BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

06-12-2022, 07:33 PM   #67
dovaro
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2023 G82 M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuindaass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMMit View Post
I couldn't agree more with the endorsement of Dr Beasley's.

I use the full Matte care kit, plus also use the AdvanceCoat: Matte every few weeks to top up the Matte Paint Coating (which goes on every 6 months or so).

No PPF for me either - the frozen finish (I have FDG) with Dr Beasleys is just too beautiful to warrant wrapping it.

Costs a bit, but you can get a lot of Dr Beasley's product for the price of a wap.
Thanks. That's another endorsement for De Beasely. I unfortunately started off with Chemical Guys blue matte sealant that left horrible chalky marks on the hood. I was freaked. Car was only 3 days old. Had a small rock chip on hood from my 1000 mile break in drive through west Texas and a couple light fender scratches from backing my other car into the garage near the M4 pushing a traffic cone meant as a backup guide into the M4 paint. Lol. All with no more than 50 miles on it. Light scratches and rock chips do not go away with satin paint. Just live with it I guess. But I used Dr Beasely matte soap to remove the chalky Chemical Guys crap coat. So I wouldn't put any product that's not clear. I'll watch the Dr Beasely videos on YouTube.
Just curious if this is the matte soap from chemical guys you're talking about. I had another frozen dark grey owner who endorsed it so i actually have a gallon that just arrived since I wanted to give it a try.
I did my first wash with the chemical guy's matte soap and had zero issues. I've also used their detail spray a bit and flashes quick, also with no issues.

I bought the 16oz so I could try the Dr. B's stuff after and compare.

As of right now I'm happy with the chemical guys stuff for the price.

These are all post chemical guys wash pics. It's very hard to see dirt on this car from pics but I feel these pics are an accurate representation of what my car looks like in person.
Does front license plate interfere with front radar ( driver assistant ) I see license plate coving small part of it
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 07:35 PM   #68
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovaro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerHellcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuindaass View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMMit View Post
I couldn't agree more with the endorsement of Dr Beasley's.

I use the full Matte care kit, plus also use the AdvanceCoat: Matte every few weeks to top up the Matte Paint Coating (which goes on every 6 months or so).

No PPF for me either - the frozen finish (I have FDG) with Dr Beasleys is just too beautiful to warrant wrapping it.

Costs a bit, but you can get a lot of Dr Beasley's product for the price of a wap.
Thanks. That's another endorsement for De Beasely. I unfortunately started off with Chemical Guys blue matte sealant that left horrible chalky marks on the hood. I was freaked. Car was only 3 days old. Had a small rock chip on hood from my 1000 mile break in drive through west Texas and a couple light fender scratches from backing my other car into the garage near the M4 pushing a traffic cone meant as a backup guide into the M4 paint. Lol. All with no more than 50 miles on it. Light scratches and rock chips do not go away with satin paint. Just live with it I guess. But I used Dr Beasely matte soap to remove the chalky Chemical Guys crap coat. So I wouldn't put any product that's not clear. I'll watch the Dr Beasely videos on YouTube.
Just curious if this is the matte soap from chemical guys you're talking about. I had another frozen dark grey owner who endorsed it so i actually have a gallon that just arrived since I wanted to give it a try.
I did my first wash with the chemical guy's matte soap and had zero issues. I've also used their detail spray a bit and flashes quick, also with no issues.

I bought the 16oz so I could try the Dr. B's stuff after and compare.

As of right now I'm happy with the chemical guys stuff for the price.

