanks for the suggestion though
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 10:34 AM   #27
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phiberglass View Post
Nothing.
thanks dude. i'll make sure we go do that
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 11:43 PM   #28
bimmergirl84
My ride: J Tyler
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

the getty's museum and the griffith observatory's nice. nerdy but relaxing
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #29
SteveMondragon
Seaman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 | I01 | G30

I have some free time, and I live in West Hollywood (a couple blocks from Runyon Canyon), so I'll put my $.02 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
Hmm ok. I'm sure we will want to go check out that hollywood sign so I'll have to look up how to get there for picture taking.
If you really want a good view of the sign, go somewhere on Gower or Vine St, north of Sunset Blvd, and you'll be looking straight up on it. I see it everyday when I look out of my office window from the Wells Fargo building in dowtown LA so it's nothing spectacular anymore :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Hollywood is where the nightlife is at in LA at the moment.
If you want a good time going out, go out during a week night (Sun-Thurs). It's a better crowd and you'll run into celebs, if you really care.

Going out on the weekend sucks because that's when every idiot comes into town on a Friday or Saturday night to party. Put it this way, I live in West Hollywood because it's close to work for me. But just about every weekend, I'm out of the area hanging out elsewhere in So Cal, other than Hollywood because it's packed with dipshits walking & driving around like morons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
Touristy stuff is abound during the day : Hollywood + Highland (w/ its street scene all around) , Mann's Chinese Theater, Rippley's Believe or Not Museum, etc.
Check these things out during the weekday. Less traffic and better chances of seeing a celeb out doing something, again if you care about that stuff. On any given day, I'll see some type of celeb jogging in Runyon Canyon, but it's only during the middle of the week. Hell, I often run into celebs at the Ralph's or Bristal Farms down the street from me. On a Saturday or Sunday, every yahoo comes over to Hollywood and fights for parking on nearby streets just so they can go jog/hike up the hills. Just like going out to the clubs, it's better to do it during the weekday.

You can take one of those tour bus (van w/chop top) rides. I swear, I see at least 4-5 of them a day when I'm driving home from work and lately they're jam packed with tourists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Universal City Walk is also kind of cool.
Only on the weekdays or during the day on a weekend. On a Friday or Saturday night, all you see are punk kids or gang bangers there.

Quote:
On the Sunset Strip there are a lot of good restaurants and on a Thurs - Sat night you'll see a parade of exotic cars.
IMO, you see just as many exotic cars lined up on Sunday morning in front of the cafe's on Sunset, especially near Sunset Plaza. Of course, in that area you see pretty much every & any exotic. Lots of E92 M3's, every & any type of Porsche, and 95% of the SUVs there is a Range Rover.

Quote:
On Melrose you'll see a lot of popular fashion shops (BAPE, etc) and more sick cars.
Cool & unique shops. Parking is a bitch unless you go during the middle of the day, on a weekday.

Quote:
I would suggest staying west of Highland Ave and north of Pico unless you're interested in pawn shops or joining a gang.
Yup, but I would say north of Beverly. Pico is way down there and into some crappy areas, depending on what cross street you're on (Fairfax, La Brea -- stay West of those streets).

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty_mcfly View Post
PINKS
One of the shittiest places to eat a hot dog... tastes like crap, expensive as hell, and it's a dirty place (you see rats running around every now & then). Yet the line, especially lately with the better weather, it's wrapped around building with literally 200 people waiting on a Saturday or Sunday. If you go on a weekday, there won't be many people in line, depending on what time of the day you go. If it's your first time, it's cool to check the place out. But once is enough.

Everytime I drive by that place and see a huge line, I just laugh to myself at the people standing there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmergirl84 View Post
the getty's museum and the griffith observatory's nice. nerdy but relaxing
I'll agree here. A cool & nice place to check out. A little on the artsy side, and better if you're going with a signifcant other or your family.

If you're in the Hollywood area, might as well drive a few minutes west and check out Beverly Hills (south of Sunset, as it's all homes up there) and even Santa Monica. No point on limiting yourself in just Hollywood as it's way more of a shithole than it is glamorous. And yes, I was first 'star struck' and in 'aw' when I first moved out there. After a year hear, your views on things change quite a bit.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #30
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
thanks for your input. My gf and I will be arriving friday morning and staying overnight and leaving sat early evening. What do you suggest? I'm not sure if we will go to universal studios or warner brothers tour since it'll take up a good chunk of time...at least universal studios. I still have a couple weeks to plan it out so I"m trying to take in all of your guys' suggestions. So far i've gotten good info from you locals out there. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 03:13 PM   #31
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
oh btw i'm staying at the renaissance hotel next to the kodak theater so that'll be my starting point for whatever i do
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #32
SteveMondragon
Seaman
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 | I01 | G30

Quote:
Originally Posted by joonsup View Post
oh btw i'm staying at the renaissance hotel next to the kodak theater so that'll be my starting point for whatever i do
I forget the name of the restaurant inside the Renaissance Hotel, but they sell probably one the best damn burgers I've ever eaten. Of course, this was a couple of years ago so no telling what's changed.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMondragon View Post
because it's packed with dipshits walking & driving around like morons.
If LA was a candy bar that would its slogan. Packed with Dipshits.
      04-10-2009, 12:47 AM   #34
Joonsup
Lieutenant General
South Korea
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [9.50]
lol
Appreciate 0