BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E60) Forums (2004 - 2009) > General 5-series and M5 (E60) Forum

09-13-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
moddede92
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530i e60 2007

Help Buying rims 07' 530i | Need Assistance

I currently drive a 530i year 2007. I am looking to purchase new rims and tires. I have looked up the specifications, but looking on places like Craigslist, they leave out a lot of info. If i were to get 19" rims, what other specifications should i look for when buying the rim?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 02:05 PM   #2
JayArras
Casual Fanatic
Rep
Drives: '07 530xi

There's three important measurements that you need to know... lug pattern, offset and center bore. All BMW vehicles have a 5 x 120 mm lug pattern. That's the number of holes and the distance between them. Offset (also referred to as "ET") is the distance from the wheel center to your strut. On your car, it can vary between 13 and 35. The center bore is the diameter of the rim hole that fits over the hub. This has to be snug and the measurement needs to be 72.5 mm.

With that said, you can choose anywhere from a 17 - 20" rim. The smaller the rim, the more comfortable the ride. Here's a great site that lists most of the OEM wheel styles for your car:
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/5/E60+

For Craigslist posts, insist that they tell you what those three measurements are. If they can't, move on.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2016, 04:31 PM   #3
moddede92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayArras View Post
There's three important measurements that you need to know... lug pattern, offset and center bore. All BMW vehicles have a 5 x 120 mm lug pattern. That's the number of holes and the distance between them. Offset (also referred to as "ET") is the distance from the wheel center to your strut. On your car, it can vary between 13 and 35. The center bore is the diameter of the rim hole that fits over the hub. This has to be snug and the measurement needs to be 72.5 mm.

With that said, you can choose anywhere from a 17 - 20" rim. The smaller the rim, the more comfortable the ride. Here's a great site that lists most of the OEM wheel styles for your car:
http://www.bmwstylewheels.com/5/E60+

For Craigslist posts, insist that they tell you what those three measurements are. If they can't, move on.
Thank you for your reply! Will check out the site!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 06:21 AM   #4
koqui79
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E60 m5

Or you could buy a set that's already set for your car. Like these
Feeler FOR SALE: 20" Work VSXX Staggered 9.5" & 11" with tires http://e60.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294184

Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #5
moddede92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by koqui79 View Post
Or you could buy a set that's already set for your car. Like these
Feeler FOR SALE: 20" Work VSXX Staggered 9.5" & 11" with tires http://e60.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1294184

I just bought an expensive body kit and quad exhaust system, and carbon fiber parts. So if you can give me a nice offer, i will take them off you quickly! They look great.

My only concern is, would i have to raise my car or roll out the fenders? My car currently has 18" and i have about 2.5 finger space from the fender?.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 04:15 PM   #6
koqui79
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by moddede60 View Post
I just bought an expensive body kit and quad exhaust system, and carbon fiber parts. So if you can give me a nice offer, i will take them off you quickly! They look great.

My only concern is, would i have to raise my car or roll out the fenders? My car currently has 18" and i have about 2.5 finger space from the fender?.
What size tires are you running on the 18" rims? That makes a big part in considering if you will have any issues. keeping in mind that you probably running tires with much bigger tire walls, which would be offset with the increase in rim diameter and smaller tire wall with overall rim/tire diameter combined being equal.

I don't think you would have any issues. I'm running RD Sport springs which are the most aggressive lowering springs for the e60 M5 (excluding coil overs) and I have no rubbing issues nor did I have to roll the fenders. I'm currently running a 15 mm spacer in the front. Rear are flush with a bit of stretch on the tires and has no rubbing. Shoot me a PM with a reasonable offer and we can take it from there. Where are you located? My current price is $2,950
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 07:44 PM   #7
moddede92
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by koqui79 View Post
What size tires are you running on the 18" rims? That makes a big part in considering if you will have any issues. keeping in mind that you probably running tires with much bigger tire walls, which would be offset with the increase in rim diameter and smaller tire wall with overall rim/tire diameter combined being equal.

I don't think you would have any issues. I'm running RD Sport springs which are the most aggressive lowering springs for the e60 M5 (excluding coil overs) and I have no rubbing issues nor did I have to roll the fenders. I'm currently running a 15 mm spacer in the front. Rear are flush with a bit of stretch on the tires and has no rubbing. Shoot me a PM with a reasonable offer and we can take it from there. Where are you located? My current price is $2,950
Thank you, but for now i'm not looking to spend more than 1G on wheels. I might just wait till i can put more money on wheels than buy some good ones.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2016, 08:15 PM   #8
koqui79
Private First Class
Rep

Whomp whomp ! No worries. I would also wait and get something nicer down the line. I waited 1 yr to do my wheel mod. Opted to wait also.
Appreciate 0