BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-13-2007, 08:47 AM   #1
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Nutter on the M1 - why are people so weird?

It all started with him behind me in the outer lane on the a64 after Tadcaster. A Seat undertook me and I let him back in the outer lane. Don't know if this is what pissed the focus off because he still seemed ok.

I pulled back into the slow lane when I could, ready to take the M1. There was slowing traffic and a gap to overtake in (infront) of the Focus who was still in the outer lane. I did this and then took my turning as normal. Still no signs of him being a nutter.

Merging with the M1 is a choice of two lanes, one feeds you into the M1 straightaway, the other about half a mile down the road. I chose the first as normal - I slotted in with a truck in front (slow lane) and a truck to my right (middle lane) The focus (as he was behind) pulls into the middle lane (behind the truck) and stays there. Still no sign of madness!

After he went past I pulled in behind him whilst indicating, checked the fast lane (clear) and whilst still indicating pulled out to overtake him. This is where he decides to also pull out infront of me (on purpose) He just wanted to block me for whatever reason. Of course, my anger flared and I beeped and waved my hand about. He pulled back into the middle lane. I overtook and then braked hard infront of him (Yeah I know - this was foolish!!)

We continued on our merry way at the speed limit - him following me on every overtake, every lane change. I slowed to 40 behind a truck in the hope he would pass (as he had already indicated and turned into the middle lane) Nope - he just dropped his speed and continued to follow - every now and again he would laugh and point or pretend to shoot me!!

He then made out that he would follow me until I stopped. A few miles passed and I indicated to turn off on my normal junction. He even swerved into the off ramp before continuing on the M1! I was more than bored by this point so just ignored him.

Sorry if this is a little ranting but I'm still jumped up from the incident - Its been about an hour now.

Last edited by - Paul -; 04-13-2007 at 10:11 AM..
Appreciate 0