BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

11-18-2021, 10:11 PM   #12167
BMWGirlFL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Thank you for that. I'm going to take your advice.

P.S. Sorry fellas! Gotta listen to the lady.
Another female in favor of engraving. Beautiful bracelet.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25113.50
cmyx6go15762.50
      11-18-2021, 10:30 PM   #12168
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGirlFL View Post
Quote:
Thank you for that. I'm going to take your advice.

P.S. Sorry fellas! Gotta listen to the lady.
Another female in favor of engraving. Beautiful bracelet.
Thank you! I appreciate you chiming in with your perspective.
Appreciate 1
BMWGirlFL6287.50
      11-19-2021, 12:17 AM   #12169
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

I know I'm late to the party, but I saw Rudi mention something about a ban on one of the photo threads and I immediately had to check here to see if it was who I assumed it was, and it was! Week.Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Damn, lol. I guess no one reads or monitors those forums.
I dont think anyone actively monitors the F15/F15 forum either. Of all of the mods listed, only one had a recent activity date when I checked a week or so ago.

Quote:
Thank you! I appreciate you chiming in with your perspective.
I actually agree with the ladies here, if it's serious enough like it sounds then the engraving is the way to go.

I'm still kind of kicking myself for not getting a necklace thing in Egypt for the girlfriend. I could have engraved her name in hieroglyphs and was supposed to be solid 18k gold, but it was also a bazzar/gift shop and I just couldnt get myself to drop that kind of money on something a gift shop claimed was solid 18k. Oh well I guess.

The video card is choice though

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25113.50
King Rudi13154.00
      11-19-2021, 03:23 AM   #12170
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Since you guys did such a good job, why don't you help out further clean up this place? Go to the racing forum, help report some of Rick and MPowerBelgium posts there too… if you go to the Brazil thread you'll see everything from personal insults to racism. Which I thought equaled ban…

Thanks on behalf of race lovers.
If you got something to say, say it to the persons you name instead of hiding it away on another thread spreading lies, you coward.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 05:01 AM   #12171
Mein11
Rep
Drives: Porsche 911, Chevy Colorado

Foight foight foight!
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 06:43 AM   #12172
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
ok so

1- i've been turned insecure because of her insecurity (as not-accepty as it sounds). at first our relationship was solid, or so i thought. 3-4 months in she confesses that she kept a daily eye on my instagram followers/following to check i wasn't following someone new. she told me this on NYE 2021, btw. also some time later said to my face "yea you wouldn't have any hoes or anything". i took that personal as if she was assuming i had no other options. not great to keep someone in a relationship by scaring them i can run away every second, but felt like she was taking me for granted. and whenever i asked for some alone time it'd come back as "do you not love me anymore why dont you want to spend time with me". eventually i started seeing a therapist (he was useless but had 3-4 sessions) to figure this shit out (huge red flag: your partner shouldn't have to resort to a therapist to be able to handle your relationship). eventually i think she got bored of being so close with me all the time, but now i was feeling like she was being sketchy by avoiding me and it just lead to problems. for the most part it's not me putting my foot down and giving her the benefit of the doubt lol

2- "I don't think you have it in you to change your life for the better", she said. I do not have a good answer why I didn't drop her right then and there, honestly. But hearing that really broke me. I'd never heard anyone basically call me a failure before. About three months after that I got a new job that pays me 16% more, got my BMW, moved to a wonderful place, and let her out of my life. I know I have it in me. I don't need to prove that to anyone but myself.

Or the countless times I told her, tell me something nice that happened in your day, anything. Down to a "I saw a cute dog" or "I saw a cool car", "I had a nice meal". It was like she always had something wrong going on in her life and that something was always bad. She admitted that I was right in calling her out on this, in that it's almost a habit for her to have a "rough day". Not too long after she did we broke up, because she was being too negative. Even when breaking up everything was my fault. Did you know I should've given her a courtesy heads-up and broken up with her before Tuesday so she could have asked for a different location at her firm?

Good fucking riddance. I managed to fill myself up with this post hahaha - I know I was no angel either but given how much I know about her family, her family life; comparing that with me and my past relationships, I know I am better off not being in that relationship.

sorry if this is too long! i have a year and a half's worth of content if anyone's interested.
Whole situation sounds like you were stuck. Sometimes it's best to just bail then to persevere through it. Can't believe you went to a therapist over her lol, not bashing mental health or anything to that regard, rather you're young. You're still learning who you are - this is why a lot say don't get married until you're in your late 20s. You shouldn't have to put up with someone that doesn't trust who you are or is constantly trying to change who you are. Early 20s is for figuring all that shit out. Don't stick around people who don't lift you up, and if you can't avoid being around those people (i.e coworkers or someone of that nature) let it in one ear and out the other. Keep on keeping on pickle, you'll figure it out man.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 07:47 AM   #12173
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
ok so

