BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

04-13-2018, 03:31 PM   #23
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
https://getkuna.com/

I have 1 kuna cam and 3 companion lights in the front of my house. LOVE THEM. Been super accurate especially once they released their AI tracking which does a fantastic job of filtering out passing by cars, will still capturing people.

Whatever route you choose, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND checking your wireless signal at the point where you plan on mounting. If it is less than -70db you are going to risk flaky connections
      04-20-2018, 08:23 PM   #24
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep
Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Love my JSB security. 24 hour playback w/ 2 cams. HD & magnify options

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2018, 11:38 PM   #25
///Mbitions
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 11 e92 M3

What about monitored triggers like doors and windows when you’re sleeping? Do you guys use anything for that? Our new place will be done in 3 months, and while I have a year left on my ADT account I was wondering if I should go another route or stick with them, i didn’t have any camera systems in the old house. unless this thread is about camera systems in addition to a paid monitoring company then I might’ve missed that part.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 12:28 PM   #26
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mbitions View Post
What about monitored triggers like doors and windows when you’re sleeping? Do you guys use anything for that? Our new place will be done in 3 months, and while I have a year left on my ADT account I was wondering if I should go another route or stick with them, i didn’t have any camera systems in the old house. unless this thread is about camera systems in addition to a paid monitoring company then I might’ve missed that part.
I haven't looked at any other options for a security system. The key issue with any alarm system is the central monitoring and alerting of the authorities. That's why I still have ADT and my security cameras. You can certainly set up a system that somehow notifies you. But what are you going to do?

If you don't care about the monitoring aspect, you can certainly just keep the alarm the way it is. It'll still trigger without monitoring service. You just won't get someone to contact the authorities for you.

With that said and depending on the alarm system and the cameras you use, you can set things up where the cameras are also a sensor trigger for the alarm system. The Hikvision cameras have this capability. The alarm panels I've insisted ADT install are Ademco Vista 15P or similar.
Appreciate 1
      07-31-2018, 02:12 PM   #27
vooonoo
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rep
Drives: f30 328

Garage List
2014 f30 328i  [0.00]
I just installed a Ring Pro I got on Prime day. Its weird
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2018, 02:19 PM   #28
GitToDeChoppah
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

I have 4 standard Nest Outdoor cams... couldn't be happier. I would recommend them to anyone so long as you don't mind paying a small fee every year... I think I paid $150/yr for all 4... for 5 days of storage and all the alerts, I think the first camera is $50/year, and any additional is $30/year. You can save clips locally as well if you have something you want to keep long term.
Appreciate 0