These are all post chemical guys wash pics. It's very hard to see dirt on this car from pics but I feel these pics are an accurate representation of what my car looks like in person.
Does front license plate interfere with front radar ( driver assistant ) I see license plate coving small part of it
No. Factory plate holder. Not covering any sensors.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 03:10 PM   #69
ericj0n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M4 comp xdrive

Well, I just picked up my new M4 in frozen deep grey metallic. It looks incredible! With the guidance of this thread, I picked up the full Dr Beasley matte kit. I just got back from a cross country trip collecting it, and needed to promptly wash it to get the millions of bugs off the front end. I ended up washing it in 90 degree weather, and the car was drying faster than I could keep up with. I used a bunch of clean microfiber towels to gently dry it, but there are still lots of water spots and maybe a bit of white film (detergent?) remaining on the paint, which doesn't look great. We have very hard water here, so that is probably part of the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up the spots and make it look like it did when I first picked it up? I tried the matte paint cleaner and the final finish - those both helped a bit but definitely didn't fully address the issue.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 06:29 PM   #70
81bear
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 - FDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericj0n View Post
Well, I just picked up my new M4 in frozen deep grey metallic. It looks incredible! With the guidance of this thread, I picked up the full Dr Beasley matte kit. I just got back from a cross country trip collecting it, and needed to promptly wash it to get the millions of bugs off the front end. I ended up washing it in 90 degree weather, and the car was drying faster than I could keep up with. I used a bunch of clean microfiber towels to gently dry it, but there are still lots of water spots and maybe a bit of white film (detergent?) remaining on the paint, which doesn't look great. We have very hard water here, so that is probably part of the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to clean up the spots and make it look like it did when I first picked it up? I tried the matte paint cleaner and the final finish - those both helped a bit but definitely didn't fully address the issue.
Any water spots I get out by spraying the detailing spray and lightly wiping with a microfibre cloth. Should come out.
Appreciate 2
ericj0n45.50
      06-14-2022, 09:09 PM   #71
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:

Always best to start with the least aggressive approach, and looks like you already did.

I'd give it another good wash out of the sun. If that doesn't do anything, google ways to remove water spots. A heavily diluted vinegar can do the trick, but keep that for a last resort.

And remember, whatever you're using, let the soap/chemical penetrate and do the job. You also might want to look into Dr Beasley's paint cleanser Pro. It's their most aggressive cleaner for matte finishes. They have a video showing how they removed ink stains from a matte finish. Again, no rubbing - they just let it soak with a wet micro fiber.
Appreciate 1
ericj0n45.50
      06-14-2022, 09:48 PM   #72
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISH22 View Post
As much as I love Dr Beasley's products, their matte soap is not great at foaming. I use Chemical Guys matte soap for all my foaming needs. Probably the best matte-specific (Ph balanced) foaming soap I've used.
Disagree. I use it. I foam it. Works great!
Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50
      06-14-2022, 09:51 PM   #73
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Yeah I’m not a shill for Dr. Beasely and I got to tell you bought my car two weeks ago my M4 black frozen definitely that soap will take water spots off but you gotta do it in the shade and try not to over dry it with microfiber use a waffle towel across the surface
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2022, 09:54 PM   #74
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Wondering if chemical guys has someone shadowing this thread because someone’s on here pushing their stuff it’s not that great. In fact it f’d up my paint and my M4 was only four days old and I had do use Dr. Beasley to takeoff the stupid matte sealant.

I’ve done 50 hours of YouTube video research on this frozen paint and I gotta tell you the less you do the better just keep the water spots off with neutral soap
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #75
ericj0n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone for the feedback re: water spots. It looks a little better this morning after the final finish got to work. I'll try another wash on the next shady and cool evening with a quick microfiber dry and see if that takes care of the rest.

These frozen paints are just a little tricky working with for the first time, but hopefully it gets significantly easier in a week, once I have PPF on it!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 11:32 AM   #76
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 Comp xDrive

I did foam canon, blow dry with leaf blower, and a final dry with CG Woolly Mammoth and had no water spots. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT wash in direct sunlight. You're going to have a bad time...
Appreciate 1
ericj0n45.50
      06-15-2022, 01:49 PM   #77
ericj0n
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
I did foam canon, blow dry with leaf blower, and a final dry with CG Woolly Mammoth and had no water spots. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT wash in direct sunlight. You're going to have a bad time...
Yes, I didn't know that - direct sunlight and a very hot day. I learned it the hard way! Hopefully I didn't damage the paint. It is looking much better today.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2022, 01:58 PM   #78
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Froz3n_M View Post
Yes, I didn't know that - direct sunlight and a very hot day. I learned it the hard way! Hopefully I didn't damage the paint. It is looking much better today.
You should be fine, next wash it'll come off,
Just don't rub
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 09:13 PM   #79
FISH22
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 Competition

Garage List
2021 BMW M3C  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM4 View Post
Wondering if chemical guys has someone shadowing this thread because someone's on here pushing their stuff it's not that great. In fact it f'd up my paint and my M4 was only four days old and I had do use Dr. Beasley to takeoff the stupid matte sealant.