1- i've been turned insecure because of her insecurity (as not-accepty as it sounds). at first our relationship was solid, or so i thought. 3-4 months in she confesses that she kept a daily eye on my instagram followers/following to check i wasn't following someone new. she told me this on NYE 2021, btw. also some time later said to my face "yea you wouldn't have any hoes or anything". i took that personal as if she was assuming i had no other options. not great to keep someone in a relationship by scaring them i can run away every second, but felt like she was taking me for granted. and whenever i asked for some alone time it'd come back as "do you not love me anymore why dont you want to spend time with me". eventually i started seeing a therapist (he was useless but had 3-4 sessions) to figure this shit out (huge red flag: your partner shouldn't have to resort to a therapist to be able to handle your relationship). eventually i think she got bored of being so close with me all the time, but now i was feeling like she was being sketchy by avoiding me and it just lead to problems. for the most part it's not me putting my foot down and giving her the benefit of the doubt lol

2- "I don't think you have it in you to change your life for the better", she said. I do not have a good answer why I didn't drop her right then and there, honestly. But hearing that really broke me. I'd never heard anyone basically call me a failure before. About three months after that I got a new job that pays me 16% more, got my BMW, moved to a wonderful place, and let her out of my life. I know I have it in me. I don't need to prove that to anyone but myself.

Or the countless times I told her, tell me something nice that happened in your day, anything. Down to a "I saw a cute dog" or "I saw a cool car", "I had a nice meal". It was like she always had something wrong going on in her life and that something was always bad. She admitted that I was right in calling her out on this, in that it's almost a habit for her to have a "rough day". Not too long after she did we broke up, because she was being too negative. Even when breaking up everything was my fault. Did you know I should've given her a courtesy heads-up and broken up with her before Tuesday so she could have asked for a different location at her firm?

Good fucking riddance. I managed to fill myself up with this post hahaha - I know I was no angel either but given how much I know about her family, her family life; comparing that with me and my past relationships, I know I am better off not being in that relationship.

sorry if this is too long! i have a year and a half's worth of content if anyone's interested.
Damn. Processing. Initial response in my mind is, you don't have it in you to change your life for the better, but you did when you cut her lose. Regardless of other positives in your life, this move alone is an improvement. Just fantastic that it came from this individual.

Get at me if you need to talk my friend.
Appreciate 1
      11-19-2021, 07:50 AM   #12174
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
If you got something to say, say it to the persons you name instead of hiding it away on another thread spreading lies, you coward.
Rick....come on man. This is not the place. Take it back to the F1 section please. Thank you.
Appreciate 1
________4158.50
      11-19-2021, 08:01 AM   #12175
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Rick....come on man. This is not the place. Take it back to the F1 section please. Thank you.
Gladly King Rudi but the same goes for the Onesie.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 08:03 AM   #12176
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post

Can't troll someone who isn't here to read it!
Appreciate 3
________4158.50
M5Rick60090.50
vreihen1615280.00
      11-19-2021, 09:26 AM   #12177
heitzke
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 M4 base, '04 Cobra

Finally have a good one to add again haha. Had a really nice second date and a first kiss with a lovely woman here last night. She's very interesting, a little soft spoken, but is a chemist from Australia. Been here in the states just coming on the 2yr mark (what a time to be here lol)

Genuine, good conversation about all kinds of things and thankfully she's very open-minded when it comes to that fact that i'm partnered/poly, etc. She's never really been around it much, but finds it interesting.

One thing i've enjoyed is the low amount of emotional expenditure the relationship takes. She's a terrible texter and hates phones, so we'll exchange 2-3 texts a day MAYBE. She doesn't require mass amounts of attention to know you're interested. We basically just make plans for a few days into the future and then meet up to talk for a few hours.

Very casual and fits in nicely with my existing relationship. It doesn't feel like too much to balance and they're not competing at all.
      11-19-2021, 09:35 AM   #12178
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 10:46 AM   #12179
heitzke
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyalpine90 View Post
Haha this for me and my situation or the prior posts?
      11-19-2021, 11:49 AM   #12180
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dinonz View Post
Can't troll someone who isn't here to read it!
Are you sure? Being banned only stops trolls from posting, not reading the forums. Of course, he probably lost interest in BP for the time being as soon as he lost the ability to post "look at me" messages for attention.

