BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-24-2020, 06:41 AM   #1
fun ticket
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 Ford Raptor

All Racing Helmets - Any Experience with Them?

Has anyone purchased a replica F1 helmet from these guys or know anything about them? Their website makes me a little suspect; grammar is off here and there. They have a Twitter account but no posts since 05/2019. They are also on YouTube but not many comments. I am unable to find any reviews about them online.

For grins I sent them an email and asked two questions. They answered one and did not acknowledge the other at all. The response was straight off the website, copy and paste.

I'm probably over thinking it but I'm in data security as my profession so I am overly sensitive to certain things.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 12:49 PM   #2
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

What exactly you want to know? If the Company are just bullshitting interested customers by taking their money w/o delivering or do you really want to buy any replica helmet to wear it?

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 07:04 PM   #3
Mirko
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E86 Z4M, E90 328i, E84 X1

If they can't be bothered to make the effort for a sale then why be bothered to give them one is how I see it.

However, there are lots of companies that provide crap service but deliver a decent product. I'd look for reviews and product pics, if you can't find any then prob best to move on.
08 M Coupe • Ceramic Black Fabspeed Headers • MCS 1WNR • Poly FCAB • Stoptech BBK • Vibra-Tech • Epic Tune • Apex EC7 • RPI Scoop • Eventuri • Stromung • Rogue X Pipe • Varis Diffuser • CF E92 GTS Wing • CF Roof
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

So you're going to go against your training, better judgement and gut?

No.

Find another source. Do as you say.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 03:53 AM   #5
benutzername88
Registered
Rep
Drives: Opel

I have ordered a helmet in January 2021 with a specific livery of a F1 driver and paid in advance. Delivery time should be 30-45 business days, which was totally ok for me.

The positive site: The support is really nice and answers quickly.

The negative site: Delivery took over a year, I received my helmet in May 2022. I've asked the support regularly, they always we're nice but promissed unrealistic delivery dates every time (e. g. like "we will ship out next week") and every time I had to ask again and there was another delay, etc. Then, 16 months after my order, the helmet finally arrived and it was a huge disappointment. The promised "ouble layer lacquer protection" from the website was obviously missing, the helmet smells and has some color errors. The whole painting is just a cheap print (after 16 months?!). I don't dare to go and drive outside with it. At the end, I paid around 2000 USD (incl. shipping, taxes, customs fees) for a helmet that can only be in my shelf, but will probably never see the race track. I could have had that much more cheaper with a higher quality. A shame.
Appreciate 0