I've done 50 hours of YouTube video research on this frozen paint and I gotta tell you the less you do the better just keep the water spots off with neutral soap
I have pushed their stuff, but I'm the biggest Dr Beasley's fanboy you'll ever meet. Guaranteed.

Dr Beasley's matte soap is not great for foaming. It will foam, but you have to use quite a bit of soap in the mixture, and this stuff is not cheap.

Chemical Guys matte soap on the other hand is MUCH cheaper, and foams the best out of 4 different Ph balanced/matte-specific soaps I've tested.

Again, this is just the foaming phase to presoak, I use Dr Beasley's matte soap specifically for actually washing with a mitt.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2022, 09:27 AM   #80
retroviol3t
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 Jahre - Techno Violet

Quote:
Quote:
As much as I love Dr Beasley's products, their matte soap is not great at foaming. I use Chemical Guys matte soap for all my foaming needs. Probably the best matte-specific (Ph balanced) foaming soap I've used.
Disagree. I use it. I foam it. Works great!
Attached Images

06-19-2022, 07:04 PM   #81
kiw1
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the feedback re: water spots. It looks a little better this morning after the final finish got to work. I'll try another wash on the next shady and cool evening with a quick microfiber dry and see if that takes care of the rest.

These frozen paints are just a little tricky working with for the first time, but hopefully it gets significantly easier in a week, once I have PPF on it!
Yeh I just used the final finish and it got all of the water spots
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 02:32 PM   #82
GolfR17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Taking delivery of a frozen Portimao blue g80 next week. Talked to a reputable shop about ppf. They reassured me xpel stealth will look great either as front only, or whole car install. Was going to do front only for cost savings. I did front only on a (non-frozen) Alpine white car and had no regrets about not doing the whole car. Car will be used mostly for weekend drives and road trips.

How painful will washing be? Sounds like not too bad? We have really hard water where I live and it gets really hot in the summer so might have to be pretty quick with drying.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 03:13 AM   #83
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Use Dr Beasely soap and foam the car. Let sit then spray in shade. I blow dry my hood.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 03:14 AM   #84
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by froz3n.m View Post
Not in the sun bro!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 03:16 AM   #85
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have pushed their stuff, but I'm the biggest Dr Beasley's fanboy you'll ever meet. Guaranteed.

Dr Beasley's matte soap is not great for foaming. It will foam, but you have to use quite a bit of soap in the mixture, and this stuff is not cheap.

Chemical Guys matte soap on the other hand is MUCH cheaper, and foams the best out of 4 different Ph balanced/matte-specific soaps I've tested.

Again, this is just the foaming phase to presoak, I use Dr Beasley's matte soap specifically for actually washing with a mitt.
You have to use a good foamer. I use Griot.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 03:17 AM   #86
JoeyM4
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Never use PPF. It’s a scam
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 08:41 AM   #87
Froz3n_M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Never use PPF. It’s a scam
Lets not say a scam per say, that's a bit extreme. I find it extremely useful for front clip and avoiding chips and scratches from road debris. Frozen cannot be touched up, at least not nicely, and matching sheen/finish is nearly impossible on a panel re-finish. So lets not shit on PPF all together. I will not be doing the whole car, but I find for my use and opinion, front clip is a good investment.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 09:27 AM   #88
GolfR17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M5

Anybody use the Dr Beasley's "waterless wash"?

Wonder if this is a good solution to use between washes or touch up dirty spots.

Looking to save water when possible. Plus the water where I live is super hard. Summertime pretty hot even in the shade dries quickly. Have to move fast to avoid water spots.
Appreciate 0