BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-04-2019, 02:17 PM   #463
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Princess Leah was spayed probably about 13-14 months. We weren't up for stupid ugly puppies. Some of the strays working the neighborhood streets

She is only out of her cage to get juiced and maybe sit on the bed for a few minutes at night. Last night she was sitting with my son and the wife came home. I went to greet her and my son is laughing. I turn and she's dragging herself, legs tucked under, to address the threat to the Realm

Glad to hear she's progressing. I've read it's a hard recovery, but she's lucky to have you guys.

Always nice to hear good news.
      06-04-2019, 09:48 PM   #464
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
In our travels across the local garage, we encounter the domestic miniature house lion. After a long day of grooming and being injected with vaccines, he is spotted here giving another local feline the stink eye for entering his domain.

.....and below we find him quenching his thirst at his favorite local watering hole.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:23 AM   #465
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:45 AM   #466
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
In our travels across the local garage, we encounter the domestic miniature house lion. After a long day of grooming and being injected with vaccines, he is spotted here giving another local feline the stink eye for entering his domain.

.....and below we find him quenching his thirst at his favorite local watering hole.
Quote:
Quote:
He's an antivaxer....

Either that or he's ticked that your cat identifies as a lion and you support him.
Appreciate 2
upstatedoc7555.50
King Rudi13154.00
      06-05-2019, 08:13 AM   #467
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Well, I mean that grooming looks an abuse (ugly at the very least) and that (presumed) joke of he has to drink from the least appropriate source is too far from funny (disgusting, in fact) to me.

I just couldn't help sharing that, especially after so many people liked that post (making me wonder what I am doing here ).

To avoid misunderstanding, you have a really nice cat (as you present him)!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:36 AM   #468
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Well, I mean that grooming looks an abuse (ugly at the very least) and that (presumed) joke of he has to drink from the least appropriate source is too far from funny (disgusting, in fact) to me.

I just couldn't help sharing that, especially after so many people liked that post (making me wonder what I am doing here ).

To avoid misunderstanding, you have a really nice cat (as you present him)!
The grooming comes from the fact that he won't allow me to brush him to remove loose hair. I'm a bit anal and having everything I own covered in hair is not an option.....therefore this is the only option. It's a trade off, he allows me to share the nice ass house that he reigns over and gets pampered at the cost of getting a haircut once a year so that I'm not constantly covered in hair.

He doesn't HAVE to drink from the toilet, he has other options for water. He gets fresh water in his dish morning and afternoon. He prefers this source, because of that, it is kept spotless at all times. I find it gross too but as long as it stays clean, whatever. At the end of the day, he is an animal. You should see the disgusting shit he does when he is outside. Drinking from the toilet is no less disgusting than when he rips the heads off of mice, moles, birds and rabbits.....yes rabbits, in front of company when I am entertaining friends on the back deck.

No misunderstanding. I'm not taking offense to it. He may drink from a clean toilet and I may take pictures of it but he is well taken care of. He eats better than most humans I know of and treated better than most people are to their kids. If I tell him "no", "stop" or "don't" he's going to do it again as soon as the bathroom door is open. He's a cat, he's going to do whatever the hell he wants whether I like it or not - he'll just do it behind my back if I disapprove.

I'm not going to apologize if I have offended you with a picture of a cat drinking from a toilet. Perhaps I should take it down and post pictures of him destroying the rabbit that he climbed up the back deck with and shredded in front of a couple of female friends having a glass of wine.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:44 AM   #469
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
The grooming comes from the fact that he won't allow me to brush him to remove loose hair. I'm a bit anal and having everything I own covered in hair is not an option.....therefore this is the only option. It's a trade off, he allows me to share the nice ass house that he reigns over and gets pampered at the cost of getting a haircut once a year so that I'm not constantly covered in hair.

He doesn't HAVE to drink from the toilet, he has other options for water. He gets fresh water in his dish morning and afternoon. He prefers this source, because of that, it is kept spotless at all times. I find it gross too but as long as it stays clean, whatever. At the end of the day, he is an animal. You should see the disgusting shit he does when he is outside. Drinking from the toilet is no less disgusting than when he rips the heads off of mice, moles, birds and rabbits.....yes rabbits, in front of company when I am entertaining friends on the back deck.

No misunderstanding. I'm not taking offense to it. He may drink from a clean toilet and I may take pictures of it but he is well taken care of. He eats better than most humans I know of and treated better than most people are to their kids. If I tell him "no", "stop" or "don't" he's going to do it again as soon as the bathroom door is open. He's a cat, he's going to do whatever the hell he wants whether I like it or not - he'll just do it behind my back if I disapprove.

I'm not going to apologize if I have offended you with a picture of a cat drinking from a toilet. Perhaps I should take it down and post pictures of him destroying the rabbit that he climbed up the back deck with and shredded in front of a couple of female friends having a glass of wine.
Sophie ate one of Bella's turds, barfed it up, then ate the barfed up turd. Filthy beasts. Drinking from the toilet would literally be the cleanest thing she did all day.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-05-2019, 10:30 AM   #470
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
The grooming comes from the fact that he won't allow me to brush him to remove loose hair. I'm a bit anal and having everything I own covered in hair is not an option.
I'm not questioning (or discussing: there are short-haired breeds, etc.) the necessity, I'm only sharing I don't like the look.

Quote:
He doesn't HAVE to drink from the toilet, he has other options for water.
I would really hope so! I just did not like the joke you made of it. It's not my kind of humour and I feel as free to share that as you can share your ideas of fun: "tastes differ" here.

