BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com  
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  

Go Back   BMW E60 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #23
g_petko
Private
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2007 e90

Garage List
2007 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
We talking about in a general term of doing business or just the finance part?
A guess to an extent it is both, but I lack what I consider enough knowledge on the financial side of things and things to keep an eye on / consider
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 02:12 PM   #24
g_petko
Private
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
buy the audiobook by Brian Tracy titled "how leaders lead." its a great book about running a business.
Thanks for the heads up I recently got 3 books; The Zig Zag Principle, The One Minute Manager and Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 02:16 PM   #25
g_petko
Private
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
2007 E90  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASBSECU E93 View Post
^ This. Before anyone can offer any meaningful feedback, It may help to better understand what sector of business you are considering...Medical, CRE, Manufacturing, C-Store, C&I, etc...
So I've got a real-estate which is now adding dollars to the bank and with some cash I have access to I'm wanting to open my own Performance / Fitness Gym. I've got a background in Strength and Conditioning and have always worked in gyms even while I was teaching full-time.

I have a solid knowledge of how to run a gym - but running a successful business is a different bag
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 06:39 PM   #26
ASBSECU E93
Know's a guy that know's a guy...
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d; 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_petko View Post
So I've got a real-estate which is now adding dollars to the bank and with some cash I have access to I'm wanting to open my own Performance / Fitness Gym. I've got a background in Strength and Conditioning and have always worked in gyms even while I was teaching full-time.

I have a solid knowledge of how to run a gym - but running a successful business is a different bag
You should also check out Idris Mootee. Design Thinking in Innovation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Poop shit, shit and poop. I'm mildly angry now.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2015, 12:46 AM   #27
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
A guess to an extent it is both, but I lack what I consider enough knowledge on the financial side of things and things to keep an eye on / consider
When you build a successful business with a consistent source of income, finance will be an extremely crucial part of maintaining success. Projections are usually overly optimistic and cash flow and budgeting is probably what I consider to be the most important part for a start up. You must be good with money and you must continue to check if the numbers are right before its too late. And always allow for contingencies which basically means "shit happens" budgeting.

I have no idea how to run a gym tho lol.

Good Luck and always keep an eye on the finance. Maybe try to at least take a course or two on accounting to get a good idea of the financial statements and bookkeeping.
      04-16-2015, 11:01 AM   #28
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Quote:

Hire her and many like her.