BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-29-2016, 11:57 PM   #1
Sidewinderpb
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6mt

Long awaited; greatly dissapointed: GK8

Here it is: Gymkhana 8

Nowhere near as good as the others. The guy sure can drive though.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 01:03 PM   #2
sirdaft1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 & E90 WTCC Racecar (SOLD)

Garage List
I'm kind of in agreement. Is it incredible what they did? Absolutely. But I think we've become so desensitized to these kinds of videos that they just become 'meh'.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 01:22 PM   #3
FType22
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

i met this dude on a plane on the way back from brazil a few years back. I also stood in line behind tony hawk waiting for the bathroom on same plane. Ken Block is a really nice guy though and I will always love these videos.

I have to say. I think my favorite thing about these videos is the lack of music. I love just hearing the car and the tires and the shifting, even though I know they are doing a lot of post on making these sound queues really pop.
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2016, 01:58 PM   #4
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

I'm not disappointed at all, love this and possibly one my favourites now. Yes, some stunts are staged but some are a one time take. He has talent and these videos are pretty creative.

I think this one is better than many of the others and I can't wait for number 9 with the Focus RS RX. Not sure what anyone expects....Nascar drives in a circle over and over and that's pretty popular.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 02:12 PM   #5
Sidewinderpb
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i xDrive 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdaft1 View Post
I'm kind of in agreement. Is it incredible what they did? Absolutely. But I think we've become so desensitized to these kinds of videos that they just become 'meh'.
Yeah, I think you're right re: becoming desensitized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP86 View Post
i met this dude on a plane on the way back from brazil a few years back. I also stood in line behind tony hawk waiting for the bathroom on same plane. Ken Block is a really nice guy though and I will always love these videos.

I have to say. I think my favorite thing about these videos is the lack of music. I love just hearing the car and the tires and the shifting, even though I know they are doing a lot of post on making these sound queues really pop.
Jealous. He does seem like an awesome guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
I'm not disappointed at all, love this and possibly one my favourites now. Yes, some stunts are staged but some are a one time take. He has talent and these videos are pretty creative.

I think this one is better than many of the others and I can't wait for number 9 with the Focus RS RX. Not sure what anyone expects....Nascar drives in a circle over and over and that's pretty popular.
Being staged doesn't detract from the spectacle. I was hoping for something a bit more; San Francisco was the pinnacle for me. This was still pretty incredible though.

"Mildly disappointed" would have been a more fitting title.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #6
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

It would be better if he did a one take special, on the ground you can see how many times he tried some of those parts.

All he is really doing is trying to one up himself, and it gets harder and harder each time to do that.
Appreciate 1