BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-24-2019, 06:48 PM   #1
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive

Not in need of medical advice, but have a medical question pertaining to abortion.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 06:51 PM   #2
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Symbolism will be their downfall
Appreciate 2
MKSixer15032.50
Now_Rudi6228.00

06-24-2019, 06:53 PM   #3
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Nothing graphic, I promise.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:10 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I stayed at a holiday in Express fire away.
Appreciate 5
City Pig6092.50
MKSixer15032.50
Now_Rudi6228.00

06-24-2019, 07:25 PM   #5
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

I dabbled with vaginas so ask away.
Appreciate 7
City Pig6092.50
MKSixer15032.50
mbanks21920.00
Now_Rudi6228.00

06-24-2019, 07:26 PM   #6
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I stayed at a holiday in Express fire away.
Is the G spot real? How about the clitoris? And female orgasms, are those real or also a myth?
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2019, 07:27 PM   #7
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Ok my real question is what happens when you give a 1st (or 2nd) trimester pregnancy some oxytocin? Can it be used to induce a preterm pregnancy?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 07:43 PM   #8
Zugzwang
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 x35d M-Sport + 2013 X-35d

What do i know as i am only a dumb male. From what i have learned in my life is that an abortion will leave a mark upon any woman that undergoes one. They never forget and to some degree they may very likely hurt her forever.

The guy gets to celebrate and forget that he almost got screwed fir 18 years of child support or daddyship.

My word is by no means the end all or be all of what wisdom is. Im jus sayn.
Appreciate 2
Delta03117341.50
MKSixer15032.50

06-24-2019, 07:46 PM   #9
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
Ok my real question is what happens when you give a 1st (or 2nd) trimester pregnancy some oxytocin? Can it be used to induce a preterm pregnancy?
Dude stop kocking up crackheads.
Appreciate 2
      06-24-2019, 07:50 PM   #10
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Not particularly liking where you are going with this.

You realize that during the 2nd term they can be viable outside the womb right? What if she delivers, and its viable. What are you going to do - kill it outside the womb since the attempt on the inside was unsuccessful?

All sorts of risks with labour too you know - hemmorage, etc. Need to be at a hospital.

Why do you want to do this? Why end a life? Is allowing it to be adopted not something you could do? Does the female in question know about this dose (because if not...I suspect that might be criminal maybe).
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump6036.00

06-24-2019, 07:55 PM   #11
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
Not particularly liking where you are going with this.

You realize that during the 2nd term they can be viable outside the womb right? What if she delivers, and its viable. What are you going to do - kill it outside the womb since the attempt on the inside was unsuccessful?

All sorts of risks with labour too you know - hemmorage, etc. Need to be at a hospital.

Why do you want to do this? Why end a life? Is allowing it to be adopted not something you could do? Does the female in question know about this dose (because if not...I suspect that might be criminal maybe).
Lol this is a hypothetical question. Not as a means to terminate a pregnancy, necessarily, quite the opposite.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Ok umm wtf does this have to do with politics though?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #13
City Pig
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

I'm not a gynaecologist but I'll have a look.....
Appreciate 5
DonaldPump6036.00
Genieman192.00
MKSixer15032.50

06-24-2019, 08:05 PM   #14
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
Ok umm wtf does this have to do with politics though?
Because I believe killing kids in utero is a no-no but I also believe that women should have the right to choose to not be pregnant so I'm trying to figure out whether there is another option that would be a middle ground but I'm not a DR and I don't know if it's feasible.

And I knocked up a crackhead and need to figure that out too
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 08:47 PM   #15
ntg44
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M3 Mineral White 6MT

Quote:
Because I believe killing kids in utero is a no-no but I also believe that women should have the right to choose to not be pregnant so I'm trying to figure out whether there is another option that would be a middle ground but I'm not a DR and I don't know if it's feasible.

Quote:

I've been debating since I saw the first post on whether or not to reply, but after reading this, I feel that now is the right time. I'll try to keep my personal opinion on abortion out of it.

If what you described is the situation, and you really believe what you said you do, then let the woman make the choice. Stay out of it. If she wants to abort, there are plenty of places that will do it. If she wants to be a single mom and collect benefits from both you and government, well you've made your bed. Time to sleep in it. But questions like inducing a premature birth, regardless of which end result you're looking for, may result in the death of your child and/or the mother's. I don't think you want that on your conscience, whether you want your child or not.

