BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

03-30-2023, 04:23 PM   #1
ZHP to B58
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i

Arrow Any Business Owners?

Anyone else also own a business, however small or large?

I had two endeavors that I started with a couple buddies pre-COVID. One was a Shopify thing with self-created brand & marketing but a product that we found via Alibaba. Margins were great. Ended up dissolving that LLC since we couldn't/didn't want to pour thousands or more to get more internet traffic & impressions. Plus Facebook kept auto-banning our ad accounts.

Other one was car parts. Good timing to kill it off since we're in SoCal and the shipping debacle definitely would've only exacerbated things.

Needless to say, we didn't quit our days jobs.

P.S. If you or someone you know has a business in SoCal and they don't like their bank.....I can provide a second opinion. My clients include K1 Speed (corporate and multiple franchisees), SaaS companies, Porto's largest supplier, and more.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 09:42 AM   #2
Entropy89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Garage List
My wife started her engineering firm in 2020 and it’s been pretty good so far. I consult for her as side work, and her line of work is very reputation driven and largely about who you know. Completely different industry from what you described but it has its stressful moments. She says she could never work for someone else again.

2018 F30 330ix - no more.

2005 E46 325xi - I want this car back.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2023, 03:55 PM   #3
ZHP to B58
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Absolutely. Can't put a price on calling your own shots and not having to answer to anyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy89 View Post
My wife started her engineering firm in 2020 and it’s been pretty good so far. I consult for her as side work, and her line of work is very reputation driven and largely about who you know. Completely different industry from what you described but it has its stressful moments. She says she could never work for someone else again.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2023, 01:40 PM   #4
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Yes indeed. A couple in fact.
Appreciate 1
      05-10-2023, 03:38 PM   #5
ZHP to B58
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Shopify's just the platform, but the service or good(s) sold can be anything.

I vaguely recall an old statistic from business school back in the day that stated restaurants in particular had the highest success rates of any other industry at 50%. Since as you said, it fulfills a basic human need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calle14 View Post
I used to think that the market for Shopify businesses was already saturated and that it was too competitive for new businesses to make it. However, I recently discovered that my aunt launched a local bakery a few months ago and it's actually thriving. Her success got me thinking about the profitability of food-industry-related businesses since it's a basic human need to eat and, therefore, it's always in demand.
Appreciate 0