Quote:
I'm not going to apologize if I have offended you with a picture of a cat drinking from a toilet.
You haven't offended me, of course (to me it's just irrelevant, at least ): I only find it an offence to the cat. By the way, does he really drink from it or can it be anything else attracting his predator/house guard attention:

?

No offence, I only evaluated your post: just like the others, only differently. You can't be everybody's hero, after all. Not every time, at least:

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #471
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmeezer View Post
FYI.. our experience is long haired cats love to be shaved during the summer.
Both for the temp as well as removing any mats. I swear the male cats with lion cuts strut around the shelter saying, "I'm one fierce looking dude"....

Z
Agreed. He's pretty funny with his new found swagger after his grooming. I do find it odd that he won't let me brush him, but after a trim he struts like a pimp.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:27 AM   #472
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Agreed. He's pretty funny with his new found swagger after his grooming. I do find it odd that he won't let me brush him, but after a trim he struts like a pimp.
I'm sure he showed his groomers his pimp hand too. Many times during the process.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-05-2019, 11:32 AM   #473
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I'm sure he showed his groomers his pimp hand too. Many times during the process.
I have no doubt that he did indeed. I really wanted to talk to the groomer when I picked him up but she was nowhere to be found.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #474
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
I have no doubt that he did indeed. I really wanted to talk to the groomer when I picked him up but she was nowhere to be found.
Did you check the local ER?
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13154.00
UncleWede17938.50
upstatedoc7555.50
DETRoadster11456.00
      06-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #475
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Princess Leah and I were sitting on the front lawn last evening. It gave her a bit of time to sniff the air, and be out of the cage.
At one point, she stood up, drunkenly wandered about 2 feet from me, then squatted and lifted a leg and peed all on her own!!!!! Then she staggered back and sat, put her head in my lap, and watched longingly at the crow across the street she wanted to accost.
Appreciate 5
King Rudi13154.00
kscarrol8889.50
Rmtt8206.00
DETRoadster11456.00
Maynard3830.00
      06-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #476
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Did you check the local ER?
She wouldn't have made it that far. He's more of a concrete shoes kinda cat.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:51 PM   #477
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
She wouldn't have made it that far. He's more of a concrete shoes kinda cat.
OR, he has a better buddy than you who will help him dispose of the bodies
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:57 PM   #478
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
OR, he has a better buddy than you who will help him dispose of the bodies
That is possible. He is shady in the connected, made man/cat kinda sense. I suspected something was off when found cuff links that resembled Rottweiler testicles.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:59 PM   #479
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
That is possible. He is shady in the connected, made man/cat kinda sense. I suspected something was off when found cuff links that resembled Rottweiler testicles.
Me-YOUCH!!!
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      06-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #480
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Princess Leah and I were sitting on the front lawn last evening. It gave her a bit of time to sniff the air, and be out of the cage.
At one point, she stood up, drunkenly wandered about 2 feet from me, then squatted and lifted a leg and peed all on her own!!!!! Then she staggered back and sat, put her head in my lap, and watched longingly at the crow across the street she wanted to accost.
That's great progress!

Has the vet talked to you about "PT" exercises to do with her at home? I dont want to speak for your vet as they are clearly the experts here, but this was the point at which ours had us start doing PT exercises with Sophie, multiple times per day. Only takes about 10 minutes. it was 4 or 5 different moves that help stretch and strengthen, as well as retrain nerve connections.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      06-05-2019, 03:20 PM   #481
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
That's great progress!

Has the vet talked to you about "PT" exercises to do with her at home? I dont want to speak for your vet as they are clearly the experts here, but this was the point at which ours had us start doing PT exercises with Sophie, multiple times per day. Only takes about 10 minutes. it was 4 or 5 different moves that help stretch and strengthen, as well as retrain nerve connections.
We've been doing range of motion and basic standing exercises since we brought her home. IT is weird when a leg gets "stuck" almost like she is having a cramp. Once we bend the joints and get that leg moving though, then things are pretty easy.

They talked about at the end of 6 weeks, when she gets paroled, that we consider pool exercises. Not sure where that would occur, since we don't have one. Leah is not much of a rain or shower person, I don't imagine pools are going to be high on her list either.

"Hi, I'm your neighbor down the block. Can me and my dog swim in your pool for a few weeks, just until her strength comes back?"
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11456.00
      06-05-2019, 07:17 PM   #482
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
That's great progress!

We've been doing range of motion and basic standing exercises since we brought her home. IT is weird when a leg gets "stuck" almost like she is having a cramp. Once we bend the joints and get that leg moving though, then things are pretty easy.

They talked about at the end of 6 weeks, when she gets paroled, that we consider pool exercises. Not sure where that would occur, since we don't have one. Leah is not much of a rain or shower person, I don't imagine pools are going to be high on her list either.

"Hi, I'm your neighbor down the block. Can me and my dog swim in your pool for a few weeks, just until her strength comes back?"
Got it. Cool. Those ROM exercises are key. Poor Sophie's hamstrings were like rocks after the surgery. Something about the nerves that control the hamstrings vs. the nerves that control the quads being impacted differently by the injury so the hamstrings were contracted and the quads were dead. Had to peel her hind legs away from her body to stretch them out.

We went to a PT place after 6 weeks and they were like "she's doing fine just keep slowly ramping up the exercises." They said their typical "clients" are the ones who 6 weeks post op still can't even stand. So if Leah is standing and walking by 6 weeks I'll bet you won't need further professional PT.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #483
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

But *I* want to get in the pool
      06-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #484
jahdish
Insta pjahdish
United_States