BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

01-04-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
dadC4s
Rep
Drives:

New Warning light

Upon starting the car this morning, got a warning light on the dash and in the idrive saying there was a problem with the 4 wheel drive system/DSC system and to take the car in for service. I drove to work, in snow, and didn't notice any problems but was going slowly. Plan on waiting to see if the light comes on when I start up to go home later today before calling the dealer service dept. Anyone have any insights on this?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #2
dadC4s
Rep
Drives:

update: The warning light has failed to return over the past two days and I have driven the car with no detectable problems. Perhaps this is a random electrical hiccup. I did find reports of problems on early E60 xi cars due to a faulty sensor but that was prior to 2007, the year of my car. May never know, gotta love these modern cars...
Appreciate 0