BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #45
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I could say with 95% certainty that his car - being an ///M3 - has absolutely nothing to do with it, especially considering that he lives in California. We have some of the highest paid departments in the U.S. An officer can afford an ///M3 if he/she so desires (..as evidenced by the number of cops on this forum who drive ///M3's, and the number of cops whom I work with who aren't on this forum, but who drive cars in the same price range; or lifted trucks with 20k in suspension/lift modifications).
...you could have let us believe we are so SPECIAL...

Anyhow, let me also say that I did not hint at all at the cops being jealous or anything like that. I think that cops are like any other people and, IMO, being well paid or not is not necessarily what leads people to buy a car like an M3. Some people save a lifetime to get their dream while some other just buy it because of the status, etc. Nothing wrong with either, but I have more things in common with the former guy. Just my $0.02. Anyway, I do not want to so I stop here.
      04-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #46
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTROIS View Post
...you could have let us believe we are so SPECIAL...

Anyhow, let me also say that I did not hint at all at the cops being jealous or anything like that. I think that cops are like any other people and, IMO, being well paid or not is not necessarily what leads people to buy a car like an M3. Some people save a lifetime to get their dream while some other just buy it because of the status, etc. Nothing wrong with either, but I have more things in common with the former guy. Just my $0.02. Anyway, I do not want to so I stop here.
I agree completely. I have friends that make twice the amount that I do annually, and they'd never spend money on an ///M3 (..nor anything else near its price range). They are comfortable in their Ford F250's, Nissan Altimas, etc.

The ///M is definitely a passion/enthusiast car!
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 08:41 PM   #47
jk6672
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 m3 6MT

Hey, no cop bashing....were not all bad
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #48
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Also.... Unless you have multiple types of window tint, you only have window tint... not tints.

Last edited by Mr Tonka; 04-08-2009 at 12:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #49
imballin2day
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 Dct Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Also.... Unless you have multiple types of window tint, you only have window tint... NOT TINTS!
Wow. Thanks for the important response.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 09:54 AM   #50
valeram
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 TTS, 991.2 GT3 T, F80 M3 C

No matter what, your are still at fault. If you're car is legit but the cop still pulls you over, then you have a valid reason to complain. I was once ticketed for no plate in front but no complaints because I know I was at fault.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #51
PortoM3
M3lover
Germany
Rep
Drives: SSII M3

Dude, I didn't have time to read every response here, but think about this...
Let's say some dude stole your car, wouldn't you want the cops to go after him?? And of course, they would jump in their cars and flip a u turn and such. Like you said, they were just standing there drinking coffee, so why wouldn't they jump on the chance to bust a stolen M3 ? And like someone said, you probably have illegal tint. You are so lucky they didn't write you up for the tint.

Let me tell you my story, I am currently stationed in Kuwait.. No one gets pulled over in Kuwait. I see cars doing twice the speed limit passing cops and they don't get pulled over. I manage to get pulled over in my M. I was not speeding. I was at the far right lane taking an exit. A cop in the lane next to me, and in front of me sees me in his rear view mirror, slams on the brakes, waits for me to pass him, gets behind me and pulls me over. He wrote me for not having a front plates. He didn't care that I have diplomatic credentials.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 12:32 PM   #52
CMOS
Private
Rep
Drives: Carrera 4S

So do you have absolutely NO plates, or just the dealer temp tags?

I can't imagine driving around with nothing on the car. If you had absolutely no tags anywhere and tinted out, I'd be surprised that you don't get pulled over everytime you go outside.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #53
montreal red
chris
Canada
Rep
Drives: White Boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
That sucks. I didn't even know that was possible. Do you know how much it is?
got a ticket for 50% front window tints... and no it wasnt those super dark gangster tints. you can see perfectly fine into my car with the tints on. he gave me a warning bout my painted reflectors and told me "youre lucky i didnt give you a ticket for your reflectors"

the ticket was $150. think he gave me the max amount... bastard.

Current: 2013 F10 M5 & 2016 Mini JCW
2013 GLK350 (gone), 997.1 GT3RS (gone), 2009 WRX STI (gone), e92 M3 (gone)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2009, 02:03 PM   #54
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Guys, I closed the other thread because posters were being offensive to each other. It is one thing to discuss the issue in a relatively civil manner, and another to start insulting each other. Please do not continue that discussion here. And please refrain from insulting each other. I have no interest in getting into a discussion about who insulted who first, and trying to figure out who should be handed out forum infractions about what--it's not worth it--so please don't bring it up. Let's keep it civil.
      04-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #55
arr0gant
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1996 911 Carrera Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by imballin2day View Post
Im not one to usually complain or bitch about cops at all. But after what happened this morning things might get different. As some of you read my thread yesterday, my car would not start and might have an alternator problem. So at 7am roadside assistance gave me a jump and I drove the car to the dealer. As im at a red light there are 2 cops outside their cars chatting and drinking coffee. Light turn green I drive by them. All of a sudden they jump in their car, do a u turn and try to pull me over like I just hit 5 pedestrians. They come to the window and say do you know why I pulled you over? I said tints? He then says yes but you also have no plates. I then kindly tell him I have already received a ticket for those and I show him the proof. He then walks around my car for literally 10 minutes trying to find something to write me up for. He then walks up to me and hands me my license and says get it fixed your nothing special just like the rest of us. WTF? And thats it. These cops had to jump in their car and do a u turn just to give me a plate ticket. Maybe my car was new. I don't know if im over reacting but if you were there you would understand.
I would have taken you to Gitmo!

1996 911 Carrera Cabriolet

2006 Porsche Cayman S, 2004 M3 Vert, 2008 BMW M3 Sedan, 2001 911 Turbo, 2002 Porsche 911 C4S, 2004 Cadillac CTS-V, Porsche Boxster S
Appreciate 0