If the site admins marked the OT sections as private in the forum software, then trolls would need a user account to read all posts (and SEO spambots would not waste their time because the search engines couldn't view the content either).....
      11-19-2021, 12:29 PM   #12181
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
(…I'll explain after briefing at 1420 hours; we're preparing for unrest related to the Rittenhouse trial),
Just saw the verdict. Oh shit.....
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2021, 12:57 PM   #12182
ramman434
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Same. Sedan's gonna be a bit busy these next few days. Hopefully he ordered that Tiffany's' piece
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      11-19-2021, 01:27 PM   #12183
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
Holy shit. Henry Ruggs might get off then, he only killed one person and a dog.
The dog would have needed to have hit Ruggs with a skateboard first.
Appreciate 1
Joekerr7929.00
      11-19-2021, 02:59 PM   #12184
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Quote:
(…I'll explain after briefing at 1420 hours; we're preparing for unrest related to the Rittenhouse trial),

As I posted in my cop thread…..

…. I'm elated about the Rittenhouse verdict. I've supported him and his right to self defense from the beginning. This may mean more work for me over the next few weeks, but I'll gladly face the mobs - again - in the spirit of protecting our rights as Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Quote:
Same. Sedan's gonna be a bit busy these next few days. Hopefully he ordered that Tiffany's' piece
It's possible. We've already built our Mobile Field Force rosters.

P.S. The Tiffany & Co. bracelet arrives today.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nawfoo View Post
Holy shit. Henry Ruggs might get off then, he only killed one person and a dog.
The dog would have needed to have hit Ruggs with a skateboard first.
+1

The self-defense aspect is lost on so many people. Anyway, we can continue this conversation in the other thread as to avoid littering this one with stuff unrelated to dating and relationships.
Appreciate 10
King Rudi13154.00
ramman434712.00
nyalpine907433.00
rebekahb3132.50
///d1820.00
Mein11422.00
Dang3r12512.00
      11-19-2021, 08:37 PM   #12185
dinonz
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Are you sure? Being banned only stops trolls from posting, not reading the forums. Of course, he probably lost interest in BP for the time being as soon as he lost the ability to post "look at me" messages for attention.

If the site admins marked the OT sections as private in the forum software, then trolls would need a user account to read all posts (and SEO spambots would not waste their time because the search engines couldn't view the content either).....
I was about to say "you think he's that desperate to read what we're saying about him?" and then I realized "it's Cyn. Of course he is!"

You're right
Appreciate 3
Sedan_Clan25113.50
TiMSport12803.00
vreihen1615280.00
      11-20-2021, 08:12 AM   #12186
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Whole situation sounds like you were stuck. Sometimes it's best to just bail then to persevere through it. Can't believe you went to a therapist over her lol, not bashing mental health or anything to that regard, rather you're young. You're still learning who you are - this is why a lot say don't get married until you're in your late 20s. You shouldn't have to put up with someone that doesn't trust who you are or is constantly trying to change who you are. Early 20s is for figuring all that shit out. Don't stick around people who don't lift you up, and if you can't avoid being around those people (i.e coworkers or someone of that nature) let it in one ear and out the other. Keep on keeping on pickle, you'll figure it out man.
I agree, I'm not weirded out by going to a therapist but more so that I felt it was necessary to go so i can live through my relationship.

I missed having some time to myself though, it feels nice to be at home and just do my thing. I tinkered with my computer yesterday and it felt honestly pretty fucking good

Quote:
Damn. Processing. Initial response in my mind is, you don't have it in you to change your life for the better, but you did when you cut her lose. Regardless of other positives in your life, this move alone is an improvement. Just fantastic that it came from this individual.

Get at me if you need to talk my friend.
Thank you my man, much appreciated. It sucked not feeling like I am enough for someone; honestly this might be the spoiled brat in me but I never heard that from anyone about me before.
Appreciate 1
JP102465.00
      11-20-2021, 08:39 AM   #12187
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I agree, I'm not weirded out by going to a therapist but more so that I felt it was necessary to go so i can live through my relationship.

I missed having some time to myself though, it feels nice to be at home and just do my thing. I tinkered with my computer yesterday and it felt honestly pretty fucking good

Thank you my man, much appreciated. It sucked not feeling like I am enough for someone; honestly this might be the spoiled brat in me but I never heard that from anyone about me before.
Pickle, Feeling like you aren’t enough for someone and being TOLD you’re not enough for her are two different things. In your heart, you know. Her telling you that is her shifting her insecurities on you. Do not let that define you. It’s all head games. Keep your head up. D
Appreciate 3
Mein11422.00
M5Rick60090.50
      11-20-2021, 07:12 PM   #12188
heitzke
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I feel this part for sure. In a previous relationship that was ~6yrs it ended up being SO controlling and she dominated my time and focus. I basically got shamed or guilted out of doing a lot of things that I really just wanted to spend time doing by myself.

It was so gradual I didn't even realize what I had lost until I started slowly having more free time when she started traveling for work. Huge wakeup call for me and ultimately the relationship didn't work out anyway.

In my current relationship we're two totally separate and whole people by ourselves and we both basically do as we please. It feels really good to be just seen and trusted. We love spending time together so we choose to do that together when one of us isn't busy doing whatever else.