If you want the baby, then do it the right way and fight for it. If you don't, well then unfortunately that's not your decision to make. If you leave the decision to the mother and the baby dies, however it dies, at least your baby's death won't be on you.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 09:02 PM   #16
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Is the G spot real? How about the clitoris? And female orgasms, are those real or also a myth?
The proper answer is, who cares. Can she make a sandwich?
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6228.00

06-24-2019, 09:15 PM   #17
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntgarage44 View Post
Quote:

Quote:

I've been debating since I saw the first post on whether or not to reply, but after reading this, I feel that now is the right time. I'll try to keep my personal opinion on abortion out of it.

If what you described is the situation, and you really believe what you said you do, then let the woman make the choice. Stay out of it. If she wants to abort, there are plenty of places that will do it. If she wants to be a single mom and collect benefits from both you and government, well you've made your bed. Time to sleep in it. But questions like inducing a premature birth, regardless of which end result you're looking for, may result in the death of your child and/or the mother's. I don't think you want that on your conscience, whether you want your child or not.

If you want the baby, then do it the right way and fight for it. If you don't, well then unfortunately that's not your decision to make. If you leave the decision to the mother and the baby dies, however it dies, at least your baby's death won't be on you.
The crack head part was a joke in reference to what someone jokingly said in a previous post. I didn't knock anyone up, not since my two kids were born. I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible to do so and the ramifications of a preterm labor induction.
Appreciate 1
ntg44767.00

06-24-2019, 09:24 PM   #18
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8

Quote:
Lol this is a hypothetical question. Not as a means to terminate a pregnancy, necessarily, quite the opposite.
So you say the bolded above, but then you say this below:

Quote:
The crack head part was a joke in reference to what someone jokingly said in a previous post. I didn't knock anyone up, not since my two kids were born. I'm just trying to figure out if it's possible to do so and the ramifications of a preterm labor induction.
The two statements seem incongruent with each other don't they? Why don't you just tell us the full story? You are anonymous (likely) on here - unless you've shared your real details with someone here already.

Seems like you'd get more info if we knew the whole picture?

Edit: Wait - is the female in question your daughter by chance? You mentioned two kids...and it would all sort of start to make sense.
Appreciate 1
City Pig6092.50

06-24-2019, 10:12 PM   #19
Genieman
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Quote:
So you say the bolded above, but then you say this below:

Quote:
The two statements seem incongruent with each other don't they? Why don't you just tell us the full story? You are anonymous (likely) on here - unless you've shared your real details with someone here already.

Seems like you'd get more info if we knew the whole picture?

Edit: Wait - is the female in question your daughter by chance? You mentioned two kids...and it would all sort of start to make sense.
It really is a hypothetical question. Here is my thought process on the abortion debate:

We seem to be faced with two options; pro life and pro choice. My problem with these two options is that they both have merit. The pro life argument seems to come from a good place, killing babies is bad, seems logical. The part of the pro choice argument where a women should have the right to choose whether she wants to be pregnant or not, definitely has merit. So in trying to reconcile these conflicting viewpoints I thought that maybe there was a third option or a middle ground where you can avoid the "killing" of abortion while preserving the woman's right to make a choice as to whether to be pregnant or not. The idea i came up with is an alternative to abortion, inducing a pregnancy. If the baby is old enough to survive outside of the womb then it's a saved life. Babies can go into foster care and potentially adopted. Mother gets to stop being pregnant if that's what she chooses. With medical advances the gestational age at which survival is possible will continually get lower. Entire idea is predicated on the possibility of preterm labor induction. That's why I asked.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:10 PM   #20
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
I'm busy for a while and THIS happens?

UncleWede , 1MOREMOD have you guys been drinking the entire time?!?!!

Several actors have played James Bond, Sean Connery IS James Bond...

Fair and objective hearings don't take place in secret.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:16 PM   #21
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I'm busy for a while and THIS happens?

UncleWede , 1MOREMOD have you guys been drinking the entire time?!?!!
I finally got staff who can cover on-call. I drink every chance I get. Just finished a 40 Mikes cranberry after my run
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 11:22 PM   #22
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

It seems there should be no humor or wisecracks about this subject.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